Using science and logic against us.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2014, 06:59 PM
My biggest bug bear .

Religious people using science and logic to prove their point whilst at the same time believing in talking snakes, magic trees, virgin births, dead people coming back to life etc.

Even if there was a theory out there that 100 percent disproves evolution, are theists in any position to say anything against science when they believe in the above and much more?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2014, 07:21 PM
It's the cargo cult "science" like ID that really gets me.

We need better science education in schools. It's pathetic that in 2014, a religious agenda has been able to propagandize basic facts of science, and fabricate an "evolution controversy," "intelligent design" as a "theory," and let the uneducated distort the future of education.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 3 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
23-05-2014, 07:37 PM
RE: Using science and logic against us.
Just ignore them.

You know they're deluded and science is on your side...

Save yourself the trouble and just have a cold beer, much better way to spend the afternoon.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Sam's post
23-05-2014, 07:44 PM
They will try anything to justify their beliefs. Even trying to use science. We all know they can't do that very well so use it to your advantage.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
23-05-2014, 07:53 PM
(23-05-2014 06:59 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  My biggest bug bear .

Religious people using science and logic to prove their point whilst at the same time believing in talking snakes, magic trees, virgin births, dead people coming back to life etc.

Even if there was a theory out there that 100 percent disproves evolution, are theists in any position to say anything against science when they believe in the above and much more?

They don't use science, they distort science to try to prove that their claims are right and science is wrong. The second law of thermodynamics is a favorite of theirs. It makes them sound "smart" to all the fools that share their beliefs and don't even know what is being discussed. Hobo

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 6 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
23-05-2014, 07:57 PM
(23-05-2014 07:53 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  

They don't use science, they distort science to try to prove that their claims are right and science is wrong. The second law of thermodynamics is a favorite of theirs. It makes them sound "smart" to all the fools that share their beliefs and don't even know what is being discussed. Hobo

Its a perfect example of a strawman... It appears to disprove evolution, but only works if the audience is ignorant.

[Image: SNN2826B-280_897461a.jpg]

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
23-05-2014, 08:49 PM

I am a Christian. I also am grateful to the contributions of science to mankind. Many of the early pioneers of the scientific method were Christians.

Nor am I antagonistic towards the theory of evolution. There are several prominent Christians in the academy who hold that evolution is the means by which God created man.

If God exists then it does not seem unreasonable to think that He could, and would at times intervene in the affairs of man in ways that were overt.
23-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Sometimes I think that these Christian Scientists only get science degree's so they can defend their bible with pseudoscience and show that "Christians can be scientists too!".

Its just an effort to bring more people into their cult I think.

Any attempt to use science against us usually ends in failure and can be defended with the following statement: Show me the proof, than when you present it to the world and win your medal for science by proving X (evolution or the world is 6k years old) and the 98% of the scientific community that does not agree with you accepts your work. THEN I will believe anything about science you have to say. Until Then Fuck off you juicy toad wallet.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
23-05-2014, 09:09 PM
(23-05-2014 08:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  

I am a Christian. I also am grateful to the contributions of science to mankind. Many of the early pioneers of the scientific method were Christians.

Nor am I antagonistic towards the theory of evolution. There are several prominent Christians in the academy who hold that evolution is the means by which God created man.

If God exists then it does not seem unreasonable to think that He could, and would at times intervene in the affairs of man in ways that were overt.

That part sounds mostly ok Thumbsup
23-05-2014, 09:19 PM
I hate it in general. It's a great detriment to the society, and the obvious parasitism is sickening.

But oh, how I LOVE to see someone actually pin those little weasels down in a debate and make it clear to the world how little they actually understand what they're talking about.

[Image: unsettled-christianity.png]

The problem with woo people trying to fight with science is that they're fighting on enemy terrain, with enemy weapons, that they don't understand, but that the enemy does. They can do a lot of damage with their guerrilla tactics, but they can't go toe-to-toe with us on our own terms.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post