Username Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2016, 12:12 PM
RE: Username Thread
Mines easy jewel archer.
I came up with it because in order to play halo with my sister and her husband I needed a username. I thought about all the things I like and at the time I had just bought my first bow. It's a Matthews jewel. And because I bow hunt it makes me an archer so jewel archer. I like it better than being called katniss... Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Jewelarcher's post
10-05-2016, 12:14 PM
an old TV series where the main character flies around hither and yon, saving the day, etc. The second and most popular plane used was a then-new Cessna 310. I fly a Now-old Cessna 310 and it is the common airport nickname for a 310 pilot. I used it or one of my banner towing call signs for a long time now.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
10-05-2016, 12:18 PM
When I was a kid I liked reading Christopher Pike novels, he had a series called The Last Vampire, this was way before the whole Twilight thing that ruined vampire stories forever but they were pretty good books and I just liked the main characters name "Sita", she was from India and I just like how simple yet exotic it sounded.

Like a good little nerd when I first started using the internet I created the username "SitaSkywalker", later after the terrible Star Wars prequels I shortened it to "SitaSky". I didn't want anything to do with the whiney little bitch that was Anakin Skywalker, but the new movies have a lot of potential, perhaps I'll change it back someday but I like the way it is now so I'll stick with it.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
10-05-2016, 12:32 PM
[Image: giphy.gif]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
10-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Cool. ^^

I really wonder how earmuffs chose his username.
10-05-2016, 03:02 PM
I chose my username 12-13 years ago. I was in my late teens, struggling with this whole life thing. But I learned about and fell in love with Billie Holiday. Her music has been with me ever since, as I began to find my feet in this world. She used the nickname Lady Day for herself.
I'm nobody special, so it might be ridiculous for me to use her nickname. But I like it. It reminds me of music that was a constant and a source of joy during a tumultuous and difficult time and is still very, very special to me.
[+] 6 users Like LadyDay's post
10-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Pronounced: ter-KAY ber-NAIR
Alternatively (a common mispronunciation): SMAH-ert azz

As I am an electrical engineer and also a big fan of polymath and all-around smart guy, Benjamin Franklin, my username is a reference to The Time Benjamin Franklin Tried (And Failed) to Electrocute a Turkey.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 6 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
10-05-2016, 03:20 PM
I stole it from this Answers in Genesis article. Around 2007-2008, actually.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
10-05-2016, 03:22 PM
1) The emphasis is on the first, third, and fifth syllables.

2) It's a permutation of a nickname bestowed on me in the Air Force.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
10-05-2016, 03:25 PM
I'm sure most English speakers can pronounce my name.

Picked it because I'm super uncreative. I happened to luck out with this spelling and formatting. I was surprised it wasn't already picked.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post