Urgent! Jennybee is leaving!
This needs to be stopped!

Please stay. Please.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
27-01-2017, 08:34 PM
RE: Urgent! Jennybee is leaving!
Quick! Everyone get some ropes and tie her feet together so she can't walk away! This is a crisis situation!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
27-01-2017, 08:39 PM
Seriously, don't know what's wrong, but if you're reading this, please, don't go. You bring so much compassion and kindness to the forum, and make everyone feel so welcome.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Shai Hulud's post
27-01-2017, 09:59 PM
Yes it'd be as bad as... well me leaving! What a horrid thought, I'm going to have nightmares now. Big Grin

I'd love to know what's going on?

My Blog
27-01-2017, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2017 10:09 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Is this serious?

I'll be pretty upset if true, so you'd best not be fucking with us.

Edit to Add: No, it's serious. Damnit. Sorry. And now I'm pretty upset. Sad

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
27-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Urgent! Jennybee is leaving!
(27-01-2017 10:02 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Is this serious?

I'll be pretty upset if true, so you'd best not be fucking with us.

Edit to Add: No, it's serious. Damnit. Sorry. And now I'm pretty upset. Sad

Read the what did you eat thread. I am not shitting you.
27-01-2017, 11:58 PM
From the "What did you eat today?" thread:

(27-01-2017 03:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I wasn't sure where to put this, so I decided to put it in here: My thread, the one I created to try and share vegan cooking ideas with other people, as well as a place where everyone regardless of food preferences could come and take part and have a place to chat about *all* things food.

I decided to leave the forum. Every once in awhile, a vegan/meat thread will pop up on here and after reading through it, reading some of the comments, I just really don't feel like I belong here. I think what bothers me most is that I never try to "convert" anyone to my way of thinking. In fact, I'm very supportive of everyone on here--even when it's choices I may not personally agree with. So, yeah, it kinda hurts when people have rude, nasty comments coupled with stereotypes for the way I choose to live my life, especially when I do nothing to solicit them. Anyway, I'm over it and there are no hard feelings, as I say I just don't think this is the right place for me. I wish you all the best that life has to offer. Take care.

I have no idea what conversation you’re referring to or which forum members made the nasty comments. But yeah…I can totally relate to your position on this. I never push my beliefs on anyone else, my beliefs don’t hurt me, and they don’t hurt anyone else, and yet there are some people who just can’t stand that I think differently than they do. It drives them nuts!

I’m convinced that this behavior is a throwback of their former Christian days when they spent time worrying about what other people did and thought. It was their job to sway them to their way of thinking and there was a real value placed on that effort. They don’t recognize that other people (self-actualized people) are perfectly content to pick their battles with others and respect them even if they disagree.

These people have essentially become the atheist versions of Fundamentalist Christians. They place undue emphasis on being right and possessing the One True Way™, because their upbringing teaches them that being right is the most important thing in the universe. If you’re right then you’re in good shape, but if you’re wrong then you’re not just incorrect, but you’re a bad, evil person who will be punished for all eternity. Some people just haven’t realized that this aspect of their thinking a) is foreign to everyone else’s way of thinking and b) comes from the Christianity that they have otherwise rejected.

In your case, the need to control other people’s thoughts and actions extends into diet and lifestyle.

It’s a sickness.

Don’t leave the forum just yet, though. These folks are in the minority, but if they’re rallying around and ganging up on you, then just recognize that they haven’t shed the “thought police” mentality of their Christian roots. Take a moment to feel bad for them; they’re broken inside. Then take a nice, big step back. Lurk in the shadows of the forum for a little while and just poke your head in and out of threads that are worth your while for the time being. Let these other people grumble and foam at the mouth and your “wrongness” and their “rightness.” It’ll blow over in a few days.

I’m pretty sure that most people can see this for what it is anyway and I would venture to guess that if things really got out of hand, your friends will have your back.
[+] 12 users Like Aliza's post
28-01-2017, 12:10 AM
So this was kind of a food fight? I'm not a foodie so I don't care what people eat and hardly ever visit the food threads.

I hope Jennybee comes back. Sadcryface I enjoy her posts. I thought maybe things were getting a little too political and she didn't want to participate and was getting bored.

Maybe if we start an alluring thread that she simply couldn't resist, maybe it would bring her back.

Idea By george, I think I have it!!!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
28-01-2017, 12:32 AM
To Jenny,

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
28-01-2017, 01:11 AM
(27-01-2017 11:58 PM)Aliza Wrote:  In your case, the need to control other people’s thoughts and actions extends into diet and lifestyle.

It’s a sickness.

I'm not going to read what has been said about this by others in the past, because I already know from experience that people believe they have the right to decide what is right and wrong with diet without consideration of the evidence.

For Jennybee's case let's look at a different application of her position. She does not like the texture or taste of meat. My 30 year old brother does not like the texture or taste of vegetables, and yes he never eats them. Well let's just say he eats very little vegetables or fruit in his daily diet. You can't reason with or expect my brother to eat something he genuinely dislikes, even if we know it's good for him.

My Blog
[+] 2 users Like Aractus's post