Utah teachers attend free concealed weapons training class.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Utah teachers attend free concealed weapons training class.
http://www.kutv.com/news/top-stories/sto...3265.shtml

(KUTV) A concealed weapons training class was held at the Maverick Center Thursday to train educators on how to protect themselves.

Nearly 200 teachers attended the free concealed weapons course that was organized by OPSGEAR and the Utah Shooting Sports Council.

Organizers say they threw together the training class together in about a week and a half after wondering what they could do to help teachers in Utah after the Connecticut shootings.

OPSGEAR said hundreds of people requested information about becoming a concealed carry holder since the shooting two weeks ago.

“They say not to fight fire with fire, but maybe I’m thinking it would be a good thing and that’s why I’m here today,” Alta High hall monitor Marion Montoya says.

The concealed weapons and mass violence training is being provided free of charge.

“We are not training these teachers to go roam the hallways in search of that active shooter. We want them to institute, as directed by their district, the normal lock-down procedures, but when that falls short, when the gunman comes in to the classroom, they have that one extra option besides diving in front of the kids and taking the bullets,” Utah Shooting Sports Council Chairman Clark Aposhian says.

The teachers came from all over Utah. Many say they feel they need to be better prepared to defend themselves in case something like the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting should happen.

“My son has been telling me for a long time go out and get your concealed weapons for your own protection,” Marion Montoya says.

Some of the educators, however, say they are not quite sure they are ready to actually carry a gun inside a classroom.

“I don’t know. I’m toying with the idea. I don’t know if I would be comfortable yet. I think having a gun permit is a good idea,” teacher Chelsea Anderson says.

Utah is one of the only states in the country that allows teachers to carry concealed weapons in schools.

For information about the free gun training class for school employees in Utah, visitwww.facebook.com/opsgear.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2012, 05:52 PM
RE: Utah teachers attend free concealed weapons training class.
I'm not sure how I feel about teachers having guns, there is the possibility that they can protect themselves, but there is the possibility one of them snaps and shoots a room of kids. Myeh....

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
29-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Great. Just brilliant. Can't train to educate the future generations of this country properly, but tax dollars towards providing a branch of the NRA in all public schools? Sure thing, says the GOP. Kill crazy culture, and yes, that does make me emotional, apologies.
29-12-2012, 06:03 PM
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I need to ask, where would the gun be stored? In a desk drawer? On their person? Inside their bra?

When I think about that school, it's really doubtful from what little I've heard, that a gun wouldn't have helped. It's entirely likely it just happened too fast. Could someone else possessing a gun could have helped? I dunno. From what I read they followed lockdown procedures...which are to stay with students, lock doors, stay low, and away from windows.

I don't see how it could have helped?

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

29-12-2012, 06:28 PM
(29-12-2012 05:52 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I'm not sure how I feel about teachers having guns, there is the possibility that they can protect themselves, but there is the possibility one of them snaps and shoots a room of kids. Myeh....
Have you ever snapped while chopping some vegetables with a knife to stab someone?
29-12-2012, 06:32 PM
(29-12-2012 06:28 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(29-12-2012 05:52 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I'm not sure how I feel about teachers having guns, there is the possibility that they can protect themselves, but there is the possibility one of them snaps and shoots a room of kids. Myeh....
Have you ever snapped while chopping some vegetables with a knife to stab someone?
Have you ever gotten your head out of your ass?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
29-12-2012, 06:33 PM

No, but god-damnit I've seriously wanted to. Here I am working my ass off to create a culinary masterpiece and EVERYONE comes out of the fucking woodwork "needing" something from the kitchen....

If I didn't give a shit about going to prison.....
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-12-2012, 06:35 PM
No, I don't think vegetables are out to get me.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
29-12-2012, 06:36 PM

Or misses and guns down some of the pupils instead of an attacker.

(29-12-2012 06:28 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Have you ever snapped while chopping some vegetables with a knife to stab someone?

Yeah I do it all the time. It's like a hobby. Fancy chopping some vegetables with me?....

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
29-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Re: RE: Utah teachers attend free concealed weapons training class.
(29-12-2012 06:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I need to ask, where would the gun be stored? In a desk drawer? On their person? Inside their bra?

When I think about that school, it's really doubtful from what little I've heard, that a gun wouldn't have helped. It's entirely likely it just happened too fast. Could someone else possessing a gun could have helped? I dunno. From what I read they followed lockdown procedures...which are to stay with students, lock doors, stay low, and away from windows.

I don't see how it could have helped?

"Concealed Carry" really explains it.A handgun in your desk dose no good when you arnt sitting behind it. Btw, they DO make bras that have holsters.

A teacher had time enough to bluff the dude into thinking her class was in the gym, thats surely enough time to press some triggers and atleast give yourself a chance instead of being a bitch at the whim of a crazy video game nerd fucked up on crazy pill withdraw.

Lets remind everyone that Utah allows CC on public college campus's.