Usual introductions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2012, 12:46 PM
RE: Usual introductions
(10-08-2012 12:40 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Eye Witness test. See if you can pass this.

FAIL! Big Grin Me, that is. Damn, that was good!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2012, 01:00 PM
1. Who found the empty tomb?

a. According to Matthew 28:1, only "Mary Magdalene and the other Mary."

b. According to Mark 16:1, "Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome."

c. According to Luke 23:55, 24:1 and 24:10, "the women who had come with him out of Galilee." Among these women were "Mary Magdalene and Joanna and Mary the mother of James." Luke indicates in verse 24:10 that there were at least two others.

d. According to John 20:1-4, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb alone, saw the stone removed, ran to find Peter, and returned to the tomb with Peter and another disciple.
2. Who did they find at the tomb?

a. According to Matthew 28:2-4, an angel of the Lord with an appearance like lightning was sitting on the stone that had been rolled away. Also present were the guards that Pilate had contributed. On the way back from the tomb the women meet Jesus (Matthew 28:9).

b. According to Mark 16:5, a young man in a white robe was sitting inside the tomb.

c. According to Luke 24:4, two men in dazzling apparel. It is not clear if the men were inside the tomb or outside of it.

d. According to John 20:4-14, Mary and Peter and the other disciple initially find just an empty tomb. Peter and the other disciple enter the tomb and find only the wrappings. Then Peter and the other disciple leave and Mary looks in the tomb to find two angels in white. After a short conversation with the angels, Mary turns around to find Jesus.
3. Who did the women tell about the empty tomb?

a. According to Mark 16:8, "they said nothing to anyone."

b. According to Matthew 28:8, they "ran to report it to His disciples."

c. According to Luke 24:9, "they reported these things to the eleven and to all the rest."

d. According to John 20:18, Mary Magdalene announces to the disciples that she has seen the Lord.
V. THE ASCENSION

According to Luke 24:51, Jesus' ascension took place in Bethany, on the same day as his resurrection.

According to Acts 1:9-12, Jesus' ascension took place at Mount Olivet, forty days after his resurrection.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
10-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Pastor Erxomai will show you the error of your ways, Son.

1. Who found the empty tomb?

a. According to Matthew 28:1, only "Mary Magdalene and the other Mary."

b. According to Mark 16:1, "Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome."

c. According to Luke 23:55, 24:1 and 24:10, "the women who had come with him out of Galilee." Among these women were "Mary Magdalene and Joanna and Mary the mother of James." Luke indicates in verse 24:10 that there were at least two others.

d. According to John 20:1-4, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb alone, saw the stone removed, ran to find Peter, and returned to the tomb with Peter and another disciple.

None of these are mutually exclusive. In a. The two Marys showed up. In b. Salome was there too, but there was no reason for Matthew to mention her because she wasn't famous. Plus, she was the one that stopped to bring donuts. She showed up a few minutes after the other two Marys. In c. Joanna was passing by and saw her friends and smelled the donuts so she popped in to have a look too. d. presents a little more of an issue, but not necessarily...again, Mary M. went there alone, but all those other ladies had the same idea so they pretty much all met up for an early morning tomb robbery. Plus, John is meant to be more theological in nature than an explicit travelogue.

2. Who did they find at the tomb?

a. According to Matthew 28:2-4, an angel of the Lord with an appearance like lightning was sitting on the stone that had been rolled away. Also present were the guards that Pilate had contributed. On the way back from the tomb the women meet Jesus (Matthew 28:9).

b. According to Mark 16:5, a young man in a white robe was sitting inside the tomb.

c. According to Luke 24:4, two men in dazzling apparel. It is not clear if the men were inside the tomb or outside of it.

d. According to John 20:4-14, Mary and Peter and the other disciple initially find just an empty tomb. Peter and the other disciple enter the tomb and find only the wrappings. Then Peter and the other disciple leave and Mary looks in the tomb to find two angels in white. After a short conversation with the angels, Mary turns around to find Jesus.

a. and b. are the same person. Angel of the Lord looked like a young man in a white robe. c. is incorporated to show that one angel was sitting on the stone and the other angel was inside the tomb. d. doesn't have anything to do with a-c because it was the 2nd visit for Mary and the first for Peter and allegedly John. Peter and John freak out and leave and the angels come back from their potty break and Jesus stops by to see how things are going.

3. Who did the women tell about the empty tomb?

a. According to Mark 16:8, "they said nothing to anyone."

b. According to Matthew 28:8, they "ran to report it to His disciples."

c. According to Luke 24:9, "they reported these things to the eleven and to all the rest."

d. According to John 20:18, Mary Magdalene announces to the disciples that she has seen the Lord.

In a. at first they say nothing because they're scared. Then when they realize the magnitude of what just happened, b. reports that they ran to tell the disciples. c...there's nothing contradictory here. Anyone who followed Jesus were called disciples, aka, "learners." The 11 Super Disciples were there, but so were the hundred or so other followers. d. just points out that Mary M. was the spokeswoman who did the actual reporting.

V. THE ASCENSION

According to Luke 24:51, Jesus' ascension took place in Bethany, on the same day as his resurrection.

According to Acts 1:9-12, Jesus' ascension took place at Mount Olivet, forty days after his resurrection.

Sadly for you, Bethany is on the eastern slope of Mount Olivet, so both locations are correctly stated. As for saying the Luke 24:51 ascension was on the same day...no time frame is stated in the text.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-08-2012, 10:14 PM
I want to know about all the other zombies from Matthew, (from the last paragraph of the Passion), and all the other tombs, that were empty. Then I want to know exactly what kind of body it was, as it wasn't really a physical body, (see the Skype resurrection thread, page 3 and 4).
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...sus?page=4

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
10-08-2012, 10:35 PM
(10-08-2012 10:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I want to know about all the other zombies from Matthew, (from the last paragraph of the Passion), and all the other tombs, that were empty. Then I want to know exactly what kind of body it was, as it wasn't really a physical body, (see the Skype resurrection thread, page 3 and 4).
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...sus?page=4

What do you want to know about the zombies? There were something like 500 of them. Big deal.

The zombies were just resuscitated like Lazarus. They would eventually die again of natural causes or Roman crucifixion.

Jesus' body was the resurrected body that all the elect will have in heaven. Just as God is ineffable, so is the resurrected body. It's not like anything anyone has ever seen, not even the angels.

Next? Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-08-2012, 02:03 AM
I would really love for you to post the case for the ressurection thingy here...

Might even want to make a new thread:

Since there is no rule on linking to atheistic, or pro christian websites, I can finally fully argue why that "Case for the Ressurection" is bullocks.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
11-08-2012, 02:53 AM
(10-08-2012 12:46 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(10-08-2012 12:40 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Eye Witness test. See if you can pass this.

FAIL! Big Grin Me, that is. Damn, that was good!

I noticed the girl in black leave. Cos I was watching her arse! Too distracting.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
11-08-2012, 05:08 AM

I didn't get it. Why is it called "The Monkey Business Illusion"? I saw no monkeys.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2012, 05:26 AM
Welcome to the forum Grazer hope you enjoy your stay here............

Oh my, there seems to be a discussion on the finer details of the bible, thats my exit to leave sharpish before I fall into a coma.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
11-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Greetings Grazer, enjoy these forums.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.