Usual introductions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2012, 07:11 AM
RE: Usual introductions
(05-08-2012 07:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  Aghk Hobo Muffs... We're trying to fool him into thinking we're a bunch of reasonable people here. The only way he'll join the duck side is if he thinks we're not completely quacked. Besides which though RC can have his moments he's been pretty nice so far.

Alright fine.
I shall be the bigger man and accept that I am correct and he is wrong and leave it at that.

Ah, good now that is over I can go troll someone else...

As for the Christian, if he wanted reasonable he may have come to the wrong place.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2012, 07:14 AM
(05-08-2012 05:01 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hey.

Yeah I got a question. You say you never stopped asking questions, yet you are still a christian... How does that work?

Hi

I'm not sure how to approach this question but will give it a go.

I became a Christian when I concluded that it was true. I got to that stage by asking questions both of it and my own (at the time) atheistic world view. I didn't get all the answers but I had enough to make a start. I don't know everything about my fiancé but I knew enough to have asked her to marry me. The Christian faith goes beyond getting answers to intellectual questions, it's about a relationship with God. You learn more about a person by asking them questions and listening to the answers. I don't believe that just because I am a Christian I should stop asking questions about the world or indeed the Christian faith. But given that I've made a commitment to God it beggars belief (to me) I would stop asking questions about him.

There are some very difficult questions about the Christian faith, questions that have not always been handled very well in the past and ones I don't have answers for at the moment. I have enough to get it to make some sense to me. But if you don't even ask the questions, you'll never get any answers.

That's probably just me waffling lol
[+] 1 user Likes Grazer501's post
05-08-2012, 07:20 AM
(05-08-2012 07:14 AM)Grazer501 Wrote:  ... to have asked her to marry me....
... a relationship with God....

I reckon that's two mistakes. Keep talking and I'll keep counting.

I used to have a relationship with god but she dumped me!

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
05-08-2012, 07:23 AM
(05-08-2012 07:14 AM)Grazer501 Wrote:  Hi

You invested a bit too much time, typing that reply to earmuffs.

Throw a stick and say "fetch boy" and he'll be entertained for ages.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2012, 07:24 AM
(05-08-2012 07:14 AM)Grazer501 Wrote:  

Yeah I got a question. You say you never stopped asking questions, yet you are still a christian... How does that work?

Hi

I became a Christian when I concluded that it was true. I got to that stage by asking questions both of it and my own (at the time) atheistic world view. I didn't get all the answers but I had enough to make a start. I don't know everything about my fiancé but I knew enough to have asked her to marry me. The Christian faith goes beyond getting answers to intellectual questions, it's about a relationship with God. You learn more about a person by asking them questions and listening to the answers. I don't believe that just because I am a Christian I should stop asking questions about the world or indeed the Christian faith. But given that I've made a commitment to God it beggars belief (to me) I would stop asking questions about him.

There are some very difficult questions about the Christian faith, questions that have not always been handled very well in the past and ones I don't have answers for at the moment. I have enough to get it to make some sense to me. But if you don't even ask the questions, you'll never get any answers.

Before it gets to it, yes I am trying to convert you you are on an atheist forum, no I don't care that you are comfortable with your religion, I am an atheist hence I believe you to be wrong hence I will try to make you 'see the light', yes you people do try to force your religion on us it is everywhere in the media for example it is stopping gays from getting married currently and finally no I will not respect your religion, again I am atheist and hence do no respect it.

Now that the formalities are out of the way, I guess the obvious follow up question to your post is, what questions did you ask? and what questions do you ask now?

05-08-2012, 07:25 AM
(05-08-2012 07:23 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(05-08-2012 07:14 AM)Grazer501 Wrote:  Hi

You invested a bit too much time, typing that reply to earmuffs.

Throw a stick and say "fetch boy" and he'll be entertained for ages.

Hey now son, I've been the bigger man here and moved past.
You're just embarrassing yourself now.

05-08-2012, 07:26 AM
<throws a stick>

"Fetch boy!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2012, 07:27 AM
(05-08-2012 07:26 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  <throws a stick>

"Fetch boy!"

I actually feel embarrassed for you...

05-08-2012, 08:58 AM
(05-08-2012 07:14 AM)Grazer501 Wrote:  

Hi

Grazer501, can you tell us of the process in which you became a Christian? What age did you start thinking about it, who influenced your thinking, when did you decide to make the committment etc.?

Also does God speak to you? Do you feel that God has done things in your life?
05-08-2012, 10:18 AM
(05-08-2012 07:14 AM)Grazer501 Wrote:  I became a Christian when I concluded that it was true.

What evidence made you come to that conclusion?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]