Upgrading personal abuse!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2013, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2013 08:59 PM by Mr Woof.)
RE: Upgrading personal abuse!
This post in dedicated to those members who oppose gross personal abuse and accusations of bigotry based on vacuous claims made by people intolerant or incapable
of understanding a nuanced argument.

Demand contextual reference to such before accepting hearsay.

The value of this forum does not lie in an abuse/shock mentality and, as contributors, some of you may value polite and insighthful debate,particularly when it comes to serious matters.

The essential value of TTA lies not in distasteful dogma,but tolerance, conviction, and a reasoned awareness of when to draw the line.

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
08-09-2013, 08:58 PM
(08-09-2013 08:42 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  This post in dedicaed to those members who oppose gross personal abuse and accusations of bigotry based on vacuous claims made by people intolerant or incapable
of understanding a nuanced argument.

Demand contextual reference to such before accepting hearsay.

The value of this forum does not lie in an abuse/shock mentality and as contributors some of you may value polite and insigthful debate, when it comes to serious matters.

The essential value of TTA lies not in distasteful dogma,but tolerance, conviction, and a reasoned awareness of when to draw the line.

Thank you!

I do not think it "morally wrong" for a government to look at sexuality relevant to bringing up children.
Would a child prefer gay parents or straight parents? Are two males equal or preferable to a loving natural mother's nurturing breast? Irrespective of how nice the gay parents may be, nature, in the big picture, is geared to heterosexuality and in the higher animal kingdom this has governed where we find ourselves today.

Yes some heterosexual couples carelessly have unwanted children; I see this as a separate problem.
With gay couples there may be a novelty factor,serious discussion may or may not occur, and even if they do sincerely want children they may fail to recognize that given the way things actually are in the world, and have been for thousands of years, they are placing their demands before the child's best interests.

AS for the children of gays being more tolerant this pre supposes to some degree that the gay life is preferable to the heterosexual life and I don't see this as in any way being established.

Your reference to liberal abortion laws preventing child neglect is really off the gay topic and could be addressed in another post.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid220893

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-09-2013, 09:02 PM
So does this in your view warrant death and suffering wishes to me, my wife, family and pets?
08-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Much needed derailment:

[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
08-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Um, so, five pages in...I read the op, then skipped to here.

Like I said last time, grow the fuck up.

Both of you.

And btw Woof....Muffs obsession with your rep has absolutely nothing to do with TTA. At all. Seriously. Get over yourself.

And one last thing....if you want to do this again in a few months, resurrect this, or one of the other threads you've started about this. Cuz one more thread with the same topic is seriously going to start looking like spam.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
08-09-2013, 09:04 PM
(08-09-2013 09:02 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  So does this in your view warrant death and suffering wishes to me, my wife, family and pets?

Why don't you just let it go? Do you really think bringing it up over and over will change muffs' mind? You just encourage him.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
08-09-2013, 09:08 PM
(08-09-2013 09:03 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Um, so, five pages in...I read the op, then skipped to here.

Both of you.

And btw Woof....Muffs obsession with your rep has absolutely nothing to do with TTA. At all. Seriously. Get over yourself.

And one last thing....if you want to do this again in a few months, resurrect this, or one of the other threads you've started about this. Cuz one more thread with the same topic is seriously going to start looking like spam.

Yes, when people shy from genuine argument one of the head honchos appears and tries to come across as all smart and de railing.
Not spam, my friend, self protection!
08-09-2013, 09:10 PM
(08-09-2013 09:08 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 09:03 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Um, so, five pages in...I read the op, then skipped to here.

Both of you.

Yes, when people shy from genuine argument one of the head honchos appears and tries to come across as all smart and de railing.
Not spam, my friend, self protection!

No you are just bitching whining and moaning that someone didn't just say oh he's an old man let him hold his bigoted views unchallenged. Grow up and get over it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
08-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Mr Woof--you may be from a different generation than earmuffs or me, but the thread that ticked earmuffs off was laced with stereotypes and bigotry on your part. His constant updating of your rep may be petty, but the original rating is well within what I would consider normal decorum.

I think you're actually much better than most 71 year olds on the topic of homosexuality. For earmuffs and others who have piled up on you, I would suggest just to keep working on you to convince you that you're wrong. And stop obsessing about the comments in your rep already--it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I personally only look at them when I see someone act like a real jack ass to see if it's a one time thing or the way they normally are. I only looked at your rep now because you made a big stinking deal about it. I suggest you learn from Barbara Steisand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect) and just shut up about it already.
08-09-2013, 09:19 PM
If you didnt make such a big deal out of it,you wouldnt get this reaction from muffs. Just sayin...

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....