Vacation destination?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2016, 07:18 AM
Vacation destination?
https://www.aroundiowa.com/blog/2016/10/...B3afIWcHIU

Hey! Is this Heaven? No, it’s Dyersville.

My sister sent me this link. Oh...the excitement of it all. This is the town where we grew up (for me from 6th grade till my early 20s).

#4 cracks me up. My best friend grew up in half of that house (once a duplex). They were poor - really poor with her father usually in a state institution for alcoholism and her mother rolling her own cigarettes to save money. Now it's a museum.

Also amusing is that the Basilica comes in at number 2...beaten by the Field of Dreams movie site.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2016, 07:22 AM
RE: Vacation destination?
(05-11-2016 07:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  https://www.aroundiowa.com/blog/2016/10/...B3afIWcHIU

Hey! Is this Heaven? No, it’s Dyersville.

My sister sent me this link. Oh...the excitement of it all. This is the town where we grew up (for me from 6th grade till my early 20s).

#4 cracks me up. My best friend grew up in half of that house (once a duplex). They were poor - really poor with her father usually in a state institution for alcoholism and her mother rolling her own cigarettes to save money. Now it's a museum.

Also amusing is that the Basilica comes in at number 2...beaten by the Field of Dreams movie site.

Isn’t their State Motto: “Where dreams go to die”?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-11-2016, 07:25 AM
No offense, but that looks like the last place I'd go on vacation Drinking Beverage

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
05-11-2016, 07:29 AM
(05-11-2016 07:25 AM)cactus Wrote:  No offense, but that looks like the last place I'd go on vacation Drinking Beverage

None taken...I have no plans to go back.

My sister sent the link because she's a smartass. Wink

She bailed from there before she was 18. I would be hard-pressed to say which one of us hated that town the most.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-11-2016, 07:50 AM
My idea of a vacation is taking up a different spot on the sofa. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
05-11-2016, 08:03 AM
(05-11-2016 07:50 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  My idea of a vacation is taking up a different spot on the sofa. Tongue

Do you have jet leg after getting back from the fridge?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
05-11-2016, 09:16 AM
Nerdvana: 201 Kicking Horse Ave, Field, BC V0A 1G0, Canada
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user