Urgent! Jennybee is leaving!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2017, 12:14 PM
RE: Urgent! Jennybee is leaving!
(30-01-2017 11:50 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 11:42 AM)kineo Wrote:  This is all super easy to say when you are not a target. When you aren't the one who is dismissed constantly. When you aren't the one who is repeatedly patronized by others who think they know better. Sometimes who think they know you better than they know yourself!

Clearly you have not been following the thread I made dealing with tangible and intangible concepts.

No, I have not seen this thread.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2017, 12:23 PM
(30-01-2017 12:14 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 11:50 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Clearly you have not been following the thread I made dealing with tangible and intangible concepts.

No, I have not seen this thread.

Mate seriously don't even go there facepalm city
30-01-2017, 12:27 PM
I like that he responds to a woman who's tired of being patronized by starting with the words, "My dear..."

Facepalm

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
30-01-2017, 12:30 PM
(30-01-2017 12:13 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 11:55 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I hear what you are saying, but I took it to mean: Don't waste your time on jerks. Jerks are always going to be there. You can only choose your reaction to things/how things effect you. You have no control over anyone else.

But I hear what you are saying, when you are hurt it's hard to immediately redirect yourself and act like nothing happened. But the value to what CW said is that if you take any of it to heart, you wasted time on a jerk--so don't bother. Go out and do you, focus on amazing things, on your own path, put your energies there.

It's actually quite yoga-ey what he/she said, maybe that's why I liked it Smile

That's fair enough. I'm sorry for my overreaction, CW. It just makes me angry that people tend to dismiss people who've been hurt by telling them to ignore it and move on. I tend to resent that approach because it doesn't make things stop in the long run.

You can ignore a bully and it takes their power away. But then they redirect their bullying to someone else even more vulnerable. You might be healthier yourself, but the bully is still bullying someone.

That doesn't strike me as very compassionate in the long run. Maybe I'm wrong in that.

Regardless, my apologies, CW, for getting upset.

We all have our own way of dealing with what may come in life.

In my eyes, the storm we journey through never ends, the rain will not stop even if one cloud passes by it is soon filled in with another. The best thing we can do then, is share our umbrella with others.

There is also nothing to forgive Kineo, for no transgression occurred towards me.

(30-01-2017 12:14 PM)kineo Wrote:  No, I have not seen this thread.

Its probably best that you do not. For there is nothing to witness there other than my failure and perhaps my insanity.

(30-01-2017 12:27 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I like that he responds to a woman who's tired of being patronized by starting with the words, "My dear..."

Facepalm

Would you have preferred that I called her honey buns?
30-01-2017, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2017 12:39 PM by jennybee.)
(30-01-2017 12:13 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 11:55 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I hear what you are saying, but I took it to mean: Don't waste your time on jerks. Jerks are always going to be there. You can only choose your reaction to things/how things effect you. You have no control over anyone else.

But I hear what you are saying, when you are hurt it's hard to immediately redirect yourself and act like nothing happened. But the value to what CW said is that if you take any of it to heart, you wasted time on a jerk--so don't bother. Go out and do you, focus on amazing things, on your own path, put your energies there.

It's actually quite yoga-ey what he/she said, maybe that's why I liked it Smile

That's fair enough. I'm sorry for my overreaction, CW. It just makes me angry that people tend to dismiss people who've been hurt by telling them to ignore it and move on. I tend to resent that approach because it doesn't make things stop in the long run.

You can ignore a bully and it takes their power away. But then they redirect their bullying to someone else even more vulnerable. You might be healthier yourself, but the bully is still bullying someone.

That doesn't strike me as very compassionate in the long run. Maybe I'm wrong in that.

Regardless, my apologies, CW, for getting upset.

I think bullies are sad people. I think they are quite miserable actually. I think the only way they feel good about themselves is to *try* and make someone else feel bad about themselves.

What happens if you move on, ignoring them, and the bully goes after someone else more vulnerable in the future? While I'm not a religious person, I do believe in karma--only in the natural sense--in that if you are a constant prick to people, it eventually catches up to you.

In the meantime, I imagine, a bully must live in constant state of self-hatred and that is why they need to take their issues out on other people. And I do believe with these types of people, whether you say something to them or not, because they are so miserable, they're just going to bully someone else again in the future anyway.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
30-01-2017, 12:38 PM
CW didn't mean harm and jenny didn't take it that way, why do we have to keep arguing over nothing.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
30-01-2017, 12:40 PM
(30-01-2017 12:38 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  CW didn't mean harm and jenny didn't take it that way, why do we have to keep arguing over nothing.

Good point lifes to short for spits and spats sorry CW
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
30-01-2017, 12:44 PM
(30-01-2017 12:38 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  CW didn't mean harm and jenny didn't take it that way, why do we have to keep arguing over nothing.

I think we're done arguing. The fault was mine and I've apologized.
30-01-2017, 12:46 PM
(30-01-2017 12:44 PM)kineo Wrote:  

I think we're done arguing. The fault was mine and I've apologized.

Those who have a tendency to argue, often forget what a pleasant discourse looks like.
30-01-2017, 01:13 PM
(30-01-2017 12:46 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 12:44 PM)kineo Wrote:  I think we're done arguing. The fault was mine and I've apologized.

Those who have a tendency to argue, often forget what a pleasant discourse looks like.

Apologies for my rudeness once again CW you didn't deserve my attack on you.