Using nature to prove God...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2013, 03:15 PM
RE: Using nature to prove God...
I see believers who have incredible experiences through their belief in their god. It seems to be some sort of sense of oneness, awe, fulfillment, nirvana..... whatever. That's what I get from nature. I've always been one who likes to get away and immerse myself in it. Often for hours, sometimes for days or weeks. I've often referred to the forest as my "church". But I seek to understand it, through the sciences, and it doesn't diminish the experience, it enhances it. It's like a religious experience but without the religion.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post
07-11-2013, 07:50 PM
RE: Using nature to prove God...
(07-11-2013 02:26 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 07:54 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I ask them how nature is proof for their god. Then any reason they give, I replace their god with Allah, Thor, Zeus, Horus, etc. When they complain about it, as ask them to 'prove me wrong'. That stumps them, because anything they come up with inevitably shoots themselves in the foot as well. It's like a ninja version of John W. Loftus' 'outsider test of faith'.

Actually, you may be correct here. The Bible agrees with you that nature demonstrates a creator God and not specifically Jehovah/Jesus. Romans 1:18-22 etc.

I prefer the next part where it says if you don't believe nature proves God you'll eventually turn into a homosexual and have your place in the lake of fire.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply