Username Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2016, 03:27 PM
RE: Username Thread
The Minimalists are a school of scholars who think the bible is full of shit.

I agree with them.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Minimalist's post
10-05-2016, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2016 04:12 PM by Fireball.)
I am a pyrophiliac- I like fire. It's just like dancing women. But if you mess around too much, you can get burned. Evil_monster

Now, the avatar. That is courtesy of Carol. She was on a spree and found this nifty goat of fire. Since I'm old, I can tolerate being called a goat- cue Baphomet. Tongue Also, many moons ago I used to hang out at Pharyngula, back in the days when there was a guy who was harassing PZ Meyers. He sent at least one email that had the term "Goats on Fire!" in it. I just thought that was too funny, so I added that line (but as a possessive, not a plural). The guy lives in Canada, and has been barred from the internet. His name escapes me at the moment.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
10-05-2016, 04:29 PM
Angie Lee. It's my name. Just scrambled up a little...first two letter of my first name, first two letters of my last name, first two letters of my middle name. Anjele.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
10-05-2016, 04:35 PM
It's pronounced Voh-suhr and I'm sorry to say that there's not much of a backstory to it. It's just a name I came up with on the spot when signing up for an MMORPG many years ago.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
10-05-2016, 04:40 PM
(10-05-2016 10:17 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I herd yaks.
What did you hear them yakking?
[+] 7 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
10-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Pretty much pronounced as is, and was a reference to both the Faction in The Elder Scrolls Games series and the real life Black Hand. Because sometimes conspiracy theories actually are true. Consider But mostly to the TES faction

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Blackhand293's post
10-05-2016, 05:46 PM
I took the "god" out of "Godzilla".

I got the nickname when a house collapsed on me while I was in Tokyo with the USN. I survived without a scratch, but the Japanese made me go to the hospital to get checked out, because us gaijin are kinda stupid. They brought me back to my ship in an ambulance, and the CO was on the quarterdeck. I explained the sequence of events that culminated in arriving for work in a meat wagon (and six hours late.) He laughed and said, "I guess we have to call you 'Godzilla' from now on." It stuck.
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
10-05-2016, 05:55 PM
(10-05-2016 10:01 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 09:22 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Banjo was a girlfriend of mine, Circa 1974.

I lost my virginity to another, named Kim. 1973. Aged 9.

Nine? Shocking

Nein.

Mine is my profession.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
10-05-2016, 06:08 PM
I am a fan of Chinese supernatural literature. Many of these stories deal with characters exorcising ghosts.
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
10-05-2016, 08:02 PM
Mine is pronounced "Kawasaki" and it's an abbreviation for "the cattle are dying", but that seemed like an odd handle so I shortened it to "BnW".

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 5 users Like BnW's post