Urgent! Jennybee is leaving!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2017, 10:54 AM
RE: Urgent! Jennybee is leaving!
(30-01-2017 10:01 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Facepalm I'm lost for words. No

Those who lose their own words, I often find it, that words are also lost on.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2017, 10:59 AM
(30-01-2017 10:54 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 10:01 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Facepalm I'm lost for words. No

Those who lose their own words, I often find it, that words are also lost on.

Yours certainlyRolleyes
30-01-2017, 11:03 AM
I got what you were trying to say, CW and I appreciate it.
30-01-2017, 11:32 AM
(30-01-2017 11:03 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I got what you were trying to say, CW and I appreciate it.

wallowing in misery only tires the spirit. Get on dry land take off your clothes drenched in emotion and lay on the ground, the rain might fall on you, but it will roll off your skin.
[+] 1 user Likes Celestial_Wonder's post
30-01-2017, 11:39 AM
(30-01-2017 11:32 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 11:03 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I got what you were trying to say, CW and I appreciate it.

wallowing in misery only tires the spirit. Get on dry land take off your clothes drenched in emotion and lay on the ground, the rain might fall on you, but it will roll off your skin.

Beautifully said Thumbsup
30-01-2017, 11:42 AM
(30-01-2017 09:20 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 08:28 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I know you understand, possibly more than anyone on here, what it feels like to be treated rudely on here for your lifestyle choices, when you are doing nothing but simply existing. To me, treating people like that is bullying behavior.

Like I mentioned to RS, this wasn't the first time, the first thread, etc. This has also happened to me in random threads. I've just had enough. I'm fine with constructive debates on veganism. For example, I just read the meat thread and Dom's last post (while I'm not going to respond to it because I'm done with that thread) is an example of a constructive debate, someone I would be more than willing to discuss things further with. I'm totally up for that. Stereotypes and nastiness, that I'm not okay with.

Do you expect the mean spirited to do things that are not mean jennybee? Do you expect a bully not to bully others? They will do so for it is in their nature, which nature has endowed them with.

Why then let such trivial banter? For there is nothing you can do to change their nature, and you should not let their mere words change your disposition. Why let what they say make you miserable? Especially when you are the one in full control of how you react to their nastiness? You should not huff and pout at how unfair others are treating you. Rather you should focus on what is in your nature, the goal you have set for yourself in life is right in front of you.

Do not let those standing at the side who bray like an ass get in the way of your goal. For you should walk right past them, and the distance should grow so great between you that their braying trails into oblivion and you can no longer hear them, and soon so shall the thoughts that they even brayed at you be swept into oblivion and the end of your journey is upon you.

You can run from the people on this forum. but wherever you go jennybee. There will always be those who bray like asses.

This is all super easy to say when you are not a target. When you aren't the one who is dismissed constantly. When you aren't the one who is repeatedly patronized by others who think they know better. Sometimes who think they know you better than they know yourself!

When someone is hurting, the answer is not to blame them for their pain. It's not to shame them for their reaction. For fucks sake, what are you about? Regardless of how true or untrue some of your words may be, have some fucking sympathy. Angry

Christ!
[+] 4 users Like Emma's post
30-01-2017, 11:50 AM
(30-01-2017 11:42 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 09:20 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Do you expect the mean spirited to do things that are not mean jennybee? Do you expect a bully not to bully others? They will do so for it is in their nature, which nature has endowed them with.

Why then let such trivial banter? For there is nothing you can do to change their nature, and you should not let their mere words change your disposition. Why let what they say make you miserable? Especially when you are the one in full control of how you react to their nastiness? You should not huff and pout at how unfair others are treating you. Rather you should focus on what is in your nature, the goal you have set for yourself in life is right in front of you.

Do not let those standing at the side who bray like an ass get in the way of your goal. For you should walk right past them, and the distance should grow so great between you that their braying trails into oblivion and you can no longer hear them, and soon so shall the thoughts that they even brayed at you be swept into oblivion and the end of your journey is upon you.

You can run from the people on this forum. but wherever you go jennybee. There will always be those who bray like asses.

This is all super easy to say when you are not a target. When you aren't the one who is dismissed constantly. When you aren't the one who is repeatedly patronized by others who think they know better. Sometimes who think they know you better than they know yourself!

Clearly you have not been following the thread I made dealing with tangible and intangible concepts.

Quote:When someone is hurting, the answer is not to blame them for their pain. It's not to shame them for their reaction. For fucks sake, what are you about? Regardless of how true or untrue some of your words may be, have some fucking sympathy. Angry

Christ!

My dear, it is called giving someone a pep talk, and arming them with a shield so that it will be harder for others to do them harm in the future.
30-01-2017, 11:55 AM
(30-01-2017 11:42 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 09:20 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Do you expect the mean spirited to do things that are not mean jennybee? Do you expect a bully not to bully others? They will do so for it is in their nature, which nature has endowed them with.

When someone is hurting, the answer is not to blame them for their pain. It's not to shame them for their reaction. For fucks sake, what are you about? Regardless of how true or untrue some of your words may be, have some fucking sympathy. Angry

Christ!

I hear what you are saying, but I took it to mean: Don't waste your time on jerks. Jerks are always going to be there. You can only choose your reaction to things/how things effect you. You have no control over anyone else.

But I hear what you are saying, when you are hurt it's hard to immediately redirect yourself and act like nothing happened. But the value to what CW said is that if you take any of it to heart, you wasted time on a jerk--so don't bother. Go out and do you, focus on amazing things, on your own path, put your energies there.

It's actually quite yoga-ey what he/she said, maybe that's why I liked it Smile
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
30-01-2017, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2017 12:08 PM by Celestial_Wonder.)
(30-01-2017 11:55 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 11:42 AM)kineo Wrote:  This is all super easy to say when you are not a target. When you aren't the one who is dismissed constantly. When you aren't the one who is repeatedly patronized by others who think they know better. Sometimes who think they know you better than they know yourself!

Christ!

I hear what you are saying, but I took it to mean: Don't waste your time on jerks. Jerks are always going to be there. You can only choose your reaction to things/how things effect you. You have no control over anyone else.

But I hear what you are saying, when you are hurt it's hard to immediately redirect yourself and act like nothing happened. But the value to what CW said is that if you take any of it to heart, you wasted time on a jerk--so don't bother. Go out and do you, focus on amazing things, on your own path, put your energies there.

They are the words of the man I would call my mentor, my teacher... perhaps even my 'master'.

Although not exactly in the way that I said them, but the same concept. Also you interpreted it spot on.
[+] 1 user Likes Celestial_Wonder's post
30-01-2017, 12:13 PM
(30-01-2017 11:55 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 11:42 AM)kineo Wrote:  This is all super easy to say when you are not a target. When you aren't the one who is dismissed constantly. When you aren't the one who is repeatedly patronized by others who think they know better. Sometimes who think they know you better than they know yourself!

Christ!

That's fair enough. I'm sorry for my overreaction, CW. It just makes me angry that people tend to dismiss people who've been hurt by telling them to ignore it and move on. I tend to resent that approach because it doesn't make things stop in the long run.

You can ignore a bully and it takes their power away. But then they redirect their bullying to someone else even more vulnerable. You might be healthier yourself, but the bully is still bullying someone.

That doesn't strike me as very compassionate in the long run. Maybe I'm wrong in that.

Regardless, my apologies, CW, for getting upset.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post