Updated on my 3rd read of the bible

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
17-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Updated on my 3rd read of the bible
I don't know what it is but this read through but....man I'm losing it. Some of the stories in this freaking book. I now think that 90% of Christians never read the bible in it's entirety because in between all the stories that everyone knows is some fucked up shit. I'm currently at Judges and this one....I need a f'ing break after reading this one.

16 That evening an old man from the hill country of Ephraim, who was living in Gibeah (the inhabitants of the place were Benjamites), came in from his work in the fields. 17 When he looked and saw the traveler in the city square, the old man asked, “Where are you going? Where did you come from?”

18 He answered, “We are on our way from Bethlehem in Judah to a remote area in the hill country of Ephraim where I live. I have been to Bethlehem in Judah and now I am going to the house of the Lord.[a] No one has taken me in for the night. 19 We have both straw and fodder for our donkeys and bread and wine for ourselves your servants—me, the woman and the young man with us. We don’t need anything.”

20 “You are welcome at my house,” the old man said. “Let me supply whatever you need. Only don’t spend the night in the square.” 21 So he took him into his house and fed his donkeys. After they had washed their feet, they had something to eat and drink.

22 While they were enjoying themselves, some of the wicked men of the city surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, “Bring out the man who came to your house so we can have sex with him.” (wait...isn't this...fuck it)

23 The owner of the house went outside and said to them, “No, my friends, don’t be so vile. Since this man is my guest, don’t do this outrageous thing. 24 Look, here is my virgin daughter, and his concubine.(Yep definitely the same story) I will bring them out to you now, and you can use them and do to them whatever you wish. But as for this man, don’t do such an outrageous thing.”

25 But the men would not listen to him. So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. 26 At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight.

27 When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. 28 He said to her, “Get up; let’s go.”(Oh I just sent her out to be gang raped, let me throw a little salt on that and be an ass) But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.

29 When he reached home, he took a knife and cut up his concubine, limb by limb, into twelve parts and sent them into all the areas of Israel. Shocking (You can not be fucking serious) 30 Everyone who saw it was saying to one another, “Such a thing has never been seen or done, not since the day the Israelites came up out of Egypt. Just imagine! We must do something! So speak up!”

Few question about this whole thing...no mention of God speaking or anything. No fucking help or anything? You just let this shit happen? Looked the other way as he was cutting up the body too?

I'm seriously putting this down for a while because this is making me somewhat angry at how vicious this "God" can be. If a man is being threatened that's when he steps up but gives not one fuck about women or kids. I use to be a lot more apologetic but the more I read this thing has help diminish that. If this God of the bible is true and this did happen Fuck Him. I won't bow down to some tyrant with a Napoleon complex and jealousy issues needing to be praised all the time. Fuck you dude.

(Whew)

Lastly I've lost a lot of respect for people who do still believe this is true(the bible in it's entirety) because it shows you can blindly believe in something and not even read the damn thing. You shouldn't even be allowed to vote. I mean seriously you probably won't even read the damn ballot let alone the policies that the people who are running present to you. You'll just vote on who "feel right".

Alright I'm done with my rant. Leave your thoughts and shit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like MrKrispy601's post
17-07-2014, 09:12 AM
RE: Updated on my 3rd read of the bible
This is actually very similar to the story of Lot, when the angels visited him to warn him to leave Sodom before it was destroyed (this is in the book of Genesis). Same thing -- the wicked men of the town want to have their way with his visitors (the angels), and Lot offers his daughters instead! WTF??!!?? Apparently women counted for nothing back then, even if they were your daughters. And didn't he think the angels would be able to take care of themselves (which they ultimately did anyway)?
17-07-2014, 09:14 AM
(17-07-2014 09:12 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  This is actually very similar to the story of Lot, when the angels visited him to warn him to leave Sodom before it was destroyed (this is in the book of Genesis). Same thing -- the wicked men of the town want to have their way with his visitors (the angels), and Lot offers his daughters instead! WTF??!!?? Apparently women counted for nothing back then, even if they were your daughters. And didn't he think the angels would be able to take care of themselves (which they ultimately did anyway)?

