Urgent! Jennybee is leaving!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2017, 12:41 PM
RE: Urgent! Jennybee is leaving!
(28-01-2017 12:40 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 12:36 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Trust me, from someone who has suffered from Depression their entire life, I know how it is. We do not want you to feel bad because you didn't do anything so do whatever you need to feel better because we just want the best for you. Just try your best not to be too hard on yourself ok?

Well, it's not something either of you need to worry about. I would tell you if it was *hugs*

I know Hug

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
28-01-2017, 12:41 PM
(28-01-2017 12:36 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 12:33 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Its difficult when you don't know for sure what or who has caused such upset all I did was comment on the new polymer five pound note,it fucks with your head and personally I don't need that right now as im awaiting biopsy results, so I'm considering taking a lurking sabbatical to revaluate my position.

I don't know how else to say it has nothing to do with you. Undecided

That is such a huge relief to know phew Smile Heart
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
28-01-2017, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2017 12:45 PM by Szuchow.)
(28-01-2017 12:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 12:30 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I disagree. While I can not imagine arguing over food preferences I see no reason to agree to disagree being standard policy whenever some issue will appear.

Also being established member matters not - it's forum not some hierarchical society. There is also strange notion of "shutting your stupid mouth". Why assume that only one side is at fault?

I must say that your posts look worryingly to me with is advocating of playing nice with people who are here longer. Maybe I read you wrong but I object - no one gets a pass.

I read it to mean that if someone is a member here who we all know and get along with...why can't we debate each other nicely and with respect. It is possible to do that without attacking someone's lifestyle-- *particularly* if that person never gave you a reason to do that.

I see it differently - one side (x) that with foolish mouth is attacking poor, poor sympathetic other side (y), whereas x should just shut up. Mind you I'm not saying that this is what Aliza wrote, I'm saying how I see it.

As for respect - I have problem with phrases like "I respect your choice, view, whatever". I respect right to have some view not the view itself - ideas even good ones does not warrant respect, just people do. Or do not in some cases. That was slightly off topic though - in general I have nothing against civilized debate conducted in peaceful manner, [Edit] even if sometimes (mostly?) I appear dickish.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
28-01-2017, 12:47 PM
... but how will I ever smile again?

One of the most positive figures on this forum.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
28-01-2017, 12:49 PM
(28-01-2017 12:42 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 12:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I read it to mean that if someone is a member here who we all know and get along with...why can't we debate each other nicely and with respect. It is possible to do that without attacking someone's lifestyle-- *particularly* if that person never gave you a reason to do that.

I see it differently - one side (x) that with foolish mouth is attacking poor, poor sympathetic other side (y), whereas x should just shut up. Mind you I'm not saying that this is what Aliza wrote, I'm saying how I see it.

As for respect - I have problem with phrases like "I respect your choice, view, whatever". I respect right to have some view not the view itself - ideas even good ones does not warrant respect, just people do. Or do not in some cases. That was slightly off topic though - in general I have nothing against civilized debate conducted in peaceful manner, [Edit] even if sometimes (mostly?) I appear dickish.

I think she was referring to me in my situation, not as everyone as a collective whole.
28-01-2017, 12:51 PM
(28-01-2017 12:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 12:30 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I disagree. While I can not imagine arguing over food preferences I see no reason to agree to disagree being standard policy whenever some issue will appear.

Also being established member matters not - it's forum not some hierarchical society. There is also strange notion of "shutting your stupid mouth". Why assume that only one side is at fault?

I must say that your posts look worryingly to me with is advocating of playing nice with people who are here longer. Maybe I read you wrong but I object - no one gets a pass.

I read it to mean that if someone is a member here who we all know and get along with...why can't we debate each other nicely and with respect. It is possible to do that without attacking someone's lifestyle-- *particularly* if that person never gave you a reason to do that.

That's how I meant it. If someone has been here awhile, they've established that they're not a troll, then treat them as if they're an actual human being with sensitivities.

Agree to disagree doesn't need to mean that there can be no discussion. It just means that in the end, if you can't persuade someone to your way of thinking, then let it go. Maybe that other person's views have merit that you can't see. Badgering and attacking them at that point is only going to hurt.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
28-01-2017, 12:51 PM
(28-01-2017 12:47 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  ... but how will I ever smile again?

One of the most positive figures on this forum.

Become the Joker.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
28-01-2017, 12:53 PM
(28-01-2017 12:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 12:42 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I see it differently - one side (x) that with foolish mouth is attacking poor, poor sympathetic other side (y), whereas x should just shut up. Mind you I'm not saying that this is what Aliza wrote, I'm saying how I see it.

I think she was referring to me in my situation, not as everyone as a collective whole.

Probably.

Still I see no reason to not voice my though about something I consider important as far as forum issues go.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
28-01-2017, 12:55 PM
(28-01-2017 12:53 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 12:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I think she was referring to me in my situation, not as everyone as a collective whole.

Probably.

Still I see no reason to not voice my though about something I consider important as far as forum issues go.

Yes and I think you should. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-01-2017, 01:03 PM
(28-01-2017 12:36 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 12:33 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Its difficult when you don't know for sure what or who has caused such upset all I did was comment on the new polymer five pound note,it fucks with your head and personally I don't need that right now as im awaiting biopsy results, so I'm considering taking a lurking sabbatical to revaluate my position.

Trust me, from someone who has suffered from Depression their entire life, I know how it is. We do not want you to feel bad because you didn't do anything so do whatever you need to feel better because we just want the best for you. Just try your best not to be too hard on yourself ok?

Thanks JDog I must admit to being a bit over sensitive at the moment, truth is I'm scared I hope all will be ok but what if it isn't how will I deal with bad news, how do I tell my boys, will it hurt, all these things are buzzing round my head.