Upgrading the God Concept

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-12-2011, 09:23 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2011 09:27 PM by GirlyMan.)
Upgrading the God Concept
Mr. Woof's Degrading the God Concept thread reminded me of my first post here: I used to be an atheist. And I've been taking every opportunity to proselytize biocentrism ever since. ... with like almost zero response. To paraphrase the immortal Walt Kelly paraphrasing Oliver Hazard Perry, "We have met this God, and it is us."

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-12-2011, 11:00 PM
RE: Upgrading the God Concept
(14-12-2011 09:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Mr. Woof's Degrading the God Concept thread reminded me of my first post here: I used to be an atheist. And I've been taking every opportunity to proselytize biocentrism ever since. ... with like almost zero response. To paraphrase the immortal Walt Kelly paraphrasing Oliver Hazard Perry, "We have met this God, and it is us."

You probably got zero response because everyone knows that once you become an atheist, for there to be any further growth, one must follow the ways of Setian Hyperspacy Gwynnies x4. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-12-2011, 11:33 PM

Hey girly that just ain't true. I took some interest back when I first got here. I even looked into it a tiny bit before I lost focus and saw a shiny object that drew me to it. Since then I have looked back into all sorts of things. You people talk about so many interesting things that my head sometimes has a hard time keeping up with all of the research I have to do. My brain sort of functions like a long forum thread, getting off topic at the briefest mention of something else I'm either aware of or slightly interested in.
Bio centrism is an interesting concept and I'd like to delve deeper into this rabbit hole with you. Give me a couple of days to get my shit together and do some more reading and I'll try and blow your fucking mind. Though I still owe erx some shredding vids too.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2011, 11:40 PM
I don't even know what the fuck biocentrism is, and I'm too lazy to look it up. What is it?

Note: I just noticed your handy link, and yes, I looked it up. It looks like a belief in The Matrix.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
15-12-2011, 06:43 PM
(14-12-2011 11:33 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Hey girly that just ain't true. I took some interest back when I first got here.

Yeah, I remember lucradis, that's why I qualified it with "almost".

(14-12-2011 11:33 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Bio centrism is an interesting concept and I'd like to delve deeper into this rabbit hole with you.

Could you bring a flashlight? I didn't realize I'd need one and now I can't find my way back out.

(14-12-2011 11:33 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Give me a couple of days to get my shit together and do some more reading and I'll try and blow your fucking mind. Though I still owe erx some shredding vids too.

Do me a favor and give me a couple of posts warning so I can properly prepare my mind for the blowing. Wink

(14-12-2011 11:40 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Note: I just noticed your handy link, and yes, I looked it up. It looks like a belief in The Matrix.

Except for the part about us creating reality instead of it being fed to us by computer algorithms feeding off of us for power.

15-12-2011, 08:05 PM
I'd never heard of biocentrism before, but from what I read on the Wikipedia page it sounds exactly like a theory I've had for a while: That maybe just the possibility of a universe in which a living consciousness could organize itself naturally actually causes the existence of that universe... I wouldn't say I actually "believe" it, but it's definitely a really interesting idea worthy of looking into. Tongue

Wow, only here for 1 day and I already learn something new! Cool
[+] 2 users Like Ben's post
15-12-2011, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2011 08:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-12-2011 08:05 PM)Ben Wrote:  I'd never heard of biocentrism before, but from what I read on the Wikipedia page it sounds exactly like a theory I've had for a while: That maybe just the possibility of a universe in which a living consciousness could organize itself naturally actually causes the existence of that universe... I wouldn't say I actually "believe" it, but it's definitely a really interesting idea worthy of looking into. Tongue

Yeah, I don't "believe" it either Ben, and there's not enough evidence yet to even start to buy into it. But, like you, I got this gut feeling gnawing at me that this is what I've always seen, felt, and thought and that gut feeling alone is enough for me to pay more attention to it.

15-12-2011, 09:08 PM
I've just been dipping into some pages on the theory and to be honest I don't think there is anyway it isn't true. To an extent.

I firmly believe that everything we see is just perception and not the way things actually are. On a macroscopic level everything looks differently and functions differently so why wouldn't it be true? They say animals see things differently than us and each other that they perceive the world very differently. Everything is matter. I bet if we ever discover the ability to see smaller matter will just be another layer. Everything is bigger and smaller than something else. It seems to be a universal constant.

It's interesting to think that we create everything. I'd had that premonition in highschool, in the middle of an acid trip. It stuck with me and still tickles my mind to this day. To think there might be some fucker who discovers it boggles my mind. How do you not just instant discover it if we are in charge? But what if we can't grasp it yet so it doesn't happen? Or what if it's not the guy discovering it who is real at all.

Girlyman you is straight fucking with my mind. What drugs do you do to avoid the circle that this theory must undoubtedly create within your mind? I'm taking a break right now because otherwise I'll get thought stuck. But I'll be back after some more reading.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
15-12-2011, 09:33 PM
(15-12-2011 08:05 PM)Ben Wrote:  I'd never heard of biocentrism before, but from what I read on the Wikipedia page it sounds exactly like a theory I've had for a while: That maybe just the possibility of a universe in which a living consciousness could organize itself naturally actually causes the existence of that universe... I wouldn't say I actually "believe" it, but it's definitely a really interesting idea worthy of looking into. Tongue

No, that's just crazy talk.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-12-2011, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2011 09:53 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-12-2011 09:08 PM)lucradis Wrote:  What drugs do you do to avoid the circle that this theory must undoubtedly create within your mind?

It ain't circular if we is the Creator, brother. And then asking how we ultimately came to be is like asking how God came to be.

(15-12-2011 09:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  

No, that's just crazy talk.

Don't blame us mild-mannered atheists for the crazy talk, blame the goddam physicists.

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post