Useless recitation of previous posts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2017, 05:20 PM
RE: Useless recitation of previous posts
(14-09-2017 05:04 PM)Leerob Wrote:  
(14-09-2017 04:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You were saying?
Words! All of them!

I am waiting for bitchiness on other subjects...must be a slowly charging battery. Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2017, 06:44 PM
This forum does have the most awkward quoting style I've seen on the internet.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-09-2017, 03:03 AM
(14-09-2017 05:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(14-09-2017 05:04 PM)Leerob Wrote:  Words! All of them!

I am waiting for bitchiness on other subjects...must be a slowly charging battery. Consider
Pick one Big Grin

(14-09-2017 06:44 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  This forum does have
Why did
(14-09-2017 06:44 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  the most awkward quoting style I've seen on
you say
(14-09-2017 06:44 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  the internet.
that?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
15-09-2017, 04:32 AM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2017 05:00 AM by adey67.)
(04-09-2017 02:41 PM)JAH Wrote:  For reasons only known to the machinery of this forum I have not been able to post for some time. But now I am back and I am bad. Some of this will show in posts on specific subjects and some will show now.

I have only been able to read for I don't know, maybe a year maybe more. During that time I have become more and more angry about the frequency which some posters here repeat previous posters instead of answering them. Yes it may take a few words but a little cleverness will take care of that. The most egregious is when someone quotes a previous post that contains multiple quotes itself. Please all curb yourselves.

Now I have to charge my battery so I can be bitchy on other subjects.

No forum is perfect you take the rough with the smooth or else ship yourself out. For example I find it extremely frustrating when people post embedded video as I only have mobile pay as you go internet and one slip of the finger while scrolling activates the video and I lose a ton of credit, however I would NOT dream of asking people not to post videos, why ? because its MY damn problem not anyone else's and it would also be incredibly arrogant and controlling and selfish to ask everyone to alter their posting style and habits just for me.
Have you considered why people quote other peoples posts ? Its really rather simple, its so everyone else can see at a glance who and what that person is replying to, if people did not quote others, threads would quickly become jumbled and unworkable. I am slightly dubious that you have only been reading for a year, I used to help teach illiterate adults to read and not one of them was capable of using the word egregious after only 12 months of literacy, but in case I'm wrong........
Congratulations on learning to read, it opens a whole new world, stick with it keep practising and learning and it will become much easier for you over time. Good luck to you.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
15-09-2017, 07:23 AM
(15-09-2017 04:32 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 02:41 PM)JAH Wrote:  For reasons only known to the machinery of this forum I have not been able to post for some time. But now I am back and I am bad. Some of this will show in posts on specific subjects and some will show now.

I have only been able to read for I don't know, maybe a year maybe more. During that time I have become more and more angry about the frequency which some posters here repeat previous posters instead of answering them. Yes it may take a few words but a little cleverness will take care of that. The most egregious is when someone quotes a previous post that contains multiple quotes itself. Please all curb yourselves.

Now I have to charge my battery so I can be bitchy on other subjects.

No forum is perfect you take the rough with the smooth or else ship yourself out. For example I find it extremely frustrating when people post embedded video as I only have mobile pay as you go internet and one slip of the finger while scrolling activates the video and I lose a ton of credit, however I would NOT dream of asking people not to post videos, why ? because its MY damn problem not anyone else's and it would also be incredibly arrogant and controlling and selfish to ask everyone to alter their posting style and habits just for me.
Have you considered why people quote other peoples posts ? Its really rather simple, its so everyone else can see at a glance who and what that person is replying to, if people did not quote others, threads would quickly become jumbled and unworkable. I am slightly dubious that you have only been reading for a year, I used to help teach illiterate adults to read and not one of them was capable of using the word egregious after only 12 months of literacy, but in case I'm wrong........
Congratulations on learning to read, it opens a whole new world, stick with it keep practising and learning and it will become much easier for you over time. Good luck to you.

Adey67, if, instead of imbedding a video I just posted the link to it wouldn't that make the likelihood of you accidentally clicking it worse? Just curious.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
15-09-2017, 07:32 AM
I repeat myself when under stress.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
15-09-2017, 08:22 AM
(15-09-2017 07:32 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I repeat myself when under stress.

Could you repeat that?

I was going to say "come again?" but I know this forum too well...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
15-09-2017, 11:59 AM
(15-09-2017 07:32 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I repeat myself when under stress.

LOL Banjo! I repeatedly tell people this...

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Hobo

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
15-09-2017, 12:04 PM
(15-09-2017 07:23 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  
(15-09-2017 04:32 AM)adey67 Wrote:  No forum is perfect you take the rough with the smooth or else ship yourself out. For example I find it extremely frustrating when people post embedded video as I only have mobile pay as you go internet and one slip of the finger while scrolling activates the video and I lose a ton of credit, however I would NOT dream of asking people not to post videos, why ? because its MY damn problem not anyone else's and it would also be incredibly arrogant and controlling and selfish to ask everyone to alter their posting style and habits just for me.

Adey67, if, instead of imbedding a video I just posted the link to it wouldn't that make the likelihood of you accidentally clicking it worse? Just curious.

No the link is smaller and easier to avoid on a small mobile screen, I've got pretty good at avoiding the vids now though but I thought it was a good example to give the op some perspective.
15-09-2017, 12:10 PM
When several people respond on a thread it's often difficult to tell who a poster is responding to...the quote feature makes it clear.

I find it hard to believe that there is a forum out there somewhere that is the 'perfect' setup for all users.

If the OP really wanted to help, perhaps (s)he or one of the others with gripes could make suggestions instead of bitching.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat