Utterly Disgusting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2015, 07:48 AM
RE: Utterly Disgusting
(06-05-2015 07:44 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 07:41 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  That's more than graphic. About saying this differently - I think he said this that way cause he wanted more people to comment on it. Neutral statement that you proposing is not something to discuss so lively, after all it's quite popular opinion.

Right, well, they pay him for his crazy...

Then I am not surprised.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2015, 07:48 AM
What I find more reprehensible than this idiot, is that people paid to come and listen to garbage spewed from the mouth of an ignoramus.
[+] 2 users Like JakSiemasz's post
06-05-2015, 07:49 AM
(06-05-2015 07:42 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 07:39 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Right, because atheism makes you a murderer, rapist, etc. and not psychopathic/sociopathic tendencies.

Uhm, that's was never implied or suggested by what he said. In fact it's not the rapist and murder who is the atheist in his example, but the victim himself.

The way I read it was that the family was atheist and so were the murderer/rapists because at the end Phil says: "Then you take a sharp knife and take his manhood and hold it in front of him and say, 'Wouldn't it be something if this [sic] was something wrong with this? But you’re the one who says there is no God, there’s no right, there’s no wrong, so we’re just having fun. We're sick in the head, have a nice day.'"

To me, the murderer/rapists were also saying we don't believe in god either. Because if they were christians it kind of disproves Phil argument that atheists are the bad people and christians are the good people. The atheist family was just going about their day and it was the non-atheists who murdered and raped the family--hmmm I like your take on it better! Big Grin
06-05-2015, 07:50 AM
On a side note, I "get" what he's saying/doing.

It's just poorly executed with a poorly conceived generality.

However, people getting upset with the vivid nature of his hypothetical situation need to get over themselves.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
06-05-2015, 07:53 AM
(06-05-2015 07:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  On a side note, I "get" what he's saying/doing.

It's just poorly executed with a poorly conceived generality.

However, people getting upset with the vivid nature of his hypothetical situation need to get over themselves.

Right. He could have just read some Bible passages if he wanted violence, gore, and shock value.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
06-05-2015, 07:57 AM
(06-05-2015 07:49 AM)jennybee Wrote:  The way I read it was that the family was atheist and so were the murderer/rapists because at the end Phil says: "Then you take a sharp knife and take his manhood and hold it in front of him and say, 'Wouldn't it be something if this [sic] was something wrong with this? But you’re the one who says there is no God, there’s no right, there’s no wrong, so we’re just having fun. We're sick in the head, have a nice day.'"

To me, the murderer/rapists were also saying we don't believe in god either. Because if they were christians it kind of disproves Phil argument that atheists are the bad people and christians are the good people. The atheist family was just going about their day and it was the non-atheists who murdered and raped the family--hmmm I like your take on it better! Big Grin

To me it's the other way around, the murder seems to be some possessed believer, a demon of sorts, killing the atheist for no other purpose than because his victim didn't believe in right and wrong. He's a victim of a fictional hate crime.
06-05-2015, 07:59 AM
(06-05-2015 07:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  However, people getting upset with the vivid nature of his hypothetical situation need to get over themselves.

You Dick Dienasty apologist. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2015, 08:03 AM
lol yep.

Honestly, I don't care one way or another.

It's just comical to see people's reactions when all of a sudden their side is the subject of a brutal imaginary scenario and it suddenly becomes an ISIS level war crime.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
06-05-2015, 08:07 AM
I have never watched an episode of Duck Dynasty nor do I ever intend to. But clearly Phil is a douche and as such people should respond with 'Jeez Phil' roll their eyes and move on. I don't think he justifies any further attention, education maybe but attention no.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 3 users Like Eva's post
06-05-2015, 08:08 AM
(06-05-2015 07:57 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 07:49 AM)jennybee Wrote:  The way I read it was that the family was atheist and so were the murderer/rapists because at the end Phil says: "Then you take a sharp knife and take his manhood and hold it in front of him and say, 'Wouldn't it be something if this [sic] was something wrong with this? But you’re the one who says there is no God, there’s no right, there’s no wrong, so we’re just having fun. We're sick in the head, have a nice day.'"

To me it's the other way around, the murder seems to be some possessed believer, a demon of sorts, killing the atheist for no other purpose than because his victim didn't believe in right and wrong. He's a victim of a fictional hate crime.

If the murderer is the possessed believer and the atheist family is just going about their day--who is it that does not know right from wrong?