Urgent! Jennybee is leaving!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2017, 09:43 AM
RE: Urgent! Jennybee is leaving!
I don't understand why anyone would care what other people eat. It's just food.

Jennybee could be eating shit on a roof shingle and I still wouldn't care. Laugh out load

She's a really decent, well mannered, funny.....(VERY funny) person. She's not a hypocrite and she's got a killer sense of Irish humor. Laughat So what's not to like?

Jennybee? We all think you're the best! Big Grin

Heart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like dancefortwo's post
28-01-2017, 09:46 AM
(28-01-2017 09:22 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 09:21 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  [Image: 3d2412f0f90b36541df018872d6d6d5d8a51fb4a...265444.jpg]

She has to leave to come back which she isn't Evil_monster

The only people that leave this forum are the kind that don't connect anyone. I'm semi-connected, so I come and go as I please. People who do connect well with people do eventually return at some point or another.

Even fucking Egor came back at one point. That says a lot.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
28-01-2017, 09:54 AM
(28-01-2017 09:28 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Sadcryface

Jenny....Come Back!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
28-01-2017, 10:41 AM
(27-01-2017 03:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I wasn't sure where to put this, so I decided to put it in here: My thread, the one I created to try and share vegan cooking ideas with other people, as well as a place where everyone regardless of food preferences could come and take part and have a place to chat about *all* things food.

I decided to leave the forum. Every once in awhile, a vegan/meat thread will pop up on here and after reading through it, reading some of the comments, I just really don't feel like I belong here. I think what bothers me most is that I never try to "convert" anyone to my way of thinking. In fact, I'm very supportive of everyone on here--even when it's choices I may not personally agree with. So, yeah, it kinda hurts when people have rude, nasty comments coupled with stereotypes for the way I choose to live my life, especially when I do nothing to solicit them. Anyway, I'm over it and there are no hard feelings, as I say I just don't think this is the right place for me. I wish you all the best that life has to offer. Take care.

I hope she stays. In my short time here I've found her to be funny, incisive and intelligent. That said, if she feels her time here is done for whatever reason, then so be it.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
28-01-2017, 10:53 AM
(28-01-2017 10:41 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 03:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I wasn't sure where to put this, so I decided to put it in here: My thread, the one I created to try and share vegan cooking ideas with other people, as well as a place where everyone regardless of food preferences could come and take part and have a place to chat about *all* things food.

I decided to leave the forum. Every once in awhile, a vegan/meat thread will pop up on here and after reading through it, reading some of the comments, I just really don't feel like I belong here. I think what bothers me most is that I never try to "convert" anyone to my way of thinking. In fact, I'm very supportive of everyone on here--even when it's choices I may not personally agree with. So, yeah, it kinda hurts when people have rude, nasty comments coupled with stereotypes for the way I choose to live my life, especially when I do nothing to solicit them. Anyway, I'm over it and there are no hard feelings, as I say I just don't think this is the right place for me. I wish you all the best that life has to offer. Take care.

I hope she stays. In my short time here I've found her to be funny, incisive and intelligent. That said, if she feels her time here is done for whatever reason, then so be it.

Yeah, but she's not considering leaving because she doesn't have the time or anything like that. She wants to leave because someone was mean to her. That shows unacceptable behavior from whoever did that and we can call out the bad behavior and choose our friend over this other person's intolerance.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
28-01-2017, 11:42 AM
(28-01-2017 10:53 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 10:41 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I hope she stays. In my short time here I've found her to be funny, incisive and intelligent. That said, if she feels her time here is done for whatever reason, then so be it.

Yeah, but she's not considering leaving because she doesn't have the time or anything like that. She wants to leave because someone was mean to her. That shows unacceptable behavior from whoever did that and we can call out the bad behavior and choose our friend over this other person's intolerance.

