Using Facebook as a Selling Tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2016, 12:51 PM
RE: Using Facebook as a Selling Tool
(26-05-2016 12:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  Emotional blackmail. I hate it.

Exactly. Why should I have to buy inferior products at an inflated price?

This shit really makes me mad, but I guess its personal. My mom gets lassoed into these MLM pyramid schemes from time to time, and it hurts to watch.

Angry

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
26-05-2016, 01:16 PM
Well, only I joined this forum because I have a great "product". Have you established a relationship with our lord and savior? Hobo

Seriously, that sales stuff would be nice if it wasn't for nicking all of one's friends. I used to work a job where our whole group went away from our regular work location to deliver a product, which required us to be at the location for usually about 5 months, every couple of years. Once, it went for 2.5 years. I threw in the towel and got another assignment after 14 months. People were organizing activities and volunteering their co-workers to help! I wouldn't have any of that, and got guilt tripped for it. I gently Laugh out load explained that, if we were back home, we wouldn't be hanging out together, and I don't see why we should, now, here, either.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
26-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Pfft. I'm so hipster I don't have friends on Facebook, nor do I use my real name. To be honest, I have no idea what you guys are talking about in the first place.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
26-05-2016, 01:48 PM
You can do business with friends but then they must play by business rules. If you expect me to accept a sub-standard customer experience on the basis of my friendship, then you lose both a friend and a customer.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
26-05-2016, 03:18 PM
(26-05-2016 01:36 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Pfft. I'm so hipster I don't have friends on Facebook, nor do I use my real name. To be honest, I have no idea what you guys are talking about in the first place.

I don't have a Facebook account.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
26-05-2016, 04:15 PM
I have two things

1. You are obviously not their target audience. Their target audience are people with a lot of spending money who want to have a special thing. And the special thing is very very special if it is hand made (ish) and costs four times the price.

2. Here a little video I made for you, so you won't be re-added to groups that you left.
(I can't embed it, sorry)
http://tinypic.com/r/n19usn/9

woop

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
26-05-2016, 04:46 PM
Long before social media there was the home 'party'. I went through a ton of them for a time when we lived on Ft. Jackson. Mary Kay cosmetics, crystal glassware, Tupperware, lingerie...etc. All we did was pass our money around and the hostesses of these parties never really ended up with much to show for it.

Shortly after moving here it was Pampered Chef and Scentsy.

This is the new home 'party', without the party. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
26-05-2016, 04:51 PM
(26-05-2016 04:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  This is the new home 'party', without the party. Undecided
And without the 'home' Tongue

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 3 users Like Adrianime's post
26-05-2016, 05:15 PM
(26-05-2016 04:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Long before social media there was the home 'party'. I went through a ton of them for a time when we lived on Ft. Jackson. Mary Kay cosmetics, crystal glassware, Tupperware, lingerie...etc. All we did was pass our money around and the hostesses of these parties never really ended up with much to show for it.

Two of the people who are selling the cleaning stuff did the Scentsy thing too!

Some of the parties were fun, cocktails, friends, food...I feel totally used now and ripped off. Weeping

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

26-05-2016, 05:18 PM
(26-05-2016 05:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 04:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Long before social media there was the home 'party'. I went through a ton of them for a time when we lived on Ft. Jackson. Mary Kay cosmetics, crystal glassware, Tupperware, lingerie...etc. All we did was pass our money around and the hostesses of these parties never really ended up with much to show for it.

Two of the people who are selling the cleaning stuff did the Scentsy thing too!

Some of the parties were fun, cocktails, friends, food...I feel totally used now and ripped off. Weeping

Now they just want your money and you don't even get a mini-quiche. Undecided

Have you ever had one of those mini-quiches outside of one of those parties? I haven't. Nor would I want to.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF