Usual introductions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2012, 01:59 PM
RE: Usual introductions
Welcome and such. Do hope you stick around.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2012, 02:24 PM
(05-08-2012 01:40 PM)Grazer501 Wrote:  Everyone asking for the evidence for the resurrection, I'll put up what I have but I need to tidy it up first. When I've done this before it hasn't been clear why each fact is important so once I've done that, I will put it up for discussion/mocking (delete as appropriate) Smile

Before you go to a great deal of trouble, pretty much no one (except theists) accepts the Bible as evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
05-08-2012, 02:54 PM
(05-08-2012 02:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  Before you go to a great deal of trouble, pretty much no one (except theists) accepts the Bible as evidence.

The reason I expand here is that you might think "well these idiots have just excluded a whole class of evidence. How can they ask me for evidence and in the same breath tell me that they won't accept evidence if it doesn't meet some cock-a-mamie standard they've cooked up"... Basically it's not that we're excluding it, it's that we've independently determined for ourselves that the Bible is not a trustworthy source.

So if you wanted to convince us of the validity of evidence derived from the Bible you'd first have to give us a reason for trusting what is inscribed therein. A difficult task.

However, by all means, if it is your *personal* reason for believing, don't be shy to add it to your testimony. I'm less interested in converting and being converted than seeing how you think Smile
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
05-08-2012, 02:57 PM
(05-08-2012 02:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-08-2012 01:40 PM)Grazer501 Wrote:  Everyone asking for the evidence for the resurrection, I'll put up what I have but I need to tidy it up first. When I've done this before it hasn't been clear why each fact is important so once I've done that, I will put it up for discussion/mocking (delete as appropriate) Smile

Before you go to a great deal of trouble, pretty much no one (except theists) accepts the Bible as evidence.
But that's unfair! Hobo

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
05-08-2012, 02:59 PM
(05-08-2012 02:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-08-2012 02:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  Before you go to a great deal of trouble, pretty much no one (except theists) accepts the Bible as evidence.

The reason I expand here is that you might think "well these idiots have just excluded a whole class of evidence. How can they ask me for evidence and in the same breath tell me that they won't accept evidence if it doesn't meet some cock-a-mamie standard they've cooked up"... Basically it's not that we're excluding it, it's that we've independently determined for ourselves that the Bible is not a trustworthy source.

So if you wanted to convince us of the validity of evidence derived from the Bible you'd first have to give us a reason for trusting what is inscribed therein. A difficult task.

However, by all means, if it is your *personal* reason for believing, don't be shy to add it to your testimony. I'm less interested in converting and being converted than seeing how you think Smile

Yeah, what the Dog says. Me, I'm terse.Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-08-2012, 03:00 PM
(05-08-2012 02:57 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
But that's unfair! Hobo

Tough titties.Angry

[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
05-08-2012, 03:06 PM
(05-08-2012 03:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-08-2012 02:57 PM)Vosur Wrote:  But that's unfair! Hobo

Tough titties.Angry

Don't say such horrible things! Titties are supposed to be smooth and soft Blush
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-08-2012, 03:07 PM
(05-08-2012 03:06 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-08-2012 03:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  Tough titties.Angry

Don't say such horrible things! Titties are supposed to be smooth and soft Blush

[Image: Toughtits.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
05-08-2012, 03:09 PM
(05-08-2012 03:07 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(05-08-2012 03:06 PM)morondog Wrote:  Don't say such horrible things! Titties are supposed to be smooth and soft Blush

[Image: Toughtits.jpg]

Them thar's some tough titties.Shocking

05-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Greetings.

When you post your "evidence", you will have to agree, that in order to actually be consistent, that there is, honestly, seriously, as much "evidence" the the Salem Mass. women who were burned at the stake, actually really were witches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xv_Iklb1V4

Also, check out the "lying for Jesus" link. The early fathers agreed that's what they did, and it was what they were up to. They admitted it, multiple places, multiple times.

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/index.html

Unfortunately, the interpretation of the resurrection event, by the followers, is only one small problem, among many.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche