Uses for your body after you die

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2014, 05:04 PM
RE: Uses for your body after you die
(08-10-2014 10:19 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm listed as an organ donor. Everyone in my family is aware. I joke that I will haunt them as a poltergeist if they ignore my wishes. I've told my mom and dad they don't have a choice if they go first.

It really pisses me off that I'm supposed to be all "I respect your decision, hugs, love, fuzzy bunnies" when someone is a perfect donor candidate and the family says no. Some people say they don't want their loved one cut up, some don't want their body "dismembered" because they'll need it for the second coming. You can still be an organ donor and have an open casket funeral. Your loved one died. Or is brain dead. That sucks. Now let's use their body to provide life to the living that still have a chance and an opportunity to live productive lives. When you've watched people die waiting on an organ, and seen amazing survivals from those that DID receive one, it is so difficult to stand back and do nothing when you have the solution to saving multiple lives laying right in front of you.

I'm also a big fan of donating your body to science in the event that you are not a donor candidate.

I won't need my body when I'm dead. So let it be of use to someone else.

I could not agree more.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2014, 05:34 PM
After having cancer I don't know what pieces parts they can recycle but I have been signed up as an organ donor for years.

I suppose I should consider donating my body to science, perhaps that would be good for cancer research or something.

If anything is left - cremation and scattered off the Outer Banks.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Draw me like one of your (dead) French girls.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
08-10-2014, 06:51 PM
(08-10-2014 10:19 AM)Nurse Wrote:  When you've watched people die waiting on an organ, and seen amazing survivals from those that DID receive one, it is so difficult to stand back and do nothing when you have the solution to saving multiple lives laying right inside front of you.

Good post, felt compelled to make a small change.

I was going to make a sex doll joke but you guys ruined it with your altruism Dodgy

I'm an organ donor. Heart and liver don't do you much good after your gone. I would think the almighty creator of the universe would have thought through his rapture enough to deal with people with missing parts. No reason not donate.
10-10-2014, 12:40 AM
I am listed for everything in hopes I come back bionic-like. One can dream. I would also like to be drawn like a french girl since I am french (dead or alice) (bionic or not).