Like I've said before, I'm better educated now and now I know it wasn't me that caused her major distress I'm totally up for being more mindful and supportive and I'll bet so are many others Jenny is a kind lady an asset to the forum and a person who enriches peoples lives it would be a huge .... No a mammoth loss if she was to go.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
28-01-2017, 11:52 AM
(28-01-2017 11:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 10:53 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Yeah, but she's not considering leaving because she doesn't have the time or anything like that. She wants to leave because someone was mean to her. That shows unacceptable behavior from whoever did that and we can call out the bad behavior and choose our friend over this other person's intolerance.

Like I've said before, I'm better educated now and now I know it wasn't me that caused her major distress I'm totally up for being more mindful and supportive and I'll bet so are many others Jenny is a kind lady an asset to the forum and a person who enriches peoples lives it would be a huge .... No a mammoth loss if she was to go.

I briefly browsed through a meat thread but I'm trying not to jump to conclusions about the offending party/parties. I'm not even sure that thread was the primary driving force. Maybe there's more stuff out there.

For fuck's sake, when it's some troll that spouts their mouth off and presents themselves as a delicious chew toy, have at 'em. When it's an established, respected member of the forum that you're not seeing eye to eye with, agree to disagree and shut your stupid mouth.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
28-01-2017, 12:13 PM
(28-01-2017 11:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 11:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Like I've said before, I'm better educated now and now I know it wasn't me that caused her major distress I'm totally up for being more mindful and supportive and I'll bet so are many others Jenny is a kind lady an asset to the forum and a person who enriches peoples lives it would be a huge .... No a mammoth loss if she was to go.

I briefly browsed through a meat thread but I'm trying not to jump to conclusions about the offending party/parties. I'm not even sure that thread was the primary driving force. Maybe there's more stuff out there.

For fuck's sake, when it's some troll that spouts their mouth off and presents themselves as a delicious chew toy, have at 'em. When it's an established, respected member of the forum that you're not seeing eye to eye with, agree to disagree and shut your stupid mouth.
To be fair idk if it was me that caused jenny her distress, she said no and I believe her I've always been at pains to respect a persons lifestyle choices my comments were aimed at the extreme fringes of veganism, Jenny is about as far from an extremist vegan as its possible to get, so if it was me that caused her such distress it was totally unintentional. If it was me then I'm deeply sorrowful and it should be me who should leave, if that is the general consensus of opinion I will do so immediately.
28-01-2017, 12:15 PM
(28-01-2017 12:13 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 11:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I briefly browsed through a meat thread but I'm trying not to jump to conclusions about the offending party/parties. I'm not even sure that thread was the primary driving force. Maybe there's more stuff out there.

To be fair idk if it was me that caused jenny her distress, she said no and I believe her I've always been at pains to respect a persons lifestyle choices my comments were aimed at the extreme fringes of veganism, Jenny is about as far from an extremist vegan as its possible to get, so if it was me that caused her such distress it was totally unintentional. If it was me then I'm deeply sorrowful and it should be me who should leave, if that is the general consensus of opinion I will do so immediately.

Neither of you need to leave.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
28-01-2017, 12:26 PM
(28-01-2017 11:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 11:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Like I've said before, I'm better educated now and now I know it wasn't me that caused her major distress I'm totally up for being more mindful and supportive and I'll bet so are many others Jenny is a kind lady an asset to the forum and a person who enriches peoples lives it would be a huge .... No a mammoth loss if she was to go.

It was partly the meat thread along with many other meat/vegan threads that have cropped up over the years. And random threads where I've had a few less than nice comments and "out of the blue" attacks from some people about my veganism. This newest thread just brought back all of that with a few of the comments. I don't want to call anyone out because that's just not what I'm about.

Like I say what bothers me about all of it, is that I always try and treat people with respect on here and always try to be supportive of others on here (even if their lifestyles are different from my own). When I don't receive the same consideration in return, it does bother me. I also could understand if I came off as a jerky vegan, telling people what to do, etc., but I never ever do that. Like I say, I don't mind vegan debates and would like to take part in them, but once it goes into the putting someone down for their lifestyle choices direction, I simply have no time for something or someone like that.

I do thank all of you again for all of your comments and support Heart
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post