Update on Standing Rock

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2017, 03:59 PM
Update on Standing Rock
This showed up on my FB feed.

Quote:"UPDATE FROM STANDING ROCK:
Worse than before square one: being arrested and demolished and persecuted in SILENCE: they've shut down live feeds (must be an illegal block) and are behaving in ways that keep the media from being able to cover what's happening.
They warned that they would come on the 22nd and instead came today so there would be no media coverage. Please please post so it can reach the people it should.
This makes me sick to post this: The raid has begun at Standing Rock (per Sunny Savage who is there). There is apparently a standoff happening right now. Backwater bridge has been opened, and there are large numbers of police, DAPL security, and National Guard circling the water protectors. Raids and mass arrest are imminent. Apparently, Trump is behind this. Live feeds are blocked. Media are not there, except for TYT. If you copy and paste, more people will see than if you click "share." Send love & support by reposting if you will.
#IndigenousLivesMatter #NoDAPL #waterislife #mniwiconi #IndigenousAndProud #NativeLives #Sing #StandTogether"

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2017, 04:04 PM
RE: Update on Standing Rock
(24-02-2017 03:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  This showed up on my FB feed.

Quote:"UPDATE FROM STANDING ROCK:
Worse than before square one: being arrested and demolished and persecuted in SILENCE: they've shut down live feeds (must be an illegal block) and are behaving in ways that keep the media from being able to cover what's happening.
They warned that they would come on the 22nd and instead came today so there would be no media coverage. Please please post so it can reach the people it should.
This makes me sick to post this: The raid has begun at Standing Rock (per Sunny Savage who is there). There is apparently a standoff happening right now. Backwater bridge has been opened, and there are large numbers of police, DAPL security, and National Guard circling the water protectors. Raids and mass arrest are imminent. Apparently, Trump is behind this. Live feeds are blocked. Media are not there, except for TYT. If you copy and paste, more people will see than if you click "share." Send love & support by reposting if you will.
#IndigenousLivesMatter #NoDAPL #waterislife #mniwiconi #IndigenousAndProud #NativeLives #Sing #StandTogether"

I could copy/paste this onto a FB post, assuming I can remember how to FB, right?

24-02-2017, 04:05 PM
(24-02-2017 04:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 03:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  This showed up on my FB feed.

I could copy/paste this onto a FB post, assuming I can remember how to FB, right?

Yes, but - I just found out this is a couple days old! Facepalm

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-02-2017, 04:12 PM
(24-02-2017 04:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 04:04 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I could copy/paste this onto a FB post, assuming I can remember how to FB, right?

Yes, but - I just found out this is a couple days old! Facepalm

I already posted it to my page, and clicked it to 'public', but oh well. Tongue If folks read it, good. Shy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
24-02-2017, 04:30 PM
(24-02-2017 04:12 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 04:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yes, but - I just found out this is a couple days old! Facepalm

I already posted it to my page, and clicked it to 'public', but oh well. Tongue If folks read it, good. Shy

Just say you posted it a couple day ago but it took a while to go through Big Grin

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
24-02-2017, 04:49 PM
The actions of the Police, and the Trump administration, in regards to how they've handled PEACEFUL protestors here seriously, sickens the hell out of me.
And the fact that they're blocking media coverage is extremely worrisome. I guarantee those police officers wont be wearing body cameras. It's a very dangerous situation and it's not even being reported on. It needs to be reported on. It needs to be filmed.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
24-02-2017, 04:59 PM
It's fucked again for native Americans. There's not a single treaty with them that hasn't been broken.

I fully expected something like that to happen, so I didn't understand why everyone celebrated Obama's stay on construction. It was obvious that Dump and the Repubs wouldn't give half a shit over standing rock. Dump's even invested there, far as I know. Speaking of conflict of interests.
24-02-2017, 05:14 PM
(24-02-2017 04:59 PM)abaris Wrote:  It's fucked again for native Americans. There's not a single treaty with them that hasn't been broken.

I fully expected something like that to happen, so I didn't understand why everyone celebrated Obama's stay on construction. It was obvious that Dump and the Repubs wouldn't give half a shit over standing rock. Dump's even invested there, far as I know. Speaking of conflict of interests.

Yep, trump is invested there...