Username Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 02:04 PM
RE: Username Thread
It should be Shukhov to be correct in English. As for how I happen to like Solzhenitsyn and his books.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2016, 02:07 PM
(10-05-2016 09:14 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 09:12 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  1. How do you pronounce your username? (If it's not a simple username with just words or something)
2. How did you come up with your username?

1. Uh LEE zah

2. I just lack creativity. It's my name.

Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
11-05-2016, 05:35 PM
I've been using SYZYGY on a couple of other forums for maybe 12 years or so, but people invariably shortened it to SYZ so I thought, if you can't beat 'em etc.

It's a rather unique word (apart from its mathematical or astronomical connection) in that, obviously, it's one of the few English words that contains no vowels, and it's always a guaranteed bet winner at pub nights—as per a "fill in the gaps s_z_g_" question.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
11-05-2016, 06:02 PM
(11-05-2016 05:35 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I've been using SYZYGY on a couple of other forums for maybe 12 years or so, but people invariably shortened it to SYZ so I thought, if you can't beat 'em etc.

It's a rather unique word (apart from its mathematical or astronomical connection) in that, obviously, it's one of the few English words that contains no vowels, and it's always a guaranteed bet winner at pub nights—as per a "fill in the gaps s_z_g_" question.

Well, I learned a new word today. ^^
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
11-05-2016, 06:05 PM
(11-05-2016 06:16 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 05:55 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Nein.

Mine is my profession.

Here I thunk you were misspelling Orgasmic Chemise!

That is what my wife calls me.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
11-05-2016, 06:10 PM
(11-05-2016 05:35 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I've been using SYZYGY on a couple of other forums for maybe 12 years or so, but people invariably shortened it to SYZ so I thought, if you can't beat 'em etc.

Y can be a vowel.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/wor...-consonant

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
11-05-2016, 06:17 PM
(11-05-2016 06:10 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Y can be a vowel.

Hence the "sometimes Y" in the vowel song we all learned when we were 5.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
11-05-2016, 06:27 PM
(11-05-2016 06:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Once upon a time - long ago in a world far away........

Before the internet --- there was Bulletin Board Services -- BBS. You accessed by a modem over phone line.

There were forums a bit like this one -- and everybody had goofy names like "Cyber(something or another)...........

I was a longhaired biker.

It made sense at the time.......

Of course I still did drugs then -- so there's that.......................

I remember those days. I was the cybertoothed tager!
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
12-05-2016, 06:07 AM
(10-05-2016 08:48 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  keengz cho zin

From the Tekken fighting game franchise. I'm (was) really good with the character "King", so I was his "chosen". Yeah... I was 12 when I started using the name.

King from tekken?
That's fantastic. Imagine if you liked Kuma. Kumachosen. Doesn't have the same ring to it. Eddychosen. Yoshimitsuchosen. GunJackchosen. Nope, nope and nope.
You'll just have to remain Kingschosen. And totally not just because I've forgotten all the other characters or anything...
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
12-05-2016, 06:16 AM
Earmuffs, how did you pick your name?