Using Stem Cells to Revive the Brain Dead,
https://www.statnews.com/2017/06/01/brai...tem-cells/
Shocking

Zombies anyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2017, 01:22 PM
RE: Using Stem Cells to Revive the Brain Dead,
(10-06-2017 11:41 AM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  https://www.statnews.com/2017/06/01/brai...tem-cells/
Shocking

Zombies anyone.

If they need test subjects, they could go to Westoboro Baptist Church....

No lack of brain dead there......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
10-06-2017, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 05:35 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(10-06-2017 01:22 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 11:41 AM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  https://www.statnews.com/2017/06/01/brai...tem-cells/
Shocking

Zombies anyone.

If they need test subjects, they could go to Westoboro Baptist Church....

The cohort would be much larger if they looked in Washington DC.

It's never gonna work. There will be small advances over a long period of time in people with hemorrhagic strokes and ischemic strokes and aneurysms. Starting with brain dead people is stupid when they don't even know the parameters of the processes. What it will do is give ignorant people false hope that *something* can be done, when it can't.

Edit : We're simply not there yet, scientifically. This is like "Frankenstein" (type ignorance) of the field.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-06-2017, 02:44 AM
Holy shit, leave me out of it. Once I'm brain-dead turn off any machines and burn my body. I don't want to wake up again with half my brain cells missing. I have few enough to begin with.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
11-06-2017, 03:30 AM
(10-06-2017 07:53 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 01:22 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If they need test subjects, they could go to Westoboro Baptist Church....

The cohort would be much larger if they looked in Washington DC.

It's never gonna work. There will be small advances over a long period of time in people with hemorrhagic strokes and ischemic strokes and aneurysms. Starting with brain dead people is stupid when they don't even know the parameters of the processes. What it will do is give ignorant people false hope that *something* can be done, when it can't.

I agree - they need to work on prion diseases and MS.

Hey, at least it's a step back from this nightmare ...

I guess I'm only slightly appalled. For fuck's sake - two patients will be going out with this shit! However much my ghoulish half is kind of ok with it, I still feel it's freakishly irresponsible. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-06-2017, 06:08 AM
how it possible?
12-06-2017, 02:23 PM
(11-06-2017 03:30 AM)kim Wrote:  
(10-06-2017 07:53 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The cohort would be much larger if they looked in Washington DC.

I agree - they need to work on prion diseases and MS.

I guess I'm only slightly appalled. For fuck's sake - two patients will be going out with this shit! However much my ghoulish half is kind of ok with it, I still feel it's freakishly irresponsible. Dodgy

We already did it with a monkey and a dog a long time ago.
12-06-2017, 03:26 PM
(12-06-2017 02:23 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 03:30 AM)kim Wrote:  I agree - they need to work on prion diseases and MS.

We already did it with a monkey and a dog a long time ago.

At it lived ? Prove it with references ?
It's not possible.
Period.
In general scientists are aware of the state of science pretty much the world over.
If anyone was doing this, we would know.
It's not being done, anywhere.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-06-2017, 03:45 PM
(12-06-2017 03:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 02:23 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  We already did it with a monkey and a dog a long time ago.

At it lived ? Prove it with references ?
It's not possible.
Period.

Technology doesn't care what you believe. Tongue

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
12-06-2017, 03:53 PM
So all this time atheists been eatin babies, we shoulda been eatin fetuses? Blink
I could use a few extra I.Q. Tongue