Utah teachers attend free concealed weapons training class.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2012, 06:42 PM
RE: Utah teachers attend free concealed weapons training class.
Quote: Or misses and guns down some of the pupils instead of an attacker.
That too!

Quote:

Yeah I do it all the time. It's like a hobby. Fancy chopping some vegetables with me?....

Shocking

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2012, 06:49 PM
I really tend to disagree, especially grammar school. The first priority should be to protect the children, not play hero with a gun. But really that's just my not-so-humble-opinion.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

29-12-2012, 06:50 PM
(29-12-2012 06:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I really tend to disagree, especially grammar school. The first priority should be to protect the children, not play hero with a gun. But really that's just my not-so-humble-opinion.
I'd think it'd be better if policemen had the guns, not every teacher. But that's me, I mean they are getting training so it's better than nothing, but it just doesn't sit well with me.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
29-12-2012, 06:55 PM
Why not spend the money on reinforced doors that can be locked, improved security so unauthorised people cant just walk in. Instead of changing nothing except allowing a weapon in classrooms?
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
29-12-2012, 07:00 PM
I got a great idea. Lets give every kid a nuclear weapon. Then if anyone tries to hurt them they can defend themselves. This is totally a good idea. Why would anyone be against this idea?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
29-12-2012, 07:02 PM
(29-12-2012 06:55 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Why not spend the money on reinforced doors that can be locked, improved security so unauthorised people cant just walk in. Instead of changing nothing except allowing a weapon in classrooms?
Have you seen the funding for public schools, FSM_Scot? It would cost too fucking much!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
29-12-2012, 07:04 PM
What people dont' get is that it's not mandatory to carry a concealed weapon in class. They are taking the class so that if they choose to they will be qualified to do so. A school district in Texas has been allowing concealed weapons for years and they've never had an incident. The simple fact that teachers have the ability to carry will deter criminals from attempting anything at that particular school The reason schools get the shootings they do is because they are easy targets. Criminals know that no one on campus is going to be able to do anything to stop them. If you allow teachers to carry then you remove the certainty that criminals have.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
29-12-2012, 07:04 PM
(29-12-2012 06:50 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(29-12-2012 06:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I really tend to disagree, especially grammar school. The first priority should be to protect the children, not play hero with a gun. But really that's just my not-so-humble-opinion.
I'd think it'd be better if policemen had the guns, not every teacher. But that's me, I mean they are getting training so it's better than nothing, but it just doesn't sit well with me.

I completely agree!
29-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Re: RE: Utah teachers attend free concealed weapons training class.

Your beta attitude is why active shooters get the body count they do. They either off them self before, or surrender when a sheepdog shows up.They arnt looking for a Alamo. If a active shooter is in your school and you make the choice not to stop him as soon as possible, you're basically just passing the buck. The sandy run teachers obviously couldnt all enact in-place protection, and all the teachers did was group all the kids together and make his job easier.

2 school officials actively tried to stop him. They made the conscious decision to go after the shooter,to stop the problem AT the problem. Where they being reckless cowboys? No. So give( as let them bring theirs)those 2 ladies a g26 and some training by a competent instructor and they're odds would have been a lot more favorable.

This isnt a "mandate" thing, but a allowance. Simply saying that the teachers who has the want to carry at their place of work(when they already carry everywhere else) can do so under law. Its dossnt mean every teacher will be carrying.
29-12-2012, 07:07 PM
(29-12-2012 07:04 PM)germanyt Wrote:  What people dont' get is that it's not mandatory to carry a concealed weapon in class. They are taking the class so that if they choose to they will be qualified to do so. A school district in Texas has been allowing concealed weapons for years and they've never had an incident. The simple fact that teachers have the ability to carry will deter criminals from attempting anything at that particular school The reason schools get the shootings they do is because they are easy targets. Criminals know that no one on campus is going to be able to do anything to stop them. If you allow teachers to carry then you remove the certainty that criminals have.

So shop owners that own guns don't get robbed?. Police don't get shot?

Carrying a gun doesn't discourage crime, It only encourages the criminals to be better armed to protect themselves.
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post