Vacations on the east coast.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Vacations on the east coast.
My husband and I have never been on a vacation together. The first two years, we were saving for a house. Then we got the house. Then I got pregnant. Now I'm pregnant again lol.

So next summer? It's on.

I'm looking for ideas or recommendations. We live in PA and have both been to Rehoboth, Lewes, Myrtel Beach. Not looking for anything as far as Florida or anything, Myrtel is probably as far as we'd go. If we even go to a beach! Who knows!

Any ideas? Go to spots? Any input is appreciated Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: Vacations on the east coast.
(13-08-2014 02:31 PM)MrsFarrow Wrote:  My husband and I have never been on a vacation together. The first two years, we were saving for a house. Then we got the house. Then I got pregnant. Now I'm pregnant again lol.

So next summer? It's on.

I'm looking for ideas or recommendations. We live in PA and have both been to Rehoboth, Lewes, Myrtel Beach. Not looking for anything as far as Florida or anything, Myrtel is probably as far as we'd go. If we even go to a beach! Who knows!

Any ideas? Go to spots? Any input is appreciated Smile

Have you considered Maine? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-08-2014, 05:05 PM
New England is wonderful. You can hit a high point every 20 miles and be swallowed up in history. If you prefer to stay in one spot, try Williamsburg. Plenty to do in a small area from history to amusement parks.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
13-08-2014, 06:15 PM
Great seafood in Boston. And the USS Constitution is a marvel.

Go in the fall when the autumn foliage is in high gear.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
13-08-2014, 06:20 PM
I'm in Charlotte, been up and down the Carolinas and Georgia coast. When you go to the beach, do you like high rise condos, tourists, lots of action ( like Myrtle), or do you want to rent a beach house with not much around?, or do you want bike paths, golf/tennis resorts plus beach, or. What?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
13-08-2014, 06:32 PM
(13-08-2014 05:05 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  New England is wonderful. You can hit a high point every 20 miles and be swallowed up in history. If you prefer to stay in one spot, try Williamsburg. Plenty to do in a small area from history to amusement parks.

Ooh yes! Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, and WATER COUNTRY USA!

We took family vacations there when I was a kid. It's my favorite Big Grin

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 3 users Like Colourcraze's post
13-08-2014, 09:30 PM
(13-08-2014 06:20 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I'm in Charlotte, been up and down the Carolinas and Georgia coast. When you go to the beach, do you like high rise condos, tourists, lots of action ( like Myrtle), or do you want to rent a beach house with not much around?, or do you want bike paths, golf/tennis resorts plus beach, or. What?

We aren't much into hiking and whatnot. Kind of boring people. Action is good, but so is calm Smile

New England is a great idea as well! I'll have to look into Boston and Maine!
13-08-2014, 10:00 PM
Any where but camden.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
14-08-2014, 05:29 AM
(13-08-2014 10:00 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Any where but camden.

Camden is lovely when viewed from afar.

[Image: gregs-crew-mt-battie-view.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-08-2014, 07:05 AM
(13-08-2014 09:30 PM)MrsFarrow Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 06:20 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I'm in Charlotte, been up and down the Carolinas and Georgia coast. When you go to the beach, do you like high rise condos, tourists, lots of action ( like Myrtle), or do you want to rent a beach house with not much around?, or do you want bike paths, golf/tennis resorts plus beach, or. What?

We aren't much into hiking and whatnot. Kind of boring people. Action is good, but so is calm Smile

New England is a great idea as well! I'll have to look into Boston and Maine!

NE is fantastic. Every 20 miles or so you run across another "attraction" you can stop at or not. Even the scenery between attractions is great. Very historical area - look up Old Sturbridge for starters. Walk the Boston [forget what they call it] historical trails through the city - several to chose from. Museums galore! Oooo, I'm making myself jealous now.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post