Uuuuuuuuggg Portugal why are so fucking dumb you stupid country.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2017, 08:04 AM
RE: Uuuuuuuuggg Portugal why are so fucking dumb you stupid country.
Maybe they could beat the guy with a bat covered in nails for the horrific crime of beating someone with a bat covered in nails. I'm pretty sure there's a Bible verse they could even site for such a ruling!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2017, 08:42 AM
And it should be noted that there are still countries where a man can legally beat his wife for a myriad of reasons.
And prior to 1920 in the US it was accepted.

I do on occasion joke with the wife.
"You know there are countries where I could legally kick your ass for that?"
Generally she responds.
"Yeah but you gotta sleep some time."

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
25-10-2017, 09:20 AM
(25-10-2017 08:42 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  And it should be noted that there are still countries where a man can legally beat his wife for a myriad of reasons.
And prior to 1920 in the US it was accepted.

I do on occasion joke with the wife.
"You know there are countries where I could legally kick your ass for that?"
Generally she responds.
"Yeah but you gotta sleep some time."

Even todayin Western country, the procecution of domestic abuse case is a very difficult affair and a lot of violence is still considered acceptable. People don't like to interfere in other people private life. Usually only cases like this one where the abuse causes severe injuries or death ever face justice or a solid social rebuke. It's the same (and perhapse even worse in my opinion) thing for child abuse. We really need to establish classes on sexual education that also covers relationship issues. In my dreams it would also cover the basic principle of gender equality since these ethical and philosophical principles are useful to address and study domestic violence be it directed against men, women or bilateral, but that's probably still a too hot potato for the most conservatives.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
25-10-2017, 11:05 AM
Why do I have a feeling that had this been a woman beating a man with a baseball bat covered in nails because he had cheated on her, the court wouldn't have brought up the woman's dignity and honor. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
25-10-2017, 11:58 AM
(25-10-2017 11:05 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Why do I have a feeling that had this been a woman beating a man with a baseball bat covered in nails because he had cheated on her, the court wouldn't have brought up the woman's dignity and honor. Dodgy

The ''explanation'' I have heard on that subject is that men want respect and women wants love. I like the consistency though; it makes sense to explain very stupid ideas with other very stupid ideas.

[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
25-10-2017, 12:15 PM
(25-10-2017 11:58 AM)epronovost Wrote:  
(25-10-2017 11:05 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Why do I have a feeling that had this been a woman beating a man with a baseball bat covered in nails because he had cheated on her, the court wouldn't have brought up the woman's dignity and honor. Dodgy

The ''explanation'' I have heard on that subject is that men want respect and women wants love. I like the consistency though; it makes sense to explain very stupid ideas with other very stupid ideas.

But I can bet that everybody wants "NOT" to be beat with a baseball bat covered in nails. You can call it common ground if you like.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
25-10-2017, 12:29 PM
(25-10-2017 12:15 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  
(25-10-2017 11:58 AM)epronovost Wrote:  The ''explanation'' I have heard on that subject is that men want respect and women wants love. I like the consistency though; it makes sense to explain very stupid ideas with other very stupid ideas.

But I can bet that everybody wants "NOT" to be beat with a baseball bat covered in nails. You can call it common ground if you like.

Sorry to tell you that, but no, there are people who will claim with an absolute straight face that women need (as in they have a biological/spiritual need) or even secretly desire to be ''put in their place'' once in while or otherwise controlled and dominated. The saddest part about this belief is that, while rare, it's not exactly hard to encounter it.