Upgrading personal abuse!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2013, 05:08 PM
RE: Upgrading personal abuse!
DLJ sort of hit the nail on the head, also Anje.
At times I do let my existential idealism (whatever that may be?) over ride life as best understood in the nitty gritty. This can be seen as a failing.
By searching for an elusive cosmic 'truth' one can seek earthly ideals by attempts at negating questionable issues,sometimes with inadequate justification.
I tend to ask existential questions, not so much through fear of dying, but because I see issues relating to cosmic potentialities as fascinating while immensely difficult to relate to in any substantive manner.
I hold no hatred towards gay people, including Earmuffs. I see hatred as essentially negative in any long term application. In retrospect some of my earlier comments may have been abrasive and hurtful to gay men. This was not my intention; rather my concern being the addressing of possible problems inherent in the over all issue of parenting.
Where we seek to become somewhat better individuals we need to give and take, correct, and take back,listen, empathise, synthesize,qualify,realize, all while remaining open, compassionate, and to some degree convinced.........not an easy task in anyone's language.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Mr Woof's post
09-09-2013, 05:17 PM
(09-09-2013 05:00 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Consider

First... Thanks
... to Revenant for linking to the 9-month-old (full term) debate thread. Useful background. And I too (like bemore) recall seeing on other threads, attempts by Mr Woof to apologise (but I can't remember the detail).

Second... Irony!
Muffsy, I recall, was one of the biggest advocates of the view that this forum is a community first and debate arena second (as opposed to vice versa) when that topic was debated. That's why we started the purple Personal Issues section. Is this some misfired but instinctive attempt to defend the community? I wonder.

Third... Can't think of a third.

So, here's my take on it. And I say this as the only TTA member to have
ACTUALLY MET BOTH OF THEM IRL.
so I speak with the ultimate and omniscient authority.

Mr Woof is... someone who ...
...thinks.
He likes thinking and exists to think.
He wants to have his opinions challenged.
He wants to have reasoned debate.
He's gotta whole lotta existentialism stuff going on in that wise old (relative term) head.
He is coming to terms with the realisation that his intrinsic and contextual values / principles / policies are not as 'median' as they used to be (which, btw, happens to us all the more we step outside of our comfort zones)

earmuffs is... someone who...
actually does live under a bridge eating goats.

Always thought you were a kinda open ended thinker.........that strange beer you quaffed was a cue!
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
09-09-2013, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 05:33 PM by Free Thought.)
(09-09-2013 05:08 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  DLJ sort of hit the nail on the head, also Anje.
At times I do let my existential idealism (whatever that may be?) over ride life as best understood in the nitty gritty. This can be seen as a failing.
By searching for an elusive cosmic 'truth' one can seek earthly ideals by attempts at negating questionable issues,sometimes with inadequate justification.
I tend to ask existential questions, not so much through fear of dying, but because I see issues relating to cosmic potentialities as fascinating while immensely difficult to relate to in any substantive manner.

All of this flew over my head, just sayin', some I'mma call philosobull on it.
(09-09-2013 05:08 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I hold no hatred towards gay people, including Earmuffs. I see hatred as essentially negative in any long term application. In retrospect some of my earlier comments may have been abrasive and hurtful to gay men. This was not my intention; rather my concern being the addressing of possible problems inherent in the over all issue of parenting.
Where we seek to become somewhat better individuals we need to give and take, correct, and take back,listen, empathise, synthesize,qualify,realize, all while remaining open, compassionate, and to some degree convinced.........not an easy task in anyone's language.

And with this, while I would have rather seen a bit more of an apologetic apology, rather than a cover-my-arse kind of apology, this will suffice for now.

I hear-by declare that this 'issue' must stop existing; Muffs stop his updating, Woofs stop his bitching.

[Image: nether+does+a+spider+man+thread+_b33c07f...a65009.jpg]
And I also declare that this be made into a Spiderman thread.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
09-09-2013, 05:35 PM
[Image: spiderman-dancing-o.gif]

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
09-09-2013, 05:59 PM
[Image: tumblr_lijtalVuit1qdqk39o1_500.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
09-09-2013, 06:35 PM
[Image: tumblr_m5lel8zmC81rp8n54o1_400.jpg]

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 4 users Like nach_in's post
10-09-2013, 06:02 PM
I really must apologise to those who I recently gave negatives reps.
At the beginning of this year I promised not to utilize this option and deleted such existing reps for Egor and Earmuffs. At the time I saw it preferable for debates to remain public rather can operate via the back door, I still feel this way.
Sorry guys, your neg reps have been deleted.

As for views relating to the gay debate, I have had a look at my original arguments and come to recognise parts which were poorly constructed and not sound. My desire in debate is not to prove myself 'RIGHT' but to look to further insights, one way or the other. Perhaps more on this later.................

As suggested by some it is pretty pointless to check for daily insults, maybe a human frailty, and not as easy as it may seem to stop doing. I will endeavour to correct this problem.

Thank you!
[+] 6 users Like Mr Woof's post
10-09-2013, 06:24 PM
(10-09-2013 06:02 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I really must apologise to those who I recently gave negatives reps.
At the beginning of this year I promised not to utilize this option and deleted such existing reps for Egor and Earmuffs. At the time I saw it preferable for debates to remain public rather can operate via the back door, I still feel this way.

As for views relating to the gay debate, I have had a look at my original arguments and come to recognise parts which were poorly constructed and not sound. My desire in debate is not to prove myself 'RIGHT' but to look to further insights, one way or the other. Perhaps more on this later.................

As suggested by some it is pretty pointless to check for daily insults, maybe a human frailty, and not as easy as it may seem to stop doing. I will endeavour to correct this problem.

Thank you!

Mr. Woof, you are taking all this way too seriously. It's just a message board. It's got all kind of random people in it. They are bound to come to blows every now and then. It is parcel with what other things can be gleaned here. You can't have the diversity of views without a diversity of personalities.

Most of us would never have crossed paths in real life, even if we all were to live in the same big city. We don't travel in the same circles. We are different age groups, races, nationalities, gender orientations, economic situations - all walks of life.

You can't expect to have the contributions of so many different minds without having such diversity of character.

That said, I have seen some pretty nasty personal abuse here and I don't agree with it. It is so unnecessary and can really hurt some people. The very same people who keep harping about how important it is to stay rational and keep emotions in check are those who dish out the biggest crap. Dishing out abuse is a nasty emotional display, you know?

So, I needed to get that out. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-09-2013, 06:26 PM
(10-09-2013 06:02 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I really must apologise to those who I recently gave negatives reps.

Thank you!

I am returning the favor and accepting your apology. I don't know you well enough to have taken any of this personally so no hard feelings.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
10-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Thank you Dom.
Actually in retrospect Earmuffs made some very good points
Had the debate continued we may have mutually gained from it.
Yes, I can get too serious, to my disadvantage.

I found it hard to understand how my comments could have caused such an intense feeling of hatred.In a way I was trying to play the devil's advocate and looking at hypotheticals;in no way did I intend such as a down putting exercise relating to sexual preference. I may have failed to realise the extent that young people feel estranged over this issue and this is something I regret.................
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post