Urgent! Jennybee is leaving!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2017, 08:46 AM
RE: Urgent! Jennybee is leaving!
(27-01-2017 08:27 PM)KUSA Wrote:  This needs to be stopped!

Please stay. Please.

Thanks for the thread Hug

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
28-01-2017, 08:48 AM
skyking Wrote:Hard to quantify it all, but between your irreverence, penchant for finding funny pictures and starting funny threads, respect for all, knowledge of food and desire to share it, empathy for others and kind words, you represent the best this place has to offer all rolled up in one.

I concur, sir. IMO, Jennybee is a valued, respected, and influential member. In addition, the posts made in this thread by other TTA members is direct evidence of the fact that people care about her and value what she has to say and offer.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
[+] 3 users Like Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
28-01-2017, 08:54 AM
(28-01-2017 08:38 AM)skyking Wrote:  Knee jerkiness is the problem. it is mostly just jerkiness. People assume quite wrongly that you are somehow this militant vegan goddess, and they are so far from the truth there. They knee jerk out their response to this imagined threat ( some really vivid imagination to talk to you and get to that !!!) and type out some shitty response. If this is it, Jenny, just know I respect you and your choices, value your input and indeed will miss you greatly.
Hard to quantify it all, but between your irreverence, penchant for finding funny pictures and starting funny threads, respect for all, knowledge of food and desire to share it, empathy for others and kind words, you represent the best this place has to offer all rolled up in one.

I don't think they assume I'm a militant vegan. I think they just have a problem with vegans for some reason and somehow feel the need to put that on me.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
28-01-2017, 08:56 AM
(28-01-2017 01:11 AM)Aractus Wrote:  My 30 year old brother does not like the texture or taste of vegetables, and yes he never eats them. Well let's just say he eats very little vegetables or fruit in his daily diet. You can't reason with or expect my brother to eat something he genuinely dislikes, even if we know it's good for him.

I'll leave it to his gut ecosystem to reason with him. They'll let him know soon enough. "Hey Dude! We're gonna need a little microbial help here if you want us to keep decomposing these hard turds you keep throwing at us. Throw us some fiber for God's sake or you're gonna be lucky if you shit once a week.."

Oh, and why are we talking about diets?

#sigh
28-01-2017, 09:04 AM
(28-01-2017 08:28 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Like I mentioned to RS, this wasn't the first time, the first thread, etc. This has also happened to me in random threads. I've just had enough. I'm fine with constructive debates on veganism. For example, I just read the meat thread and Dom's last post (while I'm not going to respond to it because I'm done with that thread) is an example of a constructive debate, someone I would be more than willing to discuss things further with. I'm totally up for that. Stereotypes and nastiness, that I'm not okay with.

That's the thing, stereotypes.

I see a lot of that, out there and in here, too. I think your food thread was a great success, just look at the size of it.

It's not about agreeing on things, it's about respect. I respect your choice as you have respected mine. That's how things should be, that is how you end up having fruitful discussions.

This forum is for THINKING atheists, not attacking ones.

That said, I haven't even read yet what upset you. Just going by this thread here for now.

I don't think our food choices define us as people. We should all be able to eat what makes us feel good . I also think that our food choices are partially dictated by our specific DNA, our bodies are not all the same and different people are going to be naturally drawn to or repulsed by different foods.

Just carry on as before Jenny. You know we love you here, and you know you want to.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
28-01-2017, 09:19 AM
(28-01-2017 09:04 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 08:28 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Like I mentioned to RS, this wasn't the first time, the first thread, etc. This has also happened to me in random threads. I've just had enough. I'm fine with constructive debates on veganism. For example, I just read the meat thread and Dom's last post (while I'm not going to respond to it because I'm done with that thread) is an example of a constructive debate, someone I would be more than willing to discuss things further with. I'm totally up for that. Stereotypes and nastiness, that I'm not okay with.

That's the thing, stereotypes.

I see a lot of that, out there and in here, too. I think your food thread was a great success, just look at the size of it.

It's not about agreeing on things, it's about respect. I respect your choice as you have respected mine. That's how things should be, that is how you end up having fruitful discussions.

This forum is for THINKING atheists, not attacking ones.

That said, I haven't even read yet what upset you. Just going by this thread here for now.

I don't think our food choices define us as people. We should all be able to eat what makes us feel good . I also think that our food choices are partially dictated by our specific DNA, our bodies are not all the same and different people are going to be naturally drawn to or repulsed by different foods.

Just carry on as before Jenny. You know we love you here, and you know you want to.

Thank you Heart

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-01-2017, 09:21 AM
[Image: 3d2412f0f90b36541df018872d6d6d5d8a51fb4a...265444.jpg]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
28-01-2017, 09:22 AM
(28-01-2017 09:21 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  [Image: 3d2412f0f90b36541df018872d6d6d5d8a51fb4a...265444.jpg]

She has to leave to come back which she isn't Evil_monster

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
28-01-2017, 09:28 AM
Sadcryface

Jenny....Come Back!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
28-01-2017, 09:33 AM
(28-01-2017 08:54 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 08:38 AM)skyking Wrote:  Knee jerkiness is the problem. it is mostly just jerkiness. People assume quite wrongly that you are somehow this militant vegan goddess, and they are so far from the truth there. They knee jerk out their response to this imagined threat ( some really vivid imagination to talk to you and get to that !!!) and type out some shitty response. If this is it, Jenny, just know I respect you and your choices, value your input and indeed will miss you greatly.
Hard to quantify it all, but between your irreverence, penchant for finding funny pictures and starting funny threads, respect for all, knowledge of food and desire to share it, empathy for others and kind words, you represent the best this place has to offer all rolled up in one.

I don't think they assume I'm a militant vegan. I think they just have a problem with vegans for some reason and somehow feel the need to put that on me.

If they make such an assumption - it must be because they showed up last week...

You've always struck me as one of the vegans that does it - just cuz YOU like it...

You've never tried telling everyone else what to do -- -the definition of a militant vegan...............

That just makes you the lovable girl who lets us eat the last hamburger....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post