Poll: What is your opinion of Vaccines/Vaccine Policy?
Vaccines saved the world. Bring them on.
I don't entirely trust big pharma, but vaccines have done more good than harm.
Some vaccines are effective and useful. Some are not.
Vaccines are of questionable value, like many pharmaceuticals, but I might want one if an epidemic hits.
Vaccines cause more health problems than they prevent. Parents and individuals should have the right to refuse any/all of them.
Vaccines are part of a population-reduction conspiracy on the part of the global elite and are intended to sterilize/kill as many as possible.
[Show Results]

Vaccine (Public Health) Policy Needs to Be Challenged

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2014, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2014 09:25 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Vaccine (Public Health) Policy Needs to Be Challenged
(27-04-2014 09:08 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  By the way, I've seen the link you posted many times before. It is the worse kind of fear-mongering and twisting of data, of the sort that is becoming more and more common in the Disinformation Age.

Whenever there is an outbreak of infectious disease, if we are to learn anything of value we need an open discussion of mortality rates and an honest look at socioeconomic, nutritional, environmental, and other factors that may have amplified the severity of symptoms and/or contributed to a fatality. We can also compare:

- Numbers of vaccinated sick to unvaccinated sick and the relative severity of their symptoms

- Differences between vaccine-induced immunity and immunity acquired through exposure to wild pathogens

- Mother-infant transmission of antibodies

- Unforeseen side-effects of successful vaccination campaigns — such as delayed exposure of a population to mumps and varicella-zoster (chicken pox), which can – and often does – result in sterility for adolescent boys (from mumps) and shingles (from varicella) for adults.

The fact is that you would be shocked how many outbreaks now are the result of vaccine failure or adaptation of the pathogen, and NOT due to those who refuse vaccinations.

Also, how is herd immunity anything but a failed hypothesis when most teens and adults are years or decades past the due date for booster shots? Are we to believe it is only babies and young children who spread disease? Come on, adults who haven't been vaccinated for decades are all over the place, and we aren't all dead as a result, which is just one evidence that microbes are not anything close to deadly for everyone exposed.

Consider the fact that we are composed of more microbes than human cells. The ridiculous fear of germs that is sold to us deflects attention from the fact that Americans have some of the worst health in the world and is one of the most vaccinated populations.

I could care less how "many times you've seen it". You have not specifically demonstrated WITH FACTUAL specific sources why it's wrong.
Of course ALL the links above are in the pockets of Big Pharma. Sure they are.
And of course YOU FAILED to cite the stats, and sources for even ONE of your assertions above.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%...ger_effect
We need a section for all the people we get suffering from DK.
The fact is, he's incompetent. I wonder how it feels to have wasted years of one's life chasing their tail ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-04-2014, 09:21 PM
When was the last time someone you know died of measles, smallpox, polio, rubella, chicken pox, or influenza?

Vaccines are about 80-90% of that.

Guess what happens in wealthy American populations with high numbers of non-vaccinating moms? Kids die of measles! Who'da thunk it?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 10 users Like Phaedrus's post
27-04-2014, 09:27 PM
(27-04-2014 07:59 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  If a mod could edit poll option number 2 to read "pharma", that would be cool. Spellcheck will be the end of us all.

As Mod:
Done.
It is our pleasure to serve

As semi-normal forum member and parent of autistic children, I'm staying out of this one.
I've seen enough debunked research (on both side) for a life time. Thanks.
Weeping

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
27-04-2014, 10:04 PM
(27-04-2014 09:27 PM)DLJ Wrote:  As semi-normal forum member and parent of autistic children, I'm staying out of this one.
I've seen enough debunked research (on both side) for a life time. Thanks.
Weeping

Yep, me too.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-04-2014, 10:04 PM
(27-04-2014 09:21 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  When was the last time someone you know died of measles, smallpox, polio, rubella, chicken pox, or influenza?

Guess what happens in wealthy American populations with high numbers of non-vaccinating moms? Kids die of measles! Who'da thunk it?

No, they don't. One might think so because of media reports that try to paint that picture, but mortality rates are virtually nil. For deaths from diabetes, asthma, MS, and severe allergies caused by epigenetic reactants like vaccines, we are truly seeing an "epidemic".
27-04-2014, 10:13 PM
(27-04-2014 10:04 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 09:21 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  When was the last time someone you know died of measles, smallpox, polio, rubella, chicken pox, or influenza?

No, they don't. One might think so because of media reports that try to paint that picture, but mortality rates are virtually nil. For deaths from diabetes, asthma, MS, and severe allergies caused by epigenetic reactants like vaccines, we are truly seeing an "epidemic".

Diabetes: refined sugar in everything we eat
Asthma: Source?
MS: Source? I can only find info that the rate was higher than previously thought; not that it had increased
Allergies from epigenetic reactants: What? Do you know what the word "epigenetic" means?

There's no causal link between any of those things and vaccines, nor is there a documented correlation to my knowledge. Frankly I'm surprised you're not going around quoting the Wakefield study.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 3 users Like Phaedrus's post
27-04-2014, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2014 10:46 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-04-2014 10:04 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  No, they don't. One might think so because of media reports that try to paint that picture, but mortality rates are virtually nil. For deaths from diabetes, asthma, MS, and severe allergies caused by epigenetic reactants like vaccines, we are truly seeing an "epidemic".

Prove it.
And what is this "we" ? You are not a practitioner of anything. You "see" nothing. AT ALL. EVER. You have no relevant degree, education, or experience in the subject.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-04-2014, 10:20 PM
Follow the money, If any of the conspiracy bullshit, was not bullshit then there is mountains of money to sue for.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
27-04-2014, 10:20 PM
I've gotta be honest, if it were up to me vaccinations would be mandatory and trying to deny your child them would be a criminal offense.

I know that, as a society, we all try and pretend we believe in the bullshit notion that everyone's opinion is equally valid and everyone should have a right to make these choices for themselves but I don't buy it. If someone decided they were gonna tie their kid to a train-track for ten minutes at a random time of the day because they felt it was a legitimate thing to do and trains can be dangerous but not being tied to a train-track was more dangerous they would be stopped from taking that risk. People not vaccinating their kids is just as much as form of russian roulette as that would be. Also, the opinions of some parent who's read something online (with no way of knowing if it's accurate and a mentality that holding views that are at odds with mainstream knowledge somehow makes them "special") are not equal to those of an entire group of medical professionals.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 8 users Like Hughsie's post
27-04-2014, 10:22 PM
(27-04-2014 10:20 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I've gotta be honest, if it were up to me vaccinations would be mandatory and trying to deny your child them would be a criminal offense.

I know that, as a society, we all try and pretend we believe in the bullshit notion that everyone's opinion is equally valid and everyone should have a right to make these choices for themselves but I don't buy it. If someone decided they were gonna tie their kid to a train-track for ten minutes at a random time of the day because they felt it was a legitimate thing to do and trains can be dangerous but not being tied to a train-track was more dangerous they would be stopped from taking that risk. People not vaccinating their kids is just as much as form of russian roulette as that would be. Also, the opinions of some parent who's read something online (with no way of knowing if it's accurate and a mentality that holding views that are at odds with mainstream knowledge somehow makes them "special") are not equal to those of an entire group of medical professionals.

Bowing I love you for writing this. Thank you a thousand times.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post