Urgent! Jennybee is leaving!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2017, 12:27 PM
RE: Urgent! Jennybee is leaving!
(28-01-2017 12:13 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 11:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I briefly browsed through a meat thread but I'm trying not to jump to conclusions about the offending party/parties. I'm not even sure that thread was the primary driving force. Maybe there's more stuff out there.

For fuck's sake, when it's some troll that spouts their mouth off and presents themselves as a delicious chew toy, have at 'em. When it's an established, respected member of the forum that you're not seeing eye to eye with, agree to disagree and shut your stupid mouth.
To be fair idk if it was me that caused jenny her distress, she said no and I believe her I've always been at pains to respect a persons lifestyle choices my comments were aimed at the extreme fringes of veganism, Jenny is about as far from an extremist vegan as its possible to get, so if it was me that caused her such distress it was totally unintentional. If it was me then I'm deeply sorrowful and it should be me who should leave, if that is the general consensus of opinion I will do so immediately.

No, nothing to do with you.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2017, 12:29 PM
Feel better, Jenny! Hugs for you! Sometimes people are just meanies or don't realize that what they're saying is hurtful. Don't go~!
[+] 1 user Likes AnaBunny's post
28-01-2017, 12:30 PM
(28-01-2017 11:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  For fuck's sake, when it's some troll that spouts their mouth off and presents themselves as a delicious chew toy, have at 'em. When it's an established, respected member of the forum that you're not seeing eye to eye with, agree to disagree and shut your stupid mouth.

I disagree. While I can not imagine arguing over food preferences I see no reason to agree to disagree being standard policy whenever some issue will appear.

Also being established member matters not - it's forum not some hierarchical society. There is also strange notion of "shutting your stupid mouth". Why assume that only one side is at fault?

I must say that your posts look worryingly to me with is advocating of playing nice with people who are here longer. Maybe I read you wrong but I object - no one gets a pass.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
28-01-2017, 12:33 PM
(28-01-2017 12:30 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 11:52 AM)Aliza Wrote:  For fuck's sake, when it's some troll that spouts their mouth off and presents themselves as a delicious chew toy, have at 'em. When it's an established, respected member of the forum that you're not seeing eye to eye with, agree to disagree and shut your stupid mouth.

I disagree. While I can not imagine arguing over food preferences I see no reason to agree to disagree being standard policy whenever some issue will appear.

Also being established member matters not - it's forum not some hierarchical society. There is also strange notion of "shutting your stupid mouth". Why assume that only one side is at fault?

I must say that your posts look worryingly to me with is advocating of playing nice with people who are here longer. Maybe I read you wrong but I object - no one gets a pass.

I read it to mean that if someone is a member here who we all know and get along with...why can't we debate each other nicely and with respect. It is possible to do that without attacking someone's lifestyle-- *particularly* if that person never gave you a reason to do that.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
28-01-2017, 12:33 PM
(28-01-2017 12:15 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 12:13 PM)adey67 Wrote:  To be fair idk if it was me that caused jenny her distress, she said no and I believe her I've always been at pains to respect a persons lifestyle choices my comments were aimed at the extreme fringes of veganism, Jenny is about as far from an extremist vegan as its possible to get, so if it was me that caused her such distress it was totally unintentional. If it was me then I'm deeply sorrowful and it should be me who should leave, if that is the general consensus of opinion I will do so immediately.

Neither of you need to leave.

Its difficult when you don't know for sure what or who has caused such upset all I did was comment on the new polymer five pound note,it fucks with your head and personally I don't need that right now as im awaiting biopsy results, so I'm considering taking a lurking sabbatical to revaluate my position.
28-01-2017, 12:36 PM
(28-01-2017 12:33 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 12:15 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Neither of you need to leave.

Its difficult when you don't know for sure what or who has caused such upset all I did was comment on the new polymer five pound note,it fucks with your head and personally I don't need that right now as im awaiting biopsy results, so I'm considering taking a lurking sabbatical to revaluate my position.

I don't know how else to say it has nothing to do with you. Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
Jenny, I don't know if I had any part in your decision. If so, please point out to me where I caused insult or hurt so I can apologize/clarify.

The forum is better with you here than with you gone.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
(28-01-2017 12:33 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 12:15 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Neither of you need to leave.

Trust me, from someone who has suffered from Depression their entire life, I know how it is. We do not want you to feel bad because you didn't do anything so do whatever you need to feel better because we just want the best for you. Just try your best not to be too hard on yourself ok?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
28-01-2017, 12:37 PM
(28-01-2017 12:36 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Jenny, I don't know if I had any part in your decision. If so, please point out to me where I caused insult or hurt so I can apologize/clarify.

The forum is better with you here than with you gone.

Thank you, but no worries. I didn't love the joke Tongue , but you weren't the impetus.

28-01-2017, 12:40 PM
(28-01-2017 12:36 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 12:33 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Its difficult when you don't know for sure what or who has caused such upset all I did was comment on the new polymer five pound note,it fucks with your head and personally I don't need that right now as im awaiting biopsy results, so I'm considering taking a lurking sabbatical to revaluate my position.

Trust me, from someone who has suffered from Depression their entire life, I know how it is. We do not want you to feel bad because you didn't do anything so do whatever you need to feel better because we just want the best for you. Just try your best not to be too hard on yourself ok?

Well, it's not something either of you need to worry about. I would tell you if it was *hugs*