VENTURE credit card ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2015, 09:59 AM
VENTURE credit card ...
Does anyone have this credit card? Does it suck? I handle my money pretty well, have zero debt, own all my shit, savings, retirement, portfolio, nest egg - all good to go. Don't need a credit card but I figure I can always offset a pain in the ass with perks and saving on flights would be a perk to me.

It offers a whopping 1 frequent flyer mile per doller spent on purchases using it. According to this junk mail, just for signing up, I will receive a bonus 50,000 flyer miles if I can rack up $3000.00 in purchases in the first 90 days of being a card holder. This 50,000 miles translates to a $500.00 discount on a plane ticket. And of course, after the bonus has been achieved, the points continue to rack up... meaning, by the time I'm ready to use my accumulated miles, I stand to get an even bigger discount. That 50,000 is a big chunk so, everything after that would be gravy.

So, tell me what you think ... is this a good deal? The $3000.00 purchases in 90 days came along at a convenient time ... I'ma buy me some big shit. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2015, 11:09 AM
RE: VENTURE credit card ...
(10-07-2015 09:59 AM)kim Wrote:  Does anyone have this credit card? Does it suck? I handle my money pretty well, have zero debt, own all my shit, savings, retirement, portfolio, nest egg - all good to go. Don't need a credit card but I figure I can always offset a pain in the ass with perks and saving on flights would be a perk to me.

It offers a whopping 1 frequent flyer mile per doller spent on purchases using it. According to this junk mail, just for signing up, I will receive a bonus 50,000 flyer miles if I can rack up $3000.00 in purchases in the first 90 days of being a card holder. This 50,000 miles translates to a $500.00 discount on a plane ticket. And of course, after the bonus has been achieved, the points continue to rack up... meaning, by the time I'm ready to use my accumulated miles, I stand to get an even bigger discount. That 50,000 is a big chunk so, everything after that would be gravy.

So, tell me what you think ... is this a good deal? The $3000.00 purchases in 90 days came along at a convenient time ... I'ma buy me some big shit. Shy

It is a CapitalOne credit card. I have had a CapitalOne card for some years now and am not unhappy with it. They are reasonable to deal with, including disputes.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-07-2015, 11:30 AM
Oh yea, I had a gold card with CapOne a few years ago - they were ok. I tossed it because of disuse. Who needs a card if it's never used? Consider Although... I think I have at least one of those laying around... somewhere.

I guess I'm torn between the convenience of consolidation and the possible hassles of card/money juggling. I'm lazy.

I see I should have posted this in the "first world problem" thread. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
10-07-2015, 05:23 PM
Credit cards are great if you pay it off before you start getting interest. Key word in that being "if".

[Image: oscar.png]
13-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Well... I made my decision... I applied and I'll get my new card in 7 to 10 days.

I'll go for the 50,000 bonus points, of course - it's the only reason I even considered getting the damn thing.

Pretty certain I'll be able to make $3000.00 of purcases in the first 90 days I have the card. I own a Ford for fucks sake, in the past month alone it's cost me $1,300 in repairs. I may as well get something positive out of that piece of shit.

Yes, the only way to do the card thing is to pay the balance in full. Oh, I might let it run one month here and there, with just the minimum payment... it's good to know that kind of buffer is available if necessary. Shy