Yeah it's the same story except this time the rapist take up the offer. Either way still mutually fucked up.
17-07-2014, 09:16 AM
Its just a feel good story from the bible which teaches very important lessons. For some reason its usually stricken from Children's Bibles.

The lessons are:
1 rape's ok as long as its a woman
2 linked to 1 is women don't count
3 American Psycho plagiarized the bible
4 it also helps the reader with some helpful hints regarding what to do with your dead concubines.

All in all a very instructive tale.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
17-07-2014, 09:20 AM
What he did was awful, no doubt, but I'm also wondering why he cut her up in 12 pieces and sent her to different locations in Israel. Was this another incident where the scribes that wrote this had some sort of symbolic meaning entwined with this act?

Who did he send to take these body parts? What did they say when they got to their locations? "Here's a piece of a concubine this guy cut up, he didn't do it though! It was some other people who were really bad!"

What a bunch of savages!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
17-07-2014, 09:21 AM
(17-07-2014 09:06 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  he took a knife and cut up his concubine, limb by limb, into twelve parts

Huh Was she part centipede?

(I focus on stupid details when the whole thing's too bad to go into.)
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
17-07-2014, 09:27 AM
(17-07-2014 09:20 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  What he did was awful, no doubt, but I'm also wondering why he cut her up in 12 pieces and sent her to different locations in Israel. Was this another incident where the scribes that wrote this had some sort of symbolic meaning entwined with this act?

Who did he send to take these body parts? What did they say when they got to their locations? "Here's a piece of a concubine this guy cut up, he didn't do it though! It was some other people who were really bad!"

What a bunch of savages!

Wanna know what else is fucked up. The story continues in the next chapter as he's trying to revenge her death.

4 So the Levite, the husband of the murdered woman, said, “I and my concubine came to Gibeah in Benjamin to spend the night. 5 During the night the men of Gibeah came after me and surrounded the house, intending to kill me. They raped my concubine, and she died. 6 I took my concubine, cut her into pieces and sent one piece to each region of Israel’s inheritance, because they committed this lewd and outrageous act in Israel. 7 Now, all you Israelites, speak up and tell me what you have decided to do.”

Not really telling the whole story there buddy.....you fed her to the wolves to save your ass. But we'll just overlook that.

Honestly burning the body and scattering the ashes would've been a whole lot easier, but you know the bible. If it ain't bloody it's not good enough.
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
17-07-2014, 10:30 AM
(17-07-2014 09:27 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  5 During the night the men of Gibeah came after me and surrounded the house, intending to kill me. They raped my concubine, and she died. 6 I took my concubine, cut her into pieces and sent one piece to each region of Israel’s inheritance, because they committed this lewd and outrageous act in Israel. 7 Now, all you Israelites, speak up and tell me what you have decided to do.”

There's another issue. He cut the body into 12 pieces and sent them to the 12 tribes. Except that Benjamin, the guilty party, constituted one of the tribes. Why would he send them a piece? Did the writer of this section slip up?

Doc
17-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Judges shows the evil that results when people reject God and his moral standards.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-07-2014, 11:04 AM
(17-07-2014 09:06 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  Few question about this whole thing...no mention of God speaking or anything. No fucking help or anything?
Wait... but God did do something. He made sure to inspire the author to record the story so that the rest of us would be sure to learn all the important lessons it contains. Dodgy

For example, when you have a guest, be sure to replace possible abuse of said guest with abuse of someone close to you instead. Refusing abuse of everyone is not an option and you now have God's permission not to feel guilty about it.

Also, after the abuse of that someone close to you, don't let them wallow in self-pity. Just be blunt and move on.

Yeah, thank gawd for the inspiration. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post