Using Facebook as a Selling Tool

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2016, 09:59 PM
RE: Using Facebook as a Selling Tool
(26-05-2016 10:56 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've got some wonderful friends -- I'm lucky that way. But lately holy crap everyone is selling crap.

Two friends sell cleaning stuff.
Four friends selling makeup.
Another friend sells diet plans
Yet another friend sells this woo-ish garbage (cleansing crystals)
Two people sell jewelry
Yet another is heavily into 'essential oils.'

Each person has their own page, where they talk about how wonderful their products are. Then there's the backhanded shaming if you don't buy anything -- like you're not supporting them...

The biggest problem I have with this is that I can buy makeup for far less than the $40 price or $30 mascara...don't get me started on how expansive the skin care stuff is. $80 for an eye serum that's exactly the same as Clinique that I can get at the mall for $35 (not to mention, the Clinique bottle is bigger).

Or $120 mop....for real.

I've asked them to stop adding me to their groups (I know I'm not the only one to do this) -- so now they're all posting a meme....

[Image: 2ls7ifl.jpg]

Moms, your post reminded me of two occasions when I was invited to a person’s house for a get together...I thought party. I thought wrong.

One was my boss trying to sell me Amway products and the other an aunt trying to sell phone cards. Neither was up front with why they had me and the others over. To this day I look back at the situation they put me in with disgust.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
26-05-2016, 10:04 PM
(26-05-2016 05:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 05:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Two of the people who are selling the cleaning stuff did the Scentsy thing too!

Some of the parties were fun, cocktails, friends, food...I feel totally used now and ripped off. Weeping

Now they just want your money and you don't even get a mini-quiche. Undecided

Have you ever had one of those mini-quiches outside of one of those parties? I haven't. Nor would I want to.

I missed this!!! How did I miss this?!

My man and I made those for last Christmas! I know with the mother in law issues there weren't many pictures on fb. Blush

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-05-2016, 12:23 AM
(26-05-2016 09:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 10:56 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've got some wonderful friends -- I'm lucky that way. But lately holy crap everyone is selling crap.

Two friends sell cleaning stuff.
Four friends selling makeup.
Another friend sells diet plans
Yet another friend sells this woo-ish garbage (cleansing crystals)
Two people sell jewelry
Yet another is heavily into 'essential oils.'

Each person has their own page, where they talk about how wonderful their products are. Then there's the backhanded shaming if you don't buy anything -- like you're not supporting them...

The biggest problem I have with this is that I can buy makeup for far less than the $40 price or $30 mascara...don't get me started on how expansive the skin care stuff is. $80 for an eye serum that's exactly the same as Clinique that I can get at the mall for $35 (not to mention, the Clinique bottle is bigger).

Or $120 mop....for real.

I've asked them to stop adding me to their groups (I know I'm not the only one to do this) -- so now they're all posting a meme....

[Image: 2ls7ifl.jpg]

Moms, your post reminded me of two occasions when I was invited to a person’s house for a get together...I thought party. I thought wrong.

One was my boss trying to sell me Amway products and the other an aunt trying to sell phone cards. Neither was up front with why they had me and the others over. To this day I look back at the situation they put me in with disgust.

We got the Amway sales pitch years ago. Yeah that was totally disappointing.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces