Urgent need for more exorcists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Urgent need for more exorcists
Urgent need for more exorcists as increasing number of people dabble in Satanism and black magic, Catholic priests say
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/art...d=11717522

Quote: sharp rise in the number of people dabbling in Satanism and the occult is fueling a growing demand for more exorcists on both sides of the Atlantic.

Speaking in tongues, levitating and vomiting nails may seem far-fetched to most people, but experts from the Catholic Church in Italy and the US claim there is an urgent need to recruit more priests as exorcists in order to combat sorcery and black magic.

What a load of rubbish. Can't believe our national paper publishes this junk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
26-09-2016, 04:29 PM
RE: Urgent need for more exorcists
(26-09-2016 04:20 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Urgent need for more exorcists as increasing number of people dabble in Satanism and black magic, Catholic priests say

Quote: sharp rise in the number of people dabbling in Satanism and the occult is fueling a growing demand for more exorcists on both sides of the Atlantic.

Speaking in tongues, levitating and vomiting nails may seem far-fetched to most people, but experts from the Catholic Church in Italy and the US claim there is an urgent need to recruit more priests as exorcists in order to combat sorcery and black magic.

What a load of rubbish. Can't believe our national paper publishes this junk.
Where can I apply for the job? I could do that mumbo jumbo for enuff dollars.
27-09-2016, 11:43 AM
(26-09-2016 04:20 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Urgent need for more exorcists as increasing number of people dabble in Satanism and black magic, Catholic priests say

Some people may apply and then go to training.
Lesson 1: "Exorcisms are all BS, but you get PAID so shut up..."

Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
27-09-2016, 12:44 PM
"...experts from the Catholic Church in Italy and the US claim there is an urgent need to recruit more priests as exorcists in order to combat sorcery and black magic."

The sellers of the bullshit and their largest customers.
27-09-2016, 02:27 PM
A quiet news day in New Zealand and they rely on the Daily Torygraph for news? Sad.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
27-09-2016, 03:13 PM
(27-09-2016 02:27 PM)Silly Deity Wrote:  A quiet news day in New Zealand and they rely on the Daily Torygraph for news? Sad.
Yes, well, once we had a picture and an article on the front page about a sheep that hadn't been shorn for 6 years. They named him Shrek, and he was featured on the 7:30 news focus show where millions got to see the sheep get his wool shorn, live on TV, they took off 27 KGs of wool.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwaFglJ2I6xJWBCh6Bs_4...Ir7XmHovHT]

Infinitely more exciting than a bunch of sexist, homophobic witch doctors telling us there is a shortage of magical exorcist priests to combat the invisible demon invasion.

But still, we do struggle for our news sometimes, and our national paper has become more of a gossip tabloid rather than informative news.

Just wondering if you guys in US, UK, SA, Ire, Can etc get this junk in your national news?
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
27-09-2016, 03:27 PM
(27-09-2016 03:13 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Just wondering if you guys in US, UK, SA, Ire, Can etc get this junk in your national news?

There's an idiot lives in Nigeria. Goes by the handle "The Prophet TB Joshua". He's as crooked as they come. Sells miracle cures, the whole nine yards. Extremely popular in South Africa. Famous people go to his retreats. He's basically our version of Joel Osteen but more unpleasant.

Anyway the nation had a collective brush with skepticism a few years ago when a building at his centre in Nigeria collapsed, killing a large number of South Africans who'd paid good money to be there. Get this. His church crowd *prevented* emergency services from responding. SA was in a big diplomatic row with Nigeria over it.

A few years later he came to SA and casually held a memorial service for those who had died. Censored Family members were invited to attend. Cany you believe the effrontry? Motherfucker.

We have *endless* of these fucks. SA and Africa in general are happy hunting grounds for them. Everyone's poor and uneducated and desperate for miracles.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-09-2016, 03:19 AM
(27-09-2016 03:13 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Just wondering if you guys in US, UK, SA, Ire, Can etc get this junk in your national news?

Oh, yes.

It's so bad with certain so-called newspapers you can do a bullshit-bingo with their front page headlines...........Drinking Beverage

[Image: 6a011570c131b2970c017ee7f42730970d-pi]

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
28-09-2016, 10:46 AM
[Image: smoking-while-pregnant.jpg]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
28-09-2016, 02:48 PM
(28-09-2016 10:46 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
[Image: smoking-while-pregnant.jpg]

Poor little fetus ... can't even enjoy it's morning smoke in peace. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post