Uses for your body after you die

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2014, 06:37 AM
Uses for your body after you die
I've got death and dying on my mind lately. My uncle just recently donated his body for science. I was curious what that really means and found this article on other uses for a dead body.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/10/28...r.you.die/

who knew you could sign up to be a crash test dummy. Ohmy

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
07-10-2014, 06:48 AM
RE: Uses for your body after you die

07-10-2014, 09:23 AM
The body brokers sound interesting. That way, whatever can be used at that particular time, will be used.

What isn't used can be scattered at sea without costs...and your body is transported without costs - so there are absolutely no costs incurred in your disposal.

Sounds like a plan to me.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-10-2014, 10:03 PM
Stuff me, put me in an intimidating pose, and set me next to the fireplace.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
08-10-2014, 12:48 AM
This is really interesting. My mom and I had talked about doing the body farm when we go. It's cool to see other options. I've always known I wanted to donate my body to science. Now I feel like I need to go check out some of these museums that I didn't know about before!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
08-10-2014, 03:42 AM
Depends on whose body it is. Diddo's isn't even good as dog food.
[+] 1 user Likes DunkleSeele's post
08-10-2014, 08:03 AM
(08-10-2014 03:42 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  Depends on whose body it is. Diddo's isn't even good as dog food.

Eh unnecessary insult. Once his consciousness is gone the body would be quite useful.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
08-10-2014, 09:07 AM
I have been to the Body Worlds exhibit when it came to the local museum. It was amazing and beautiful and creepy and educational all at the same time.

08-10-2014, 09:56 AM
This thread title reminds me of the story of the great actor John Barrymore's body being taken to Errol Flynns house. Apparently it isn't true but it's it makes for a great yarn. Big Grin

“The day that Barrymore passed away, two of John’s drinking buddies—director Raoul Walsh and actor Errol Flynn—were memorializing their late comrade at Flynn’s estate. While Errol went out on an errand, the inebriated Walsh hatched a scheme. He went to the Malloy Brothers Mortuary on Temple Street in Los Angeles, where Barrymore’s body had been taken. One of the owners, an actor who had worked with Walsh in movies, agreed to let Raoul “borrow” John’s corpse for a few hours. The director drove the body in his station wagon to Flynn’s estate. Arriving there, Walsh told Errol’s butler, “Alex, Mr. Barrymore didn’t die. He’s drunk. Help me carry him in the house.” The propped the dead star up on a couch. When Flynn walked in, he saw Barrymore’s corpse sitting there. Frightened by the sight, he dashed frantically from the house. A bemused Walsh shouted, “You missed the old boy and I brought him up here. At least come in and say hello to him.” When Flynn would have no part of it, Walsh and the butler returned the body to the mortuary. Arriving there, Raoul explained to the drunken co-owner what he had done. The owner said, “Why the hell didn’t you tell me? I’d have put a better suit on him.” (Parish, p. 49)

(Off topic) For those of you who don't know who Errol Flynn is, google him. He also wrote a book called "My Wicked, Wicked Ways." An amazing book full of wonderful, wild adventures and crazy sex. "In like Flynn" Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-10-2014, 10:19 AM
I'm listed as an organ donor. Everyone in my family is aware. I joke that I will haunt them as a poltergeist if they ignore my wishes. I've told my mom and dad they don't have a choice if they go first.

It really pisses me off that I'm supposed to be all "I respect your decision, hugs, love, fuzzy bunnies" when someone is a perfect donor candidate and the family says no. Some people say they don't want their loved one cut up, some don't want their body "dismembered" because they'll need it for the second coming. You can still be an organ donor and have an open casket funeral. Your loved one died. Or is brain dead. That sucks. Now let's use their body to provide life to the living that still have a chance and an opportunity to live productive lives. When you've watched people die waiting on an organ, and seen amazing survivals from those that DID receive one, it is so difficult to stand back and do nothing when you have the solution to saving multiple lives laying right in front of you.

I'm also a big fan of donating your body to science in the event that you are not a donor candidate.

I won't need my body when I'm dead. So let it be of use to someone else.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post