Usual introductions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2012, 03:04 AM
Usual introductions
Ok, so I'm Graham and I am a Christian. I'm here because of a post on a Christian site from an atheist on how they were there to see both sides of the argument. It sounded like a very good approach so here I am.

A brief history of me. Born in Germany as my Dad was in the Army, moved back to England, when I was 11. I wasn't always a Christian, I changed my belief after a lot of questioning and haven't stopped asking questions, there is no better way to learn for me.

I hope to get involved with the discussions though I probably won't post overly regularly and I'm not always the most eloquent of people so please bear with me.

Any questions, please ask Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2012, 04:32 AM
RE: Usual introductions
(05-08-2012 03:04 AM)Grazer501 Wrote:  Ok, so I'm Graham and I am a Christian. I'm here because of a post on a Christian site from an atheist on how they were there to see both sides of the argument. It sounded like a very good approach so here I am.

A brief history of me. Born in Germany as my Dad was in the Army, moved back to England, when I was 11. I wasn't always a Christian, I changed my belief after a lot of questioning and haven't stopped asking questions, there is no better way to learn for me.

I hope to get involved with the discussions though I probably won't post overly regularly and I'm not always the most eloquent of people so please bear with me.

Hello, Graham. Your introductory post is a lot more considerate than the last Christian that came this way. Wink

How old are you now? How long have you been a Christian? Which branch (CofE don't tend to attract new members, as they're very conservative (with a deliberately small "c"))? I'm not being nosey, I'm just curious about your path into that faith.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post
05-08-2012, 04:35 AM
Willkommen im Forum!

Ich bin ebenfalls in Deutschland geboren worden und lebe zur Zeit noch immer dort.

GenieƟ deinen Aufenthalt. Smile

In case you don't speak German anymore:
Welcome to the board!

I was also born in Germany and I currently still live there.

Enjoy your stay. Smile

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
05-08-2012, 05:01 AM
Hey.

Yeah I got a question. You say you never stopped asking questions, yet you are still a christian... How does that work?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-08-2012, 05:23 AM
Welcome Smile
05-08-2012, 06:44 AM
(05-08-2012 04:32 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(05-08-2012 03:04 AM)Grazer501 Wrote:  Ok, so I'm Graham and I am a Christian. I'm here because of a post on a Christian site from an atheist on how they were there to see both sides of the argument. It sounded like a very good approach so here I am.

Hello, Graham. Your introductory post is a lot more considerate than the last Christian that came this way. Wink

How old are you now? How long have you been a Christian? Which branch (CofE don't tend to attract new members, as they're very conservative (with a deliberately small "c"))? I'm not being nosey, I'm just curious about your path into that faith.

I'm 31 and been a Christian for just over 3 years. I try not to say "I'm this branch or this one" as it leads to things getting messy regarding theology. The church I attend are affiliated with Vineyard. I like this church but I don't always agree with all their theology. To me, all Christians are (or should be at least) followers of Christ. Everything else around that become almost the finer details.

That's a simplistic overview but I hope that's helped Smile
05-08-2012, 06:57 AM
(05-08-2012 06:44 AM)Grazer501 Wrote:  I'm 31 and been a Christian for just over 3 years. I try not to say "I'm this branch or this one" as it leads to things getting messy regarding theology. The church I attend are affiliated with Vineyard. I like this church but I don't always agree with all their theology. To me, all Christians are (or should be at least) followers of Christ. Everything else around that become almost the finer details.

If you are more concerned with Christianity than the splintering-effect of multiple denominations in multiple churches... have you looked into the Quakers? If you put a gun to my head and forced me to pick Christianity as a religion that I had to follow... I'd go with the Quakers. They don't proselytise and they don't have the same degree of hierarchy as the more mainstream churches.

They always seemed like a more genuine approach to the teacher-character of Jesus.

But I'm a militant atheist, so it might not be best to take advice from me. Dodgy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2012, 07:02 AM
(05-08-2012 06:57 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  But I'm a militant atheist, so it might not be best to take advice from me. Dodgy

Here's some advice Grazer. The bit I put in bold in the quote is key part of that post.

trolololololololololololololol

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
05-08-2012, 07:03 AM
I agree that all christians should follow their teacher's teachings. I have yet to see any do that.

If you do... well done.

And if so, and you really give no thought for the morrow... can I please have all your savings? Thanks.

I'll PM my bank account details.

Cheers
DLJ

(ps, I'm also a Brit. In whiich part do you reside)

(pps, Well done, Red, for your self-restraint)

(ppps, to Grazer/Graham, Red Celt is our attack dog. He hunts, kills and eats christian-spies. Everyone else here just eat babies)

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
05-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Aghk Hobo Muffs... We're trying to fool him into thinking we're a bunch of reasonable people here. The only way he'll join the duck side is if he thinks we're not completely quacked. Besides which though RC can have his moments he's been pretty nice so far.