Urgent! Jennybee is leaving!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2017, 02:49 PM
RE: Urgent! Jennybee is leaving!
(30-01-2017 02:33 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 02:27 PM)jennybee Wrote:  The reason I tell people I am leaving or taking a break or what have you is because in the past, when I have simply left the forum, I have had several members worry about me (including someone posting a thread saying they were worried about me). I don't like anyone to worry or feel bad or anything--that is just my nature--so I inform them I am leaving as opposed to just abruptly leaving. I would hope they would do the same for me. It is an online forum, but people make positive connections here with other people and do care if there is an absence--especially an abrupt one. For me, it's not as simple as pming 5 people at once(the limit in pm's)--because my buddy list is quite large and i would have to pm several times over the same message. Much easier to make a thread. Thumbsup

Hint hint, that limit becomes 15 if you donate.

Yes, I think you can become red if you buy something from the TTA shop as well. There's a cool bracelet on there that I like.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2017, 02:51 PM
(30-01-2017 02:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 02:33 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Hint hint, that limit becomes 15 if you donate.

Yes, I think you can become red if you buy something from the TTA shop as well. There's a cool bracelet on there that I like.

Or just donate, I didn't buy anything, I just donated leftover Christmas money and some Birthday money.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
30-01-2017, 03:01 PM
(30-01-2017 01:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 01:34 PM)SYZ Wrote:  

I'm not sure that making any of those points explicit is particularly productive. It's not like your sharing something everyone doesn't already know.

So are you suggesting I shouldn't be stating my opinion in an open and frank manner here in one single post? And do you seriously believe your multiple comments on this thread are somehow more "productive"..... whatever that means?

I'd probably prefer your responses to my individual comments, rather than an irrelevant, thinly-veiled attack on my posting rights. Ad hominems are the last resort of someone with nothing to say LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
30-01-2017, 03:07 PM
(30-01-2017 02:51 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 02:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Yes, I think you can become red if you buy something from the TTA shop as well. There's a cool bracelet on there that I like.

Or just donate, I didn't buy anything, I just donated leftover Christmas money and some Birthday money.

I just meant buying something from the shop also helps support TTA.
30-01-2017, 03:09 PM
(30-01-2017 03:07 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 02:51 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Or just donate, I didn't buy anything, I just donated leftover Christmas money and some Birthday money.

I just meant buying something from the shop also helps support TTA.

It does Smile

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
30-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Jenny,

I'm sorry to hear about this and I hope you don't leave permanently. Sad You add a lot to these forums. You mentioned feeling like you don't belong here when some people treat you with rudeness and stereotyping relating to your vegan lifestyle choice. I can certainly understand why that would be offensive and why it would detract from your overall experience here. I have never gone into the food thread myself or taken part in the discussions there, so I don't know what has been said or how it has been said. But, given that the vast majority of people here (at least the regulars) seem to be openly accepting of almost any lifestyle choice, my guess is it's a small number of people who are treating you this way. My suggestion is to take a break if you need to or maybe even avoid (temporarily or permanently) just the threads where the offenses are happening. Whatever you decide, you certainly do belong here so I hope you decide to stick around. Yes

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
30-01-2017, 03:51 PM
(30-01-2017 01:34 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Okay... I've just noticed this thread, and have taken the time to read through it all, and followed up on the allegedly insulting/inflammatory/improper/patronising comments made by others about the subject member. [...]

(30-01-2017 02:22 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Point 1 , incorrect I know of at least one person who posted they were leaving and then actually did.

I did say "any" forum; meaning not specifically this one.

Quote:Point 2, no comment idk

It happens all over the interwebs.

Quote:Point 3 this persons positive and compassionate contributions to TTA render the responses more than valid.

I did say as per "elsewhere" and "often", meaning it wasn't unique to this forum or necessarily applicable to the subject member. Or are you maybe suggesting the subject member's comments have more "validity" than other people's? And therefore deserve more focussed, positive attention or debate?

Quote:Point 4 I agree entirely.
No worries there.

Quote:Point 5 Someone cared enough and was moved enough to post a thread of support and kindness, that's not a bad thing at all.

My intent was to question exactly why another member (rather than the subject member) posted what could've been construed as private and personal information about a third party—with no confirming attribution for their comment. For all we knew, the OP may have been totally out of order and/or an invasion of a member's privacy. One can only assume that the OP's first post was as a result of a PM between the two members? And the germane content of any/all PMs is considered private and not to be divulged on forums is it not?

The OP may have been better worded as "A member of our forum has let me know that he/she has become disquieted and overly distressed by repeated and unwarranted personal attacks on this forum, and is considering leaving because of this. They have asked me to initiate some discussion, both about their decision, and also the nature and ongoing effects of personal attacks."

Note that the OP should've probably not mentioned the member's name, as this immediately skews the responses.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
30-01-2017, 03:56 PM
(30-01-2017 03:51 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 01:34 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Okay... I've just noticed this thread, and have taken the time to read through it all, and followed up on the allegedly insulting/inflammatory/improper/patronising comments made by others about the subject member. [...]

(30-01-2017 02:22 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Point 1 , incorrect I know of at least one person who posted they were leaving and then actually did.

I did say "any" forum; meaning not specifically this one.

Quote:Point 2, no comment idk

It happens all over the interwebs.

Quote:Point 3 this persons positive and compassionate contributions to TTA render the responses more than valid.

I did say as per "elsewhere" and "often", meaning it wasn't unique to this forum or necessarily applicable to the subject member. Or are you maybe suggesting the subject member's comments have more "validity" than other people's? And therefore deserve more focussed, positive attention or debate?

Quote:Point 4 I agree entirely.
No worries there.

Quote:Point 5 Someone cared enough and was moved enough to post a thread of support and kindness, that's not a bad thing at all.

My intent was to question exactly why another member (rather than the subject member) posted what could've been construed as private and personal information about a third party—with no confirming attribution for their comment. For all we knew, the OP may have been totally out of order and/or an invasion of a member's privacy. One can only assume that the OP's first post was as a result of a PM between the two members? And the germane content of any/all PMs is considered private and not to be divulged on forums is it not?

The OP may have been better worded as "A member of our forum has let me know that he/she has become disquieted and overly distressed by repeated and unwarranted personal attacks on this forum, and is considering leaving because of this. They have asked me to initiate some discussion, both about their decision, and also the nature and ongoing effects of personal attacks."

Note that the OP should've probably not mentioned the member's name, as this immediately skews the responses.

KUSA is a friend of mine so I loved the thread and it meant a lot to me that he would take the time to do this when he knew I was upset. I posted something public in my Food thread that I was going to be leaving the forum. He then made this thread to try and sway me back. Smile I wasn't offended or upset about it in the least.
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
30-01-2017, 03:59 PM
Point five, the person concerned publicly voiced distress and an intention to leave, the thread was created as a response to that public post and was I believe done in good faith and for good reasons. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
30-01-2017, 04:03 PM
Damn it jenny you beat me to it Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post