Utopia.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2015, 10:33 AM
RE: Utopia.
(04-01-2015 10:25 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  Bemore, I think it's the people that want to reproduce that are the problem, not those who don't.

That is true. However if you were to offer it to 18-20 year olds only, for those who have no children, over a decade a growing amount of the population would become infertile through all the different generational years would and continue to build slowly, and permanantly.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2015, 11:49 AM
(04-01-2015 10:33 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 10:25 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  Bemore, I think it's the people that want to reproduce that are the problem, not those who don't.

That is true. However if you were to offer it to 18-20 year olds only, for those who have no children, over a decade a growing amount of the population would become infertile through all the different generational years would and continue to build slowly, and permanantly.

Actually I think it would be relevant, and interesting, to know how much of reproduction is planned vs accidental. My bet would be overwhelmingly towards accidental.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
04-01-2015, 04:12 PM
(04-01-2015 10:09 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 08:23 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Well for starters I can't think of a worse way to go about it. Even if you happen to be a complete sociopath who only cares about the results:
-You're implementing a medical procedure on a global scale with no infrastructure to support it. No professionals for unusual cases, no backup plans. No way to reduce damage.

-You've got no way to halt the process once everything gets going.

-They're using a viral vector; something that is notoriously difficult to control under the best field conditions. That they've already modified to make more dangerous: For reasons.

-You need to pull of a the greatest piece of corporate espionage ever in order to even get started futz with the worlds most common food product in a way that nobody notices or
-You're disproportionately harming the poor. Who can't afford to not switch to non-corn based foods. Which is going to s...

I think you've missed the point.

The question asked in the OP was if the implimentation of this plan was potentially worth the sacrifice despite being morally wrong. (I think the latter is something we can all agree on; it is morrally wrong.)

Which means the logistics of implimenting the plan, or one very much like it, in order to do as little harm as possible is a ligitimate course of inquiry in response to the OP. the fact of the matter is; if The Network has the ability to pull this massive, impossible plan off; they have other options.

This sterilisation procedure retarded enough that the Network might (I stress; might.) actually cause less long term harm to their power base and the surviving populations quality of life by starting an extermination war.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
04-01-2015, 04:22 PM
We could assign points for intelligence, physical and mental health, attractiveness, and so on.

The more points one has, the more offspring one is allowed. With too few points, you get sterilized.

Pure merit system - the conservatives should love that. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2015, 04:55 PM
(04-01-2015 04:12 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  The question asked in the OP was if the implimentation of this plan was potentially worth the sacrifice despite being morally wrong. (I think the latter is something we can all agree on; it is morrally wrong.)

No I'm sorry but I have to disagree. The way the question was framed precludes discussion on the feasibility or possibility of the undertaking. The OP was looking for arguments on whether this was genocide or not and whether the intended outcome would obtain. You went on about logistics and power bases which really wasn't needed.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
04-01-2015, 05:01 PM
^Fair point. Well made.

But: Obtain what? I think you cut off the arse end of the sentence.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
04-01-2015, 11:52 PM
^By obtain I meant achieving the reasons for implementing the whole sinister plan.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
26-01-2015, 07:37 AM
In any closed ecological system - there is a breaking point in the support of any one life form. What generally happens is that the dominant lifeform breeds unchecked until one of two things happens - it runs out of food, or it chokes to death on it's own waste.

Humans are no different. The longer we put off the problem, the more horrific it will be for those left holding the bag at the end. Jesus isn't going to show up and bail us all out.

"Go forth and multiply"??????????

Yeah... right...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-01-2015, 03:15 PM
(01-01-2015 07:50 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 07:32 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I wonder how do you find out if you're fertile or not? Especially in the case of guys, even if 1/10 is that's pretty dangerous because most of those who are fertile aren't likely to be together in their early prime until people start forcing it and dating websites like OKFertile get formed.

But who would give you a right to do or not do it anyway?

Pretty sure you jerk the gherkin in a bathroom stall and turn the self love product into the lab - lab tech will view the white goo on a slide and see if your swimmies are swimming

How to slim the pickins:

You think having a mullet after 1998 is still an appropriate hairstyle.
You wear WWF t shirts and think that shit is real
You go to Talledega every year and your cut off rebel flag tee is *not* a costume
Assholes who can't drive
Lindsay Lohan
Pentecostals
Anyone with last name Duggar

Uncle Sam's future health care will enforce that shit. Ok probably not. But it's fun to think about. The world be a hell of a lot better if the Duggers and their ilk would stop procreating.

I have to say, Nurse, your recent problems have made for very succinct, adept and pithy replies. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-03-2015, 11:58 AM
Most people want nice orgasms, not nice babies.