Utopian Society

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2012, 03:31 AM
RE: Utopian Society
In a society like this one, you need to have a proper punishment. For any kind of industrial stealing, economical frauds, where one rich individual steals money from other people by scams, or by exploiting some law flaws there should be public punishments, like stoning (not with weed) and whippings. If you are going to steal from the people, you are going to be punished by people as well.

Any form of organized crime, like mafia and similar, guillotine and hanging. Public of course. That way, after a few first offenders are charged guilty, there will be no more of this crap, ever.

I would like to see some of Croatia's famous politicians on gallows or being stoned, those stealing, lying fucks. But instead of this, we are spending tons of money on courts and lawyers and in the end they get a few years in a nice jail that is more like a hotel room. At the same time 4.5 million people are suffering because of that one asshole and some of his companions. Public punishments, I tell you, there would be no "next" mafia guys after that.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote: In order to complete our education system, you must have a P.hD in any
subject you choose. 1a. For everyday you miss of school, you must pay
fourteen dollars. This is mandatory unless an adequate reason is
established for your absence.
Nope, bad idea.
The idea of the collage system is you finish high school and go onto collage and get your bachelors degree (I don't know what you call it over there), the standard 3year degree.
You then use this degree to get a job. Take my current degree for example, if I was to major in accounting and become an accountant. You then work as an accountant, you get to know the ins and outs of the job. All the fiddly details only actually having that job can give you. Then after 10-15years you want to go further in your carrier so you return to collage and complete your masters degree. This makes you a higher accountant, like a senior accountant sort of thing. You get then continue working etc.. and then another 20years or so from then you decide that you want to contribute to the field of accounting. The idea that it's not about your job but about making progress in the field of accounting. So you return and do shit loads of research and write your 200,000 word theist which is suppose to contribute to that field. That's also when you start lecturing and stuff.

See this is the problem, if you force everyone to get their doctorate, nobody will have the valuable work experience required to make any significant improvements to the field of their choice. It'll be almost meaningless. Completely pointless. A standard 3 year degree is about basics of what that degree is about, ie: accounting. Where as a PhD is about making significant improvements/contributions to the entire field. Completely different.

Quote: Every one in the country has to pay seven dollars per person for health
care. Doctors have the right to prescribe medicinal cannibas, if need
be.
And how did you arise this $7 per person?
Here Healthcare takes up like 24% of our countries $67ish billion dollar budget. And that's just for 4.5million people.

Quote: Fruit shaped money is our legal tender.
Umm, whatever tickles your fancy I suppose.

Quote: You are not allowed to weigh over 400 pounds. If you exceed the stated
limit, you are required to go to a weight loss camp. If you continue to
stay over weight, unless deemed a medical issue, and not a dietary one,
you will be taxed.
This sounds very infringing on human rights, especially for a "Utopia".
Taxing overweight people has potential however, but that is really only justified in a place with state paid healthcare.
And even then how do you determine who pays how much.

The simplest and most effective way to tax fat people is the say way we tax smokers and drinkers, put higher tax on junk food.
Here cigarettes are like $15 (about $20US) for a pack of 20 tailors. Like 75% of that is tax. Same with alcohol. (And petrol while we're at it). Tax on consumer goods is the single most fair way to tax people on things like that. Just do the same with junk food. I mean I eat a lot of junk food I do, but you wanna know why? Because I can get a 1.5L vanilla coke and a bag of spicy tomato skofs (big bag of crisps) for $4. OR I can 4 apples for the same price. I mean junk food is just so god damn cheap. Remove tax on milk, remove tax on fruit and veg and increase tax on junk food and I guarantee a population's health will drastically change for the better. You will then see far smaller health bills and other obesity related shit the government pays for.

Quote: Your legal age to start working in professional work places starts at
twenty five. In order to work at less than necessary establishments, you
are to be tested, and given a workers permit.
Once again this goes back to the degree thing. Not to mention the infringing on my rights thing.

I think this at times is such a novel concept people have in their minds about the world.
People expect people to go to collage. They expect that the better the education the better your job.
There have been TONS of high school drop outs who are now millionaires or even billionaires for that matter.

People need to learn that school really just is not for everyone. Some people are just FAR FAR better off not going to collage, or even dropping out of high school. Seriously, if you're failing school and you're gonna end up pumping gas for the rest of your life, then why dick around in a school system wasting your time for 2 or 3 more years?

People need to be helped into trades or other "less desirable" places of work as much as what kids are pushed into collage these days.

IMO, a Utopian society acknowledges what kids want to be and encourages them to do that. ie: They want to be an electrician, then support them and help them do that, don't waste their time forcing them into university.

Quote: Children, for the sake of well rounded people, must participate in an
active organization that, overall benefits the world and promotes moral
behaviors.
Infringing on my human rights again.
Get stuffed, I want to play video games all day I don't want to be forced into some Greenpeace shit.
Let those that have a passion about improving shit do that and let the rest of us who really don't give a fuck waste our time the way we want rather then being forced into some shit that we really don't want to do.

