Upgrading personal abuse!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2013, 09:19 PM
RE: Upgrading personal abuse!
(08-09-2013 09:11 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Mr Woof--you may be from a different generation than earmuffs or me, but the thread that ticked earmuffs off was laced with stereotypes and bigotry on your part. His constant updating of your rep may be petty, but the original rating is well within what I would consider normal decorum.

I think you're actually much better than most 71 year olds on the topic of homosexuality. For earmuffs and others who have piled up on you, I would suggest just to keep working on you to convince you that you're wrong. And stop obsessing about the comments in your rep already--it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I personally only look at them when I see someone act like a real jack ass to see if it's a one time thing or the way they normally are. I only looked at your rep now because you made a big stinking deal about it. I suggest you learn from Barbara Steisand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect) and just shut up about it already.
I don't really like the right /wrong dichotomy and endeavour to nuance considerations.
Quite clearly to this point Earmuff's approach appears to enjoy a strange and dare I say it 'bigoted' acceptance.
Debate is impossible if we are all locked within our pre conceived dogmas.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2013, 09:24 PM
(08-09-2013 09:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 09:08 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Yes, when people shy from genuine argument one of the head honchos appears and tries to come across as all smart and de railing.
Not spam, my friend, self protection!

No you are just bitching whining and moaning that someone didn't just say oh he's an old man let him hold his bigoted views unchallenged. Grow up and get over it.

These off the cuff comments,pre suppose what you know nothing about.
An ad hominem attack, no? Maybe ad ignorantum?.......then again.....?
Care to prove my bigotry???
08-09-2013, 09:27 PM
(08-09-2013 09:19 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Debate is impossible if we are all locked within our pre conceived dogmas.

says the guy who is so biggoted he doesnt like the idea of homosexual parents

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
08-09-2013, 09:29 PM
(08-09-2013 09:19 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 09:11 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Mr Woof--you may be from a different generation than earmuffs or me, but the thread that ticked earmuffs off was laced with stereotypes and bigotry on your part. His constant updating of your rep may be petty, but the original rating is well within what I would consider normal decorum.

I think you're actually much better than most 71 year olds on the topic of homosexuality. For earmuffs and others who have piled up on you, I would suggest just to keep working on you to convince you that you're wrong. And stop obsessing about the comments in your rep already--it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I personally only look at them when I see someone act like a real jack ass to see if it's a one time thing or the way they normally are. I only looked at your rep now because you made a big stinking deal about it. I suggest you learn from Barbara Steisand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect) and just shut up about it already.
I don't really like the right /wrong dichotomy and endeavour to nuance considerations.
Quite clearly to this point Earmuff's approach appears to enjoy a strange and dare I say it 'bigoted' acceptance.

Who, besides you, saw any of his comments? Probably no one until you called attention to it.

Get over it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2013, 09:30 PM
(08-09-2013 09:19 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I don't really like the right /wrong dichotomy and endeavour to nuance considerations.

Using the history of the US here as context, what would you imagine a black person would feel if a point was made that 'some black people' have been known to pop out babies so they can live the "welfare queen" life off of the government teet? You can even cite studies showing the rate of out of wedlock babies to African American women on welfare is higher than other races.

That, my friend, is the equivalent of what you did. Maybe, if you are not prejudiced against Africans, you would see the bigotry in the above example. If so, see if you can find the parallels to your own arguments in that thread that set this all off.
08-09-2013, 09:41 PM
(08-09-2013 09:30 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(08-09-2013 09:19 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I don't really like the right /wrong dichotomy and endeavour to nuance considerations.

Using the history of the US here as context, what would you imagine a black person would feel if a point was made that 'some black people' have been known to pop out babies so they can live the "welfare queen" life off of the government teet? You can even cite studies showing the rate of out of wedlock babies to African American women on welfare is higher than other races.

That, my friend, is the equivalent of what you did. Maybe, if you are not prejudiced against Africans, you would see the bigotry in the above example. If so, see if you can find the parallels to your own arguments in that thread that set this all off.
Males of any colour do not become pregnant.
When it comes to male parenting (any colour) surrogacy? is but one problem to be encountered. Baby popping entails a lot of hidden conjecturals, doesn't it?
Raising problems is not to raise a blanket objection to same sex parenting, it is simply to look at issues. Assertions don't make for answers to complex issues.
08-09-2013, 09:44 PM
We're all missing the point on this topic.

People who oppose gay adoption aren't scum primarily for their treatment of gays, it's for their treatment of kids. Being a bigot is bad enough, taking that bigotry to such an extreme that you wanna deny loving homes to unloved kids is ten times worse.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
08-09-2013, 09:48 PM
(08-09-2013 09:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Who, besides you, saw any of his comments? Probably no one until you called attention to it.

Get over it.

You do not wan't to address Earmuff's behaviour.
His comments at times to me, and others, have arguably been offensive, yet he wallows in adoration. I can't really be blamed at wondering !
08-09-2013, 09:55 PM
(08-09-2013 09:44 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  We're all missing the point on this topic.

People who oppose gay adoption aren't scum primarily for their treatment of gays, it's for their treatment of kids. Being a bigot is bad enough, taking that bigotry to such an extreme that you wanna deny loving homes to unloved kids is ten times worse.

In terms of time, male gay parenting is experimental;the impact on children one way or the other is hard to determine when compared with conventional parenting.
08-09-2013, 10:07 PM
(08-09-2013 09:41 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Males of any colour do not become pregnant.
When it comes to male parenting (any colour) surrogacy? is but one problem to be encountered. Baby popping entails a lot of hidden conjecturals, doesn't it?
Raising problems is not to raise a blanket objection to same sex parenting, it is simply to look at issues. Assertions don't make for answers to complex issues.

What does being able to become pregnant have to do with whether parents would be suitable to adopt? Most parents who adopt cannot conceive themselves. Pregnancy usually is impossible in the cases of adoptive heterosecual couples as well.

You know, maybe some people are just too old to use the internet. At 71, some people of that age become senile and more prone to being taken advantage of by online scams. Maybe it would just be better to cut off internet access past a 'certain age'? Is this bigotted? Not at all. I'm just asking questions, just "raising problems" that might occur from older individuals using the internet. I'm simply looking at issues here. /sarc