Using science and logic against us.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2014, 03:53 AM
RE: Using science and logic against us.
(24-05-2014 06:59 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  The spirit of Darwin's Bulldog is alive and well here.

You rang?

(23-05-2014 08:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  If God exists then it does not seem unreasonable to think that He could, and would at times intervene in the affairs of man in ways that were overt.

If.

Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2014, 06:52 AM
(24-05-2014 06:57 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 10:21 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  That's bullshit. It was humans who made the scientific method.

I guess Christians are no longer humans...

GaspOhmy

You sound like Taq

They are, maybe you should think before you speak. If calling out bullshit makes me sound like Taq then I guess he logically whipped you worst than a slaveowner would whip his slave. Drinking Beverage

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
25-05-2014, 09:36 AM
(24-05-2014 06:59 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Dogmatic evangelical atheism at its best.

Pitch science against Christianity as if the two are contradictory.

The spirit of Darwin's Bulldog is alive and well here.

Weeping

Look -- Jermy is growing more and more desperate each day.

Can't you just feel all his "Love"? Hobo

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
25-05-2014, 09:49 AM
(24-05-2014 06:57 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(23-05-2014 10:21 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  That's bullshit. It was humans who made the scientific method.

I guess Christians are no longer humans...

GaspOhmy

You sound like Taq

You are a subhuman and I wouldn't compare you to other animal species . Doing so is a insult to animals.
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
25-05-2014, 07:48 PM
(24-05-2014 07:51 AM)living thing Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 06:59 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Pitch science against Christianity as if the two are contradictory.
Christianity does not need science to be contradictory, it is contradictory by itself. Take a look at this christian temple built by those who have taken a vow of poverty:

[Image: vaticano-lujo.jpg]

I would just like to point out that priests in general don't take a vow of poverty, just monks and nuns and a few others.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
[+] 1 user Likes TarzanSmith's post
26-05-2014, 01:50 AM
(25-05-2014 07:48 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I would just like to point out that priests in general don't take a vow of poverty, just monks and nuns and a few others.
That is a very good point, thanks for the remark.

Now take a look at the following monastery of the Order of St. Agustine, located near Madrid in Spain. True, it was financed by a christian monarch as a royal seat as well as a monastery, but it is nevertheless a monastery:[Image: 640px-Vista_aerea_del_Monasterio_de_El_Escorial.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like living thing's post
30-05-2014, 07:09 AM
(24-05-2014 08:37 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I said many of the early pioneers of the scientific method were Christians.

This has yet to be shown to be false.

What you aren't getting though is everyone else's point. Everyone was Christian in Europe back then. So what you are saying is

I said many of the first cars on the road had wheels.
This has yet to be shown false.

Well Duuh. See now how dumb a statement it is.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like CONVERSIONTUBE's post
31-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Using science and logic against us.
I don't see what Christianity's problem is with science.

[Image: qu2udemu.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
31-05-2014, 05:42 PM
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQttLK8kStIQZ6hYU6xNdO...2wRQ6n_hRh]

[Image: 128260488_amazoncom-ring-around-the-rosi...piano-.jpg]

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
31-05-2014, 08:29 PM
(30-05-2014 07:09 AM)proplayer44 Wrote:  
(24-05-2014 08:37 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I said many of the early pioneers of the scientific method were Christians.

This has yet to be shown to be false.

What you aren't getting though is everyone else's point. Everyone was Christian in Europe back then. So what you are saying is

I said many of the first cars on the road had wheels.
This has yet to be shown false.

Well Duuh. See now how dumb a statement it is.

...many of the early pioneers of the scientific method were bearded.
...many of the early pioneers of the scientific method were sexually active.
...many of the early pioneers of the scientific method were imbibers of oxygen.

He thinks that if you can find an example of a christian doing science it proves that science and faith are not at odds. Fuck that the methods are utterly and completely incompatible right guys? Fuck right off with cognitive dissonance and compartmentalization being really damn things.

I personally doubt he is a Poe, I think it's much more likely he's just bloody well run out of complex stupid and now he's just got simplistic stupid.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post