Upgrading personal abuse!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2013, 07:18 PM
RE: Upgrading personal abuse!
(08-09-2013 07:12 PM)bemore Wrote:  I'm not making excuses for his views. I am just giving scope for people to consider.

To be 100% honest with you in this day and age there is no excuse for anyone to hold such views. No amount of contextualising it is going to make what he said ok in any way.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2013, 07:27 PM
(08-09-2013 07:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 07:12 PM)bemore Wrote:  I'm not making excuses for his views. I am just giving scope for people to consider.

To be 100% honest with you in this day and age there is no excuse for anyone to hold such views. No amount of contextualising it is going to make what he said ok in any way.

So you are saying you have a "cure" on how to change peoples views who may have been brought up in a completely different way to you then? You say in this "day and age".... Woofs was brought up in a different "day and age" which is why I mentioned it.

It was deemed by a large majority "acceptable" to treat homosexuals as second rate citizens years ago, if you got brought up in that environment then you may share the same views as Mr Woof. As it is you have been brought up (like me) in a more moderate society.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
08-09-2013, 07:31 PM
(08-09-2013 07:27 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 07:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  To be 100% honest with you in this day and age there is no excuse for anyone to hold such views. No amount of contextualising it is going to make what he said ok in any way.

So you are saying you have a "cure" on how to change peoples views who may have been brought up in a completely different way to you then? You say in this "day and age".... Woofs was brought up in a different "day and age" which is why I mentioned it.

It was deemed by a large majority "acceptable" to treat homosexuals as second rate citizens years ago, if you got brought up in that environment then you may share the same views as Mr Woof. As it is you have been brought up (like me) in a more moderate society.

Yes the "cure" is to realise you have been indoctrinated in a false paradigm and then to educate yourself. If Woofs wants help doing this I'm sure there would be tons of people here willing to help him.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-09-2013, 07:36 PM
(08-09-2013 07:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 07:27 PM)bemore Wrote:  So you are saying you have a "cure" on how to change peoples views who may have been brought up in a completely different way to you then? You say in this "day and age".... Woofs was brought up in a different "day and age" which is why I mentioned it.

Yes the "cure" is to realise you have been indoctrinated in a false paradigm and then to educate yourself. If Woofs wants help doing this I'm sure there would be tons of people here willing to help him.

If you check out his posts you will see in the past he has thought of this. If I remember correctly I think he made a thread where he apologised for his views.

His apology wasn't accepted by muffs though (surprisingly)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
08-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Drama, drama, useless drama....Confused

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
08-09-2013, 07:56 PM
[Image: 239-oh-look-its-this-thread-again.jpg]

Okay, just want to start off by saying; I'm not addressing this post specifically as I am fucking lazy, Now readers have dealt with that, we can move on.

Woofs, as he would probably remembers, last time he raised this... 'issue'... I went back to the thread he and Muffs had their spat and explicitly said that, while he was plain wrong, it did not seem bigoted (to me) and Muffs behaviour was unwarranted. (Granted I was trying to remain non-confrontational).

I maintain my stance: What Woofs said was plain and simply wrong and ignorant, however, misguided as it may be, I still do not contribute it to bigotry more-so than simple ignorance, regardless of how often the latter causes the former.
I get the feeling that if Woofs would be the bigger man and admit that Muffs, as per homosexual habits, handed Woofs his freshly beaten arse, it would go away. (An act which I have not witnessed, and would like to) I have doubts that Muffs would be so vindictive as to continue should Woofs admit that Muffs beat him (which is the forum consensus, so it seems and out of no favouritism to Muffs, I might add).
However, as bad as this might seem, should he continue to ignore his defeat and go on as though it never happened, I might have to reconsider my stance whether or not there was any deliberate bigotry.

Muffs is being no fucking better than Woofs, I think; Muffs is being Muffs and is, probably gleefully, trolling Woofs and getting is morning lulz from Woofs reacting to him. Sure, Muffs is as Muffs does, but that doesn't really excuse being a dickwad, especially when he was right. I would generally support Muffs, if it was all about the end result of that thread, but Muffs, to me, has caused himself to lose any sort of moral high ground against Woofs by virtue of his being a cunt about it and updating his neg-rep frequently and unnecessarily. I can almost understand though and hope that he will cease as it is not only unseemly, but downright childish.

In my opinion, both parties in this spat (Muffs and Woofs) are being twats about the whole thing; If Woofs and Muffs would take their respective loss and victory graciously and be men about it, there would be no problem, but they continue to act like children about it (Okay, Muffs acting like a child is normal, but the point stands). Fact is, both of them are, generally, decent posters but come on, a person can't excuse Muffs actively trolling Woofs in such a way, nor can one excuse Woofs for both reacting to it in such a manner (bitching about it) and for not simply taking the loss, admitting he was beaten and moving on.

My thoughts, ladies and gentlemen, now, if we could move on, that'd be great.

Note: If something I said was in error, for example, Woofs admitting to being wrong, a link would be appreciated and a redaction post would soon follow.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
08-09-2013, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2013 08:25 PM by Mr Woof.)
(08-09-2013 06:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This has really not turned out the way you planned at all, did it Woofs? You don't have a leg to stand on in this fight. Is Muffs a bit over the top, yes. Do you deserve it, yes.

Ha, ha, you will never reach Muffwanker's statusHobo
As for modernity it need not be synonymous with a better way of life in the long term.
Is Bemore one of the few remaining reasonably balanced person on this forum? balanced
08-09-2013, 08:29 PM
(08-09-2013 07:36 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 07:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes the "cure" is to realise you have been indoctrinated in a false paradigm and then to educate yourself. If Woofs wants help doing this I'm sure there would be tons of people here willing to help him.

If you check out his posts you will see in the past he has thought of this. If I remember correctly I think he made a thread where he apologised for his views.

His apology wasn't accepted by muffs though (surprisingly)

I don't think I ever apologized for stating a hypothetical re gay parenting..
Much of my original argument was taken out of its underlying context!
Attacks don't face this and are based on smartarsery.........
08-09-2013, 08:31 PM
(08-09-2013 06:08 PM)Regular_Joe Wrote:  I am glad I read the original thread. I wrongly assumed this to be the result of trolling on earmuff's part and for that I apologize.

The OP cast the tone when Woof stated, "When the druggie Elton and his partner adopted, I was quite concerned for the child." I was done. I kept reading hoping for some redemption. Nope.

The language might have been harsh, but I'm quite alright with earmuffs giving you a negative rating "For gross unnessasary abuse and being an ill-informed bigoted fucktard. Grow the fuck up disgusting human being, if there was a hell I would wish upon you that you, all that you love and all that you hold dear to your heart, burn in it. Homophobe."

I'll add my own sentiment. Fuck you bigot.
And may you one day grow a better balanced brain!
08-09-2013, 08:32 PM
I've read the tread. Do i agree with muffs? Yes. Is he a cunt? Yes. Should both of you apologize? Fuck yes!

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 4 users Like Lightvader's post