Using science and logic against us.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2014, 09:27 PM
RE: Using science and logic against us.
Did bill really say that Laugh out load . I love that guy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2014, 09:45 PM
(23-05-2014 09:19 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  I hate it in general. It's a great detriment to the society, and the obvious parasitism is sickening.

But oh, how I LOVE to see someone actually pin those little weasels down in a debate and make it clear to the world how little they actually understand what they're talking about.

[Image: unsettled-christianity.png]

The problem with woo people trying to fight with science is that they're fighting on enemy terrain, with enemy weapons, that they don't understand, but that the enemy does. They can do a lot of damage with their guerrilla tactics, but they can't go toe-to-toe with us on our own terms.

LOL I love that picture of nye. Its awesome sauce.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
23-05-2014, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2014 12:30 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(23-05-2014 08:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I am a Christian.

What kind of xtard are you, Wanker?

Quote:I also am grateful to the contributions of science to mankind.

Not fucking grateful enough.

Quote:Many of the early pioneers of the scientific method were Christians.

....and many were because at the time if you weren't "xtian", you got fucking barbecued.

Oh, and Fallacy: Appeal to Misleading Authority.

Quote:Nor am I antagonistic towards the theory of evolution.

Yes, you ARE, you fucking LIAR, and here's the proof:

Quote: There are several prominent Christians in the academy who hold that evolution is the means by which God created man.

Um, you fucking idiot. Evolution has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with your imaginary sky fairy.You can't cherry-pick science, you disingenuous little bitch. There IS NO "gawd" in evolutionary theory. Thus: YES, you ARE antagonistic toward the theory of evolution, in that you would corrupt it and insert your fairy tale monster into it as a mechanism.

Fucking LIAR.

Oh, and here you go again with this "in the academy" bullshit -- which means absolutely NOTHING. It's just your way of trying to bolster your bullshit assertions with vague allusions to unnamed -- and fictional -- people who supposedly agree with your viewpoint. You are making shit up again, asswipe, and you aren't fooling anyone.

Quote:If God exists...

OH, look -- where have I heard THAT tack before -- OH, YES< your idiot hero, Billy "Larry" Craig!

YOUR CLAIM is that your fairy tale monster exists. You have not supported that claim with ANY EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER. Everything you say that follows that clause fails.

Quote:...then it does not seem unreasonable to think that He could, and would at times intervene in the affairs of man in ways that were overt.

You wouldn't know "reasonable" if it bent you over and fucked you in the ass with a jackhammer.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 5 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
23-05-2014, 10:21 PM
(23-05-2014 08:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 06:59 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  My biggest bug bear .

Religious people using science and logic to prove their point whilst at the same time believing in talking snakes, magic trees, virgin births, dead people coming back to life etc.

Even if there was a theory out there that 100 percent disproves evolution, are theists in any position to say anything against science when they believe in the above and much more?

I am a Christian. I also am grateful to the contributions of science to mankind. Many of the early pioneers of the scientific method were Christians.

Nor am I antagonistic towards the theory of evolution. There are several prominent Christians in the academy who hold that evolution is the means by which God created man.

If God exists then it does not seem unreasonable to think that He could, and would at times intervene in the affairs of man in ways that were overt.

That's bullshit. It was humans who made the scientific method. Do you know who my picture is sir? It is Ibn Sina, a early muslim,philosopher,scholar, and scientist. Good to see that you are not hating evolution, for that's what I tend to really make creationist hate me on when I refute every claim point by point

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 5 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
23-05-2014, 10:24 PM
(23-05-2014 09:45 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 09:19 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  I hate it in general. It's a great detriment to the society, and the obvious parasitism is sickening.

But oh, how I LOVE to see someone actually pin those little weasels down in a debate and make it clear to the world how little they actually understand what they're talking about.

[Image: unsettled-christianity.png]

The problem with woo people trying to fight with science is that they're fighting on enemy terrain, with enemy weapons, that they don't understand, but that the enemy does. They can do a lot of damage with their guerrilla tactics, but they can't go toe-to-toe with us on our own terms.

LOL I love that picture of nye. Its awesome sauce.

I am not sure he put it exactly that way, but he argued exactly that point in the debate. Pretty early on, too. If you haven't heard the debate, it's worth your time to look it up.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
23-05-2014, 11:01 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2014 11:26 PM by rampant.a.i..)
Using science and logic against us.
(23-05-2014 08:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 06:59 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  My biggest bug bear .

Religious people using science and logic to prove their point whilst at the same time believing in talking snakes, magic trees, virgin births, dead people coming back to life etc.

Even if there was a theory out there that 100 percent disproves evolution, are theists in any position to say anything against science when they believe in the above and much more?

I am a Christian. I also am grateful to the contributions of science to mankind. Many of the early pioneers of the scientific method were Christians.

Too bad they had a mental block against applying it to their own beliefs.

Science wouldn't exist had every Christian scientist been devoutly Christian. What's your point?

(23-05-2014 08:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Nor am I antagonistic towards the theory of evolution. There are several prominent Christians in the academy who hold that evolution is the means by which God created man.

How progressive of them: Now that the science is indisputable, suddenly it's "isn't God's creation amazing?"

(23-05-2014 08:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  If God exists then it does not seem unreasonable to think that He could, and would at times intervene in the affairs of man in ways that were overt.

That's it? This whole post for "well shucks, in mah opinion, anything is possible!"

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
24-05-2014, 04:41 AM
I would love for them to begin using the scientic method, but I have my doubts on how well they will be able to understand the material. They have 2000 yr old brains. As funny as that sounds, there might be a grain of genetic truth to it.

To be honest, I want there to be some tangible, genetic, brain damage something that explains how fucking retarded their brains are.

But people of faith who believed for decades are able to free themselves from those mental shackles, so I know its just indoctrination.

We have these religious virus spreaders on every corner of the block and then wonder why half the country is fuck nuts looney toons.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
24-05-2014, 04:41 AM (This post was last modified: 24-05-2014 04:49 AM by Rahn127.)
Science is what we do to keep from lying to ourselves.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
24-05-2014, 05:55 AM
They did what, now? Huh

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-05-2014, 06:57 AM
(23-05-2014 10:21 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  That's bullshit. It was humans who made the scientific method.

I guess Christians are no longer humans...

GaspOhmy

You sound like Taq