Update on the job situation...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2016, 06:45 PM
Update on the job situation...
So, it looks like I will be staying at my present place of employment.

I have been working on a project for the executive in charge of medical billing. It appears (no shock to me) that payments haven't been posted completely and correctly for at least a year. I have been researching things and trying to figure out what hasn't been posted and what has. I was asked to stay and help with it for 60-90 days as well as still providing support for the asshole I have worked for since last January (read - being Mark's bitch).

Today I was asked to take over as head of payment posting in the long term. For now I will continue the project I have been working on but will take it a step further. I will be learning new software programs over the next few weeks. In the meantime I am still Mark's bitch but that is decreasing rapidly. I also have some recourse now as I work for a member of the executive team and she is fully aware of how awful he is.

The upside is that I can now be more than a clerk. The downside is that the new company is looking for a new space on the other side of the city which will result is a totally crap commute...but that's not going to happen over night.

I also have a new local boss who isn't afraid to go to bat for me where the jerk is concerned. Eventually I will have a staff of my own.

Hopefully Mark will be gone by summer.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
03-03-2016, 06:53 PM
RE: Update on the job situation...
Well shit, I'm glad things are looking up.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-03-2016, 06:55 PM
I hope it works out for you. My only concern would be they are staling you in order to replace you without having to do without the help you provide now.

I don't know what happen to the other job you were excited about but you might want to keep an eye out for an opportunity just in case. People who are shitty or tolerate shitty managers rarely change their ways. Good luck!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
03-03-2016, 07:21 PM
Mark isn't even employed by the new company. His function is to close out the old company. He is holding everything pretty close to the vest which is why I am now not much more than a clerk. If I don't know things I can't divulge them to the new company.

They are giving me an opportunity to learn new things. I try to never turn my back on learning new job skills.

The new company is making changes in personnel with an emphasis on keeping people who do their work and have been with the old company for a while. They see those of us who have been around a while as people who care about what we do and therefore have value. The whole atmosphere at work is changing for the better...with the exception of Mark. I still have to deal with him...most people don't.

I am going to look at this as a good thing. As it stands I make a point of having as little interaction with Mark as possible, and that helps a bit.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
03-03-2016, 07:36 PM
(03-03-2016 07:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Mark isn't even employed by the new company. His function is to close out the old company. He is holding everything pretty close to the vest which is why I am now not much more than a clerk. If I don't know things I can't divulge them to the new company.

They are giving me an opportunity to learn new things. I try to never turn my back on learning new job skills.

The new company is making changes in personnel with an emphasis on keeping people who do their work and have been with the old company for a while. They see those of us who have been around a while as people who care about what we do and therefore have value. The whole atmosphere at work is changing for the better...with the exception of Mark. I still have to deal with him...most people don't.

I am going to look at this as a good thing. As it stands I make a point of having as little interaction with Mark as possible, and that helps a bit.

You might want to ask for an employment contract.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-03-2016, 08:05 PM
(03-03-2016 07:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 07:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Mark isn't even employed by the new company. His function is to close out the old company. He is holding everything pretty close to the vest which is why I am now not much more than a clerk. If I don't know things I can't divulge them to the new company.

You might want to ask for an employment contract.

Is that a good idea? Sounds like something for subcontractors or consultants not someone on the fast track to become Mark's boss. I'd want to get lawyers involved why?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
03-03-2016, 08:14 PM
Mark is on his way out. I am helping to expedite that exit with the project I am working on.

I won't be his boss but I am helping to fix the department that he allowed to become such a disaster. He was running the billing department and nearly ran it into the ground. The old owner had quite a hand in that too. The old owner is gone - he was fired.

I will end up outlasting the owner and Mark...there's a certain satisfaction in that. Big Grin Evil_monster

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
03-03-2016, 08:19 PM
Looks like a good opportunity is presenting itself. I hope it works out for you.
03-03-2016, 08:38 PM
(03-03-2016 08:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Mark is on his way out. I am helping to expedite that exit with the project I am working on.

I won't be his boss but I am helping to fix the department that he allowed to become such a disaster. He was running the billing department and nearly ran it into the ground. The old owner had quite a hand in that too. The old owner is gone - he was fired.

I will end up outlasting the owner and Mark...there's a certain satisfaction in that. Big Grin Evil_monster

Looking forward to the "Mark is gone" thread. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
03-03-2016, 08:45 PM
You are definitely not Mark's bitch or anyone's bitch. You are the kind of woman who makes her own opportunities.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post