Using Facebook as a Selling Tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2016, 05:27 PM
RE: Using Facebook as a Selling Tool
(26-05-2016 05:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 04:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Long before social media there was the home 'party'. I went through a ton of them for a time when we lived on Ft. Jackson. Mary Kay cosmetics, crystal glassware, Tupperware, lingerie...etc. All we did was pass our money around and the hostesses of these parties never really ended up with much to show for it.

Shortly after moving here it was Pampered Chef and Scentsy.

This is the new home 'party', without the party. Undecided

Two of the people who are selling the cleaning stuff did the Scentsy thing too!

Some of the parties were fun, cocktails, friends, food...I feel totally used now and ripped off. Weeping

What a gyp. Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
26-05-2016, 05:45 PM
(26-05-2016 10:56 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've got some wonderful friends -- I'm lucky that way. But lately holy crap everyone is selling crap.

Two friends sell cleaning stuff.
Four friends selling makeup.
Another friend sells diet plans
Yet another friend sells this woo-ish garbage (cleansing crystals)
Two people sell jewelry
Yet another is heavily into 'essential oils.'

Each person has their own page, where they talk about how wonderful their products are. Then there's the backhanded shaming if you don't buy anything -- like you're not supporting them...

The biggest problem I have with this is that I can buy makeup for far less than the $40 price or $30 mascara...don't get me started on how expansive the skin care stuff is. $80 for an eye serum that's exactly the same as Clinique that I can get at the mall for $35 (not to mention, the Clinique bottle is bigger).

Or $120 mop....for real.

I've asked them to stop adding me to their groups (I know I'm not the only one to do this) -- so now they're all posting a meme....

[Image: 2ls7ifl.jpg]

Difference is Kylie Jenner and Michael Jordan are selling their products in stores and you know you are getting what you paid for. Selling stuff online especially on Facebook can be very sketchy.

Also $120 for a mop?!?! I can get one delivered to my door from Amazon for half that price.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
26-05-2016, 05:52 PM
(26-05-2016 05:45 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 10:56 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've got some wonderful friends -- I'm lucky that way. But lately holy crap everyone is selling crap.

Two friends sell cleaning stuff.
Four friends selling makeup.
Another friend sells diet plans
Yet another friend sells this woo-ish garbage (cleansing crystals)
Two people sell jewelry
Yet another is heavily into 'essential oils.'

Each person has their own page, where they talk about how wonderful their products are. Then there's the backhanded shaming if you don't buy anything -- like you're not supporting them...

The biggest problem I have with this is that I can buy makeup for far less than the $40 price or $30 mascara...don't get me started on how expansive the skin care stuff is. $80 for an eye serum that's exactly the same as Clinique that I can get at the mall for $35 (not to mention, the Clinique bottle is bigger).

Or $120 mop....for real.

I've asked them to stop adding me to their groups (I know I'm not the only one to do this) -- so now they're all posting a meme....

[Image: 2ls7ifl.jpg]

Difference is Kylie Jenner and Michael Jordan are selling their products in stores and you know you are getting what you paid for. Selling stuff online especially on Facebook can be very sketchy.

Also $120 for a mop?!?! I can get one delivered to my door from Amazon for half that price.

You can get a mop for $19 US.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
26-05-2016, 05:56 PM
(26-05-2016 05:52 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 05:45 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Difference is Kylie Jenner and Michael Jordan are selling their products in stores and you know you are getting what you paid for. Selling stuff online especially on Facebook can be very sketchy.

You can get a mop for $19 US.

Can get one for less than that.

http://www.amazon.com/Cedar-Light-Thirst...15&sr=8-15

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
26-05-2016, 05:56 PM
(26-05-2016 05:52 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You can get a mop for $19 US.

But is it a cool mop like the spin-mop? Consider
26-05-2016, 05:58 PM
(26-05-2016 05:56 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 05:52 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You can get a mop for $19 US.

But is it a cool mop like the spin-mop? Consider

Even better it's a Mop that works without a stupid gimmick that ruins the actual ability to be a mop.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
26-05-2016, 06:09 PM
(26-05-2016 05:45 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Also $120 for a mop?!?! I can get one delivered to my door from Amazon for half that price.

It's sure as shit not magic. I'm told that it you still have to push it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-05-2016, 06:29 PM
(26-05-2016 06:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 05:45 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Also $120 for a mop?!?! I can get one delivered to my door from Amazon for half that price.

It's sure as shit not magic. I'm told that it you still have to push it.

Maybe it can make margaritas.

[+] 4 users Like JDog554's post
26-05-2016, 06:37 PM
(26-05-2016 06:29 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 06:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's sure as shit not magic. I'm told that it you still have to push it.

Maybe it can make margaritas.

I would totally pay $120 for a margarita-makin', self-propellin' mop.
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
26-05-2016, 06:45 PM
(26-05-2016 06:37 PM)julep Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 06:29 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Maybe it can make margaritas.

I would totally pay $120 for a margarita-makin', self-propellin' mop.

[Image: o-BABY-MOP-facebook.jpg]

Well it doesn't make Margaritas (yet) but it is self propelled.

[+] 7 users Like Revenant77x's post