VIDEO: Stephen Fry / Damn Jeeves / Gay Byrne (merger)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2015, 01:08 PM
RE: Damn, Jeeves!
Love Stephen Fry. Loved Jeeves and Wooster and the intro music to the show. Hugh Laurie, Wooster, is an atheist too.

A few days ago Julianne Moore came out as an atheist. Yeah, I know, she's kind of a lightweight, but it's amazing how much vitriol has been thrown at her by Christians because of it.

I think when women come out as atheists they're hated more than men. Like we women are more godly or something so it's a greater fall from grace. I donno, it's just weird.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
30-01-2015, 01:15 PM
Gotta love and respect the Fry.

The interviewer was totally cool with it. No dramas there.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
30-01-2015, 01:24 PM
(30-01-2015 01:15 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Gotta love and respect the Fry.

The interviewer was totally cool with it. No dramas there.

If this had been an American actor being interviewed and his response was the same as Fry's the hate mongering Christians would have piled on and crushed him. In the UK hardly anyone bats an eye.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
30-01-2015, 01:38 PM
(30-01-2015 01:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ... the hate mongering American Christians would have ...
I get a feeling there is a strong patriotic thing in USA and it often centers around these USA polarizing topics.

- persecution of Christians ("This country was built on Christian values")
- Gun rights ("All American's should have guns, it's their patriotic duty, part of the American experience...")

I was going to add gay marriage to that short list, but was struggling to construct a semi believable patriotic saying to back it up.

I don't thik the abortion thing has any USA patriotic aspect (well, other than the Christian values BS)
30-01-2015, 02:27 PM
(30-01-2015 01:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  A few days ago Julianne Moore came out as an atheist.

Always liked her. When I saw that, I felt even better.
30-01-2015, 02:35 PM
(30-01-2015 11:18 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Homophonically speaking... a gay burns Gay Byrne.

Smartass

Quadruple entendre . Thumbsup

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-01-2015, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2015 02:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-01-2015 01:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  A few days ago Julianne Moore came out as an atheist. Yeah, I know, she's kind of a lightweight, but it's amazing how much vitriol has been thrown at her by Christians because of it.

She ain't a lightweight. She honestly could not give less of a shit. Monkeys flinging poo. The more poo they fling, the less credible their faith.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-01-2015, 02:44 PM
His face from 1:43-1:46. Bahahaha

(30-01-2015 01:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I think when women come out as atheists they're hated more than men. Like we women are more godly or something so it's a greater fall from grace. I donno, it's just weird.

I wonder if any research has been done on that - it would be really interesting to look into.
[+] 1 user Likes Dahlia's post
30-01-2015, 03:59 PM
(30-01-2015 02:44 PM)Dahlia Wrote:  His face from 1:43-1:46. Bahahaha

(30-01-2015 01:08 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I think when women come out as atheists they're hated more than men. Like we women are more godly or something so it's a greater fall from grace. I donno, it's just weird.

I wonder if any research has been done on that - it would be really interesting to look into.

Atheists and agnostics are much more likely to be male (64%) than female (36%). Why would that be?

30-01-2015, 04:20 PM
(30-01-2015 03:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Atheists and agnostics are much more likely to be male (64%) than female (36%). Why would that be?
My guess is that women are more emotive making them more susceptible to emotional pleading, which is a large recruiting tactic.
And women are more sociable and hence probably more attracted to the social side of religion.
Also, women may be more on the lookout for "moral" guidance for their kids and religious often assert that they have "moral" guidance on offer.

Would be keen to know what others think, regarding why women like religion, even though most religious paint women as merely baby making factories, subservient to men, often unclean and weak to temptation.