Using the Ontological argument to prove that I am God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2014, 01:18 AM
RE: Using the Ontological argument to prove that I am God
(10-12-2014 09:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 02:39 PM)tear151 Wrote:  (If a perfect being created something perfect, then it would have competition and something to challenge it's perfection, so a perfect being can't create a perfect being

An omnipotent being could figure a way around this. It means the being in question is subject to reality, not it's master. It could have created Reality to allow for this. A being that exists participates in existence, and by definition, not non-existence. Therefore as long as it existed, it was not the totality of Reality. Reality 'in toto" therefore remains unexplained. Where did non-existence come from ?

"Smokes pipe"

Dude... Im like... One with the universe or somit... I am reality!

"A witty quote means nothing"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes tear151's post
11-12-2014, 02:53 AM
(10-12-2014 06:18 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  OK if you don't want to say then I'll wait for you to appear to me in a dream.

Of course I don't actually know what you look like so I will see what I dream of tonight and if I like it I'll go with that.

Yay! tear151 came to me in a dream and told me that I need to drink more whisky.

Absolutely no dreams about conga lines I'm afraid. So whisky it is.
11-12-2014, 04:55 AM
(11-12-2014 01:18 AM)tear151 Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 09:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  An omnipotent being could figure a way around this. It means the being in question is subject to reality, not it's master. It could have created Reality to allow for this. A being that exists participates in existence, and by definition, not non-existence. Therefore as long as it existed, it was not the totality of Reality. Reality 'in toto" therefore remains unexplained. Where did non-existence come from ?

"Smokes pipe"

Dude... Im like... One with the universe or somit... I am reality!

You're PART of Reality, and by definition can ONLY participate in part of it.
You may be a god, but you ain't no ultimate nuthin".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-12-2014, 04:55 AM
(11-12-2014 02:53 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 06:18 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  OK if you don't want to say then I'll wait for you to appear to me in a dream.

Of course I don't actually know what you look like so I will see what I dream of tonight and if I like it I'll go with that.

Yay! tear151 came to me in a dream and told me that I need to drink more whisky.

It only took one day until my holy word was cherry picked, typical.

[+] 3 users Like tear151's post
11-12-2014, 07:27 AM
Hidden in the First Cause contention is god as animus, so yeah, same difference.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2014, 08:01 AM
(11-12-2014 02:53 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  

How do you know he didn't want you to drink whiskey? Did he specify? Better drink both just to be safe. Don't want to anger him and be sent to a Dry County for eternity.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2014, 08:57 AM
(11-12-2014 08:01 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  How do you know he didn't want you to drink whiskey? Did he specify? Better drink both just to be safe. Don't want to anger him and be sent to a Dry County for eternity.

Because I feel a warm pleasant sensation enter me when I drink whisky. This must be Tear151's holy spirit.

(Besides the Gaelic word for Whisky is "uisge beatha" meaning "lively water" or "water of life" so it must be true)
11-12-2014, 11:51 AM
(11-12-2014 08:01 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 02:53 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Yay! tear151 came to me in a dream and told me that I need to drink more whisky.

How do you know he didn't want you to drink whiskey? Did he specify? Better drink both just to be safe. Don't want to anger him and be sent to a Dry County for eternity.

I usually just send them to idea of the hell of whatever religion they hold too for the lulz. Atheists just get reincarnated. That was if I created things anyway, which I don't, none of you are real.

11-12-2014, 11:58 AM
(11-12-2014 11:51 AM)tear151 Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 08:01 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  How do you know he didn't want you to drink whiskey? Did he specify? Better drink both just to be safe. Don't want to anger him and be sent to a Dry County for eternity.

I usually just send them to idea of the hell of whatever religion they hold too for the lulz. Atheists just get reincarnated. That was if I created things anyway, which I don't, none of you are real.

If I'm not real then why aren't you?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-12-2014, 11:59 AM
(11-12-2014 11:51 AM)tear151 Wrote:  

[Image: poof.png]

Shit, where did I just disappear to?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce