Poll: What is your opinion of Vaccines/Vaccine Policy?
Vaccines saved the world. Bring them on.
I don't entirely trust big pharma, but vaccines have done more good than harm.
Some vaccines are effective and useful. Some are not.
Vaccines are of questionable value, like many pharmaceuticals, but I might want one if an epidemic hits.
Vaccines cause more health problems than they prevent. Parents and individuals should have the right to refuse any/all of them.
Vaccines are part of a population-reduction conspiracy on the part of the global elite and are intended to sterilize/kill as many as possible.
[Show Results]

Vaccine (Public Health) Policy Needs to Be Challenged

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2014, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2014 10:42 PM by sporehux.)
RE: Vaccine (Public Health) Policy Needs to Be Challenged
Something an individual can do:

Wear a motorcycle helmet = 1 life saved
Use a seat belt = 1 to 4 lives saved
Don't drink and drive = 1 to 100 lives saved

immunisation = 1 to everybody on the planet saved

One of these is not enforced by law.
nuff said

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
27-04-2014, 10:41 PM
The only vaccine that is of any concern for me is the Flu vaccine.

I only ever had one flu shot, needed it to attend college, and that winter I got the flu.

Never had the flu before that, and never had it since.
27-04-2014, 11:00 PM
(27-04-2014 10:20 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Follow the money, If any of the conspiracy bullshit, was not bullshit then there is mountains of money to sue for.

You can't sue them. They have more power than the U.S. government and have arranged for indemnity against lawsuits for vaccine adverse reactions.
27-04-2014, 11:05 PM
(27-04-2014 07:48 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  I am an atheist and a journalist. .

It was only after doing many months of research and reading hundreds of PubMed and PLoS studies that I had to admit that something is up with vaccines. Those who develop them know all too well that they cause autism, SIDS, diabetes, MS, arthritis, asthma, and any number of other syndromes and diseases, but there is no chance in hell of them ever admitting it or letting on that more people now die or suffer morbidity from vaccine-induced health problems than would die if we stopped vaccinating and encouraged better diet and exercise (which would not keep the medical industry massively profitable).

It's a conundrum for someone like me, who thinks the human race mostly sucks and needs to be reduced by half. I just don't happen to believe that shutting off gene transcription and protein synthesis by means of injected epigenetic reactants in vaccines is the best means of accomplishing that goal.

"As a result of years of reading such studies, and of my capacity for critical thought, I am qualified to comment, yes.

So then, which is it ? Years or months ?
Please enlighten us, if you "just don't happen to believe that shutting off gene transcription and protein synthesis by means of injected epigenetic reactants in vaccines is the best means of accomplishing that goal", ("for someone like me, who thinks the human race mostly sucks and needs to be reduced by half"), what would be a "good" way to accomplish that ?

Please provide us with the peer reviewed studies that demonstrate that vaccines shut off gene transcription, and that it's accomplished by epigenetic mechanisms, tell us exactly what genes are affected (and while you're at it do the same for all the other diseases...MS, Diabetes, etc that you claimed you "see").

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-04-2014, 11:06 PM
(27-04-2014 10:20 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I've gotta be honest, if it were up to me vaccinations would be mandatory and trying to deny your child them would be a criminal offense.

I know that, as a society, we all try and pretend we believe in the bullshit notion that everyone's opinion is equally valid and everyone should have a right to make these choices for themselves but I don't buy it. If someone decided they were gonna tie their kid to a train-track for ten minutes at a random time of the day because they felt it was a legitimate thing to do and trains can be dangerous but not being tied to a train-track was more dangerous they would be stopped from taking that risk. People not vaccinating their kids is just as much as form of russian roulette as that would be. Also, the opinions of some parent who's read something online (with no way of knowing if it's accurate and a mentality that holding views that are at odds with mainstream knowledge somehow makes them "special") are not equal to those of an entire group of medical professionals.

Which ones would you make mandatory? They're planning scores more for the future. You want all of them to be mandatory? Let's see just how f**king stupid the worldview on display here really gets when you try to sell the idea that what we need is more and more and more chemical intervention to create "health".
27-04-2014, 11:09 PM
(27-04-2014 11:00 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 10:20 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Follow the money, If any of the conspiracy bullshit, was not bullshit then there is mountains of money to sue for.

You can't sue them. They have more power than the U.S. government and have arranged for indemnity against lawsuits for vaccine adverse reactions.

Hmm ? Really ?
http://www.nvic.org/injury-compensation.aspx
http://www.historyofvaccines.org/content...n-programs

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-04-2014, 11:09 PM
(27-04-2014 11:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 07:48 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  I am an atheist and a journalist. .

It was only after doing many months of research and reading hundreds of PubMed and PLoS studies that I had to admit that something is up with vaccines. Those who develop them know all too well that they cause autism, SIDS, diabetes, MS, arthritis, asthma, and any number of other syndromes and diseases, but there is no chance in hell of them ever admitting it or letting on that more people now die or suffer morbidity from vaccine-induced health problems than would die if we stopped vaccinating and encouraged better diet and exercise (which would not keep the medical industry massively profitable).

It's a conundrum for someone like me, who thinks the human race mostly sucks and needs to be reduced by half. I just don't happen to believe that shutting off gene transcription and protein synthesis by means of injected epigenetic reactants in vaccines is the best means of accomplishing that goal.

"As a result of years of reading such studies, and of my capacity for critical thought, I am qualified to comment, yes.

So then, which is it ? Years or months ?
Please enlighten us, if you "just don't happen to believe that shutting off gene transcription and protein synthesis by means of injected epigenetic reactants in vaccines is the best means of accomplishing that goal", ("for someone like me, who thinks the human race mostly sucks and needs to be reduced by half"), what would be a "good" way to accomplish that ?

Please provide us with the peer reviewed studies that demonstrate that vaccines shut off gene transcription, and that it's accomplished by epigenetic mechanisms, tell us exactly what genes are affected (and while you're at it do the same for all the other diseases...MS, Diabetes, etc that you claimed you "see").

Tomorrow. Some of us sleep. There's no vaccine to eliminate the need for it.

Peer-reviewed science for decades, vaccines specifically just in the past few months, FYI...
27-04-2014, 11:11 PM
(27-04-2014 11:09 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  
(27-04-2014 11:05 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So then, which is it ? Years or months ?

Tomorrow. Some of us sleep. There's no vaccine to eliminate the need for it.

Peer-reviewed science for decades, vaccines specifically just in the past few months, FYI...

By all means take your time. You still have not even BEGUN to reply to the Scientific American article, and all the others above.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-04-2014, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2014 11:20 PM by Hughsie.)
(27-04-2014 11:06 PM)Magellan35 Wrote:  Which ones would you make mandatory? They're planning scores more for the future. You want all of them to be mandatory? Let's see just how f**king stupid the worldview on display here really gets when you try to sell the idea that what we need is more and more and more chemical intervention to create "health".

Would I be right in assuming that you're one of those people who equate the words "chemical" and "artificial" with being automatically bad?

Take a look at the likes of smallpox and polio. For the bad sides of vaccination to outweigh the good they would have to be causing as many deaths as have been prevented by eradicating smallpox, and then a whole load more. I'm yet to see anything that convinces me on that one.

Also, (and like every person who I see do the whole "pharmaceutical companies are evil and pay off the Government to look the other way while they fleece common people and insurance companies as part of a huge conspiracy seems to do) your theory on this conspiracy doesn't take something important into consideration. The world is bigger than America. I'm from England, we have universal free health care. Our Government pays for all our vaccinations. If your theory is correct our Government isn't looking the other way while pharmaceutical companies fleece insurance companies, they are literally watching themselves get fleeced. Your theory runs into difficulties when you take a more global view.

And finally, do you have any figures for the rate of people who work developing these vaccines and vaccinate their own kids? That would be your smoking gun, if you find figures that show the people developing them and promoting them steer clear then that would support your point. If (as I suspect) vaccination rates are practically 100% amongst those groups, it would suggest they do believe in what they are doing.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
27-04-2014, 11:22 PM
(27-04-2014 11:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Hmm ? Really ?
http://www.nvic.org/injury-compensation.aspx
http://www.historyofvaccines.org/content...n-programs

I' think Penn/teller once said, your more likely to die from a car crash on the way to get a vaccine then to have an adverse reaction to the vaccine.

Anti vacc nutters should just keep their kids at home (in the cellar chained up), no need for a vaccination and you can avoid the looming fear of motor vehicle death.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post