Upgrading the God Concept

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-12-2011, 05:51 PM
RE: Upgrading the God Concept
(22-12-2011 08:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-12-2011 08:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ––but the heart of it, collectively, is correct. On page 15 they say 'the animal observer creates reality and not the other way around.' That is the essence of the entire book, and that is factually correct. It is an elementary conclusion from quantum mechanics.

I think this is a common misunderstanding of quantum mechanics. The uncertainty principle applies at the particle level, not the macro level.
At the macro level, the uncertainties average out, or smear if you will, and we see a reality of predictability.

That sounds right, at the macro level it all smears into a massive joint probability distribution, just don't see how that is a misunderstanding. Doesn't seem inconsistent to me.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Yeh, well that all helped Huh
But I do understand what it means at the micro level. Well...I think I do Confused

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
23-12-2011, 10:30 PM
(23-12-2011 10:21 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  Yeh, well that all helped Huh
But I do understand what it means at the micro level. Well...I think I do Confused

Think I'm with you.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
24-12-2011, 06:39 AM
(22-12-2011 08:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-12-2011 08:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ––but the heart of it, collectively, is correct. On page 15 they say 'the animal observer creates reality and not the other way around.' That is the essence of the entire book, and that is factually correct. It is an elementary conclusion from quantum mechanics.

I think this is a common misunderstanding of quantum mechanics. The uncertainty principle applies at the particle level, not the macro level.
At the macro level, the uncertainties average out, or smear if you will, and we see a reality of predictability.

When the measurement problem is translated as observer effect, me and you actually agree. Wink

But I must consider Lanza and agenda, that biocentrism may be but a popularization of his philosophy. This is much less offensive than extrapolation of anthropic principle in my book. My naive philosophy of the decoherence model considers wave/particle duality a matter of threshold energies and superposition.

Superposition may be the Void where identity is simultaneously infinite and nothing. It seems it isn't my lot to do advanced mathematics but rather simple mathematics; like this past week's fun and games with division by zero. When 4 is divided by 0, the result is undefined. When this 4/0, I saw a countable infinity of imaginary number. All that we recognize as science begins as naive philosophy in the mind of the scientist, thus I have my identities in order.

Is there science coming out of this unit? Is the zero composed of imaginary number? Who knows; who cares? Questions are being asked, science is moving forward; and at least i'm thinking. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user