Urgent favor I need done

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2011, 07:57 PM

Urgent favor I need done
I posted some shit out of impulse and anger that I really regret posting. Now it's coming back to bite the person I posted about in the ass, and the one favor I can do is get that thread deleted.

However it won't let me delete the thread myself. If any forum moderators, webbies, can get this topic off the internet I'd be extremely thankful.

http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thread-sparta

I linked the thread, I had erased my posts but that doesn't really do much. Sad
Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2011, 08:39 PM
RE: Urgent favor I need done
(15-07-2011 07:57 PM)Diclonius Wrote:  I posted some shit out of impulse and anger that I really regret posting. Now it's coming back to bite the person I posted about in the ass, and the one favor I can do is get that thread deleted.

However it won't let me delete the thread myself. If any forum moderators, webbies, can get this topic off the internet I'd be extremely thankful.

http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thread-sparta

I linked the thread, I had erased my posts but that doesn't really do much. Sad
This is why I made the "Forum Management Team" Section! so you can bring up private matters. I set the thread to unapproved so no-one can view it for now. Stark Raving will make the call whether or not to remove it permanently.

Though you did already edit it to death and its over 3 months old with under 200 views and 11 replies so I don't see that it will matter anymore Tongue even if it did stay there.

I can move this to the more private section if you like.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2011, 08:59 PM
I actually do remember that thread =p I'm sure it will be removed eventually. But yeah, next time try the forum management group for this. Glad that your boss has proven to be a better person (it seems).

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
15-07-2011, 09:03 PM
I will delete the thread. The only reason I will is because having edited all your posts to be nonsense, the thread is butchered so badly it doesn't even make sense. I am doing this for that reason only. In the future DO NOT do what you did to that thread. My suggestion would be to more carefully consider what you post in the first place. If it happens again, I will remove your editing privlidges.

....forum team: see new thread in private section please.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
15-07-2011, 11:14 PM

I appreciate its deletion and will not be returning to this forum. Thanks and have a wonderful day.
Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2011, 11:43 PM
That's what I thought

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
16-07-2011, 03:31 AM
What was that all about? Now I am interested and you have removed the thread... Damn you fast moderators! Smile

P.S.
Why won't you be returning to this forum, what's wrong with it?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
16-07-2011, 07:33 PM
10$ paypal, hit me up in a PM if you interested mods. You will be anonymous.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
16-07-2011, 08:02 PM
$10 paypal for what?

16-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Ok, so now that I am back (I was on a fishing trip) I have a minute to explain what happened here.

There was no big scandal, and there's nothing to hide. I do prefer to leave the details of the thread in the past, since it created an uncomfortable situation for Diclonius, and there's no reason to make her feel any more unhappy. It was simply a situation where there were edited posts, that caused the thread to be senseless, and that can always make other posters comments seem out of context. The posts were edited, it's not a big deal, and the thread was deleted.

My reason for leaving this thread here is to send all of our members a message:
Talk to us! If you need something deleted, and you have a GOOD reason, we will either do it, or in the very least discuss it with you. We are not robots, we're people, and understand that sometimes shit happens. Editing posts in such a way that makes a thread senseless isn't ok, but if you come to us we can find a solution.
If you are uncomfortable with me, talk to one of the mods, or one of the veteran members. (I suppose I have come across as a bit of an ass to some, hence the nickname "Dictator Stark" LOL)

Look, I want everyone here to feel welcome and a part of the forum. That's why I have made such an effort to have as few rules as possible. But when stuff like this happens I HAVE to do something about it to protect everyone equally. Cool?