Quote: The government will not be able to support, nor condemn, any, or all, religious practices.
I thought this was Utopia, why the fuck is their religion?

Quote: Our national language is Spanglish.
I lol'd. But good idea. There really does need to be a universal language.
China knows this, that's why they all learn English.
I think as globalization ever increases the language barrier will become a thing of the past.

Quote: We will have a wide variety of transportation from scooters to, when
science allows, transformers. We highly recommend not buying " Smart
Cars" as there is a high chance of it getting crushed by the sheer
awesomeness of other types of transportation.
You obviously don't drive.
I can not express in words how annoying things like Vans, or Buses or Trucks or other non-motorbike vehicals are on the road. And you want to allow big ass mech things?!?

Quote: In order to be " green" We mandate that Octopi be in every home to act as a natural jar opener and pet.
Obviously never rented either.
I'm not allowed a fucking gold fish and you want to give me a fucking octopus?

Quote: Because we are an underwater civilization, we eat seafood, and import fruits and land meat through submarines.
Eat seafood? Sucks if you're allergic. Or just one of millions who hate seafood. Or vegan. Or don't like the idea of eating a potential brother of your precious octopus pet. (A bit like how people don't like the idea of eating cats and dogs).
Not to mention that living underwater seems dodgey. I believe the body needs vitamin D, aka, sunlight.
Everyone will be white as fuck!

Quote: Everyone has to wear a form of flip flops around the house and neighborhood. You can wear whatever you want in the city.
Major infringement on my rights AGAIN. I mean why don't you just make me wear a star of david ffs? (ok yeah that may be taking it to far Big Grin ). But you get my idea.
Oh but at least your nice enough to allow me to wear what I want in the city.

Quote: Anyone with a criminal record is deported.
To Australia by any chance? It'll be like ol' times again.

Quote: You shall not kill.

No child abuse of any kind.
Umm, already a law there son.
Plus there is still that illusive argument of what is classified as child abuse when it comes to disciplining your child. Is a smack on the butt classed as child abuse?

Quote: No discrimination against: Race, Sex, sexual orientation, Religion, and status of family.
Oh, why hasn't man thought of this already? Just tell those racists NOT to be racist. Yeah, that will absolutely work...

Quote: Discrimination is not criticism. It is only discrimination if you say it with the intent to be hateful and a bigot.
white man: Excuse me sir, I don't mean to criticize but I see what you are trying to do there but I think white skin would just look much better on you.
black man: Oh why thank you for your criticism kind sir, I will try harder to have white skin next time I am born.

Quote: No stealing. Of any type.
Once again, already and a law and once again, look how that's working out.

Quote: No forcing people to do things they don't find in their moral compass to do, unless deemed unreasonable by court of law.
Wait, doesn't this contradict like half your points considering half your points were forcing people to do things.

Quote: Leader elections shall be held ever eight years. A leader can hold office for two terms ( term= eight years.)
Yeah 8 years is a fucking looooong time in democracy.
Half that and you're on the money.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
15-06-2012, 08:07 AM
Think you're taking it too seriously muffs Wink Just a fun exercise. You know... what if game. Playing 'can we decide on a good utopia'.

On that score the taxing junk food thing is a good idea - I wonder why people don't do it already? And is there really a tax on healthy food like fruit and veg? If there is that seems off to me. But maybe a subsidy on healthy food and a tax on junk would be quite a nice idea?
15-06-2012, 08:18 AM
(15-06-2012 08:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  Think you're taking it too seriously muffs Wink Just a fun exercise. You know... what if game. Playing 'can we decide on a good utopia'.

On that score the taxing junk food thing is a good idea - I wonder why people don't do it already? And is there really a tax on healthy food like fruit and veg? If there is that seems off to me. But maybe a subsidy on healthy food and a tax on junk would be quite a nice idea?
There's tax on everything, it's called GST.
Just things such as alcohol, tabaco, petrol.. and a few other things, have added tax to help pay for the offsets of having those things.
ie: Extra tax on alcohol will cover medical bills on Saturday nights when people get shitfaced and need to go to A and E.
Or tabaco with added health costs. The idea is that the bill is passed onto those that use it most. So with my bike I do less damage to the roads then what a car does and I use less petrol so I pay less for the upkeep of the roads.
I don't buy cigarets so I don't pay for healthcare for smokers.
That sort of thing.

I don't see why we can't do that with junk food.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
15-06-2012, 08:25 AM
(15-06-2012 07:56 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Let those that have a passion about improving shit do that and let the rest of us who really don't give a fuck waste our time the way we want rather then being forced into some shit that we really don't want to do.

Ooh, Muffs - I vote you Leader in my district